Ore compression for npc stations in hi-sec

Sure, but the vast, vast, vast, vast majority will just move system. Almost no one would leave the game because they couldnt compress.

Other than that, you seem to have no argument, that would merit including compression in npc stations.

2 Likes

Actually from rookie help, most find out about it fairly quickly but then there is general confusion over where they can compress. Most won’t or can’t use the structure browser and don’t understand that a reprocessing service means you can compress.

1 Like

I think a service likek compression or research or even building should be tied to standing you have with the NPC corp that owns the station. The higher your standing, the more services offered at a cheaper price.

1 Like

Years ago we used to need high standings with the local faction in order to place our own POS/Citadel. I wish we would go back to that…

4 Likes

In terms of fees it already works that way for reproc, not base rate though. As for manufacturing/research I’m not sure, has been a long time since I used an NPC for anything except market.

I wish we could just got back years ago period.

Agreed. I played this game for almost 10 years before I went into hibernation. I haven’t compressed ore in my life. For the record; most of the first two years consisted of mining.
In all fairness (and thus also for the record); I used to build t1 guns as compression-method.
I consider this “bullying” of high-sec citadel owners perfect legitimate gameplay btw. Beats all the NPC’s swarming EVE these days.

This confusion would be avoided if they simplified the situation by adding compression to NPC stations which offer compression.

Also there would be less confusion if they removed all compression from hisec.

2 Likes

I’d be down with that. At least everyone will be on equal footing in hisec.

maybe that is the better idea…remove compression from High Security space

1 Like

I’m actually fine with how it is but it wouldn’t bother me if that was the case.

That could work. It prevents experienced players from gaining an advantage by bullying new players out of being able to compress. Stops that bullying dead.

LOL not really moron, take me for an example im already setup to deal with no compression and i purchase ore from clients all over eve. I would not be hurting one least bit.

Trouble is it would favour those with freighters who would just haul and reproc.

You sound mad. Your post doesn’t make much sense either.

not mad at all, laughing at you saying removing compression would hurt experienced players.

surely not adding compression to stations is the best way to achieve this.

1 Like

EVE is a competitive game. And highsec is not excluded in this regard. This just looks like another attempt at handling water without getting wet.

Let’s try a compromise and say corps can get access to ore compression in NPC stations in exchange to their war immunity. Would that be ok for you?

If your answer to this is yes, fine. If not, your Intention is just another attempt to evade consequences in a competitive pvp game.

3 Likes

That was easily bypassed with a 100m isk back then. But at least someone could make a profit by offering a player service. This certainly added more to the game than NPCs hunting.

1 Like