"Ore White Salvage" - Open ALL

“Ore White Salvage” - Open ALL
Please allow one click to open all boxes. More than 3,000 have already accumulated… why such torment?

4 Likes

Right?

And while you’re fixing that…

Too Many

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

3000 accumulated in three days = (

1 Like

Don’t worry it will be another 10 years before we get that buttion OP.

How long did it take CCP to create the “log off to character selection screen” button?

5 Likes

If you need to perform some repetitive action, just automate it. If it’s not something that’s actual gameplay (e.g. mining, killing rats, changing market orders), CCP isn’t going to care or even bother “observing” you because it’s not on their botting radar. Like for example, if you need to split one stack into a hundred stacks, nothing’s going to happen to you if you macro shift-click-enter to your mouse side button.

Is this accurate information?
I had thoughts of getting my little brother involved in this case, but I hope CCP will give the opportunity to open all the boxes with one button

he is right. What is forbidden is to acquire resources faster. If all you do is get convenience, you are allowed to.
It’s the same for broadcasting. You can use it, for example to set up your bots game. Not to acquire anything, like intelligence or kills.

One of those events I had like 1000 boxes, so I ran a mouse script to open them all, and went for a walk…
I came back, the script was not done, so I took a nap.

Funny way to reward people for playing by CCP.

You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.

1 Like

Can I get an official CCP comment that you can open boxes using a macro?

@ISD_Buldath @ISD_Drew

They won’t comment, because they want to keep it intentionally vague. That’s how they’ve always been in the past. If they start not being vague and effectively gaslighting players into avoiding all forms of automation based on “but what if?” fears, that would create much more work for them to answer petitions, having to apply rules consistently, being held to a consistent standard when publicly communicating with players on the matter, etc.

They’ll take the easy road, and make it vague so that you simply give up of your own volition. But really, they have better things to do than going around punishing paying customers who aren’t actually automating vast swathes of the game for personal gain.

To put it in perspective, when I broke my arm, I macroed the entire F-key rack to a single mouse button so I wouldn’t have to click the buttons individually in the absence of being able to press them with my other hand like a normally do. It was never an issue.

Any clarification on the ToS/EULA should be via the GM team which can be reached through the support portal here: https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011834800-Contacting-Support

We’ve strayed off topic, closing this thread and moving it into Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums as feedback.