Other Account Banned!

Let me clarify - someone started a CHAT with Support. I then received a Support Ticket in my “Activities” ABOUT the CHAT that transpired between this person AND Eve Support. The Support Ticket does not clarify what the CHAT was, but it does discuss there was a problem with the account.

SO an Eve Staff let this hacker into my account. This will be in a CHAT log (Eve will have it). After which, I LOST my ISK, Skills, now my account altogether.

There are plenty of dubious or bad things I’m willing to blame or accept as possible from CCP.
However, outright theft or stealing basic assets from players isn’t on my list…yet.

1 Like

Oh, you received a ticket ABOUT the CHAT between not just the person, BUT between the person AND Eve Support?!?!?! And then you LOST your ISK, Skills, and now your whole ACCOUNT?

Just because I don’t want to divulge anymore than I have to, because of what I’ve experienced does not mean I’m the bad actor. Yet that’s what many post replies receive.
The purpose of this post was to get Eve’s attention. If they look into this account, which is just as old as the other they’ll see who I am.

No one has said you are. It’s about risk management and damage minimisation.

This is a discussion forum. It’s for players to discuss. If you want CCP’s attention, specifically in relation to security matters, then email the security team inbox at if you don’t trust the support team:

security@ccpgames.com

Exactly. A ticket about the CHAT which included the Staff’s Eve Character name in my acct. Details other than account issues were omitted from the ticket.

Final detail - when I logged into my account, it gave me some funky temporary user name for about 3 minutes, then corrected itself. That’s Eve.

I’ve made my point. Accomplished what I expected. I’m in touch with them. Thank you.

So you got a ticket ABOUT the CHAT, and it GAVE you the staff NAME!!! I think there IS a clue for YOU!

I can no longer access the account. That dawned on me later, useless now.

Yes. Their Staff (Character) name was/is on the Ticket. But I can’t access my account to get THEIR NAME!!! I’m locked out. They just have to look to get the CHAT log.
Or perhaps Eve would be kind enough to contact the email that’s ALWAYS been associated with the account? Just because the solution is problematic doesn’t mean Eve needs to ban my 2003 Character.

And yes, there’ll be a CC Dispute. This falls on Eve’s lap.

The real take away that needs to be seen here - it was an EVE STAFF THAT LET THE HACKER INTO MY ACCT. This party (hacker) provided ‘some’ info to convince the Support Staff it was me. However where was this ‘partial’ info obtained? Figure this out gamers!!

You seem to think you already have this figured out. So doesn’t seem a need for anyone else to.

1 Like

Please read the initial post again. No gamer can help here. The thread was created for gamers to read and CCP to take note. Only Eve can correct this - do they want to? I’ll let ya know.

MY EVE is not the proper spot for your “dispute”… Instead of coming to the forums, stuff like this should have been escalated straight to security at ccp…

!!!

2 Likes

You’re not allowed to trade or hand over accounts, only characters. If you bought the accounts from someone else it is a) illegal and b) surely wasn’t done via the official forum.

And if you were willing to admit to crossing that line I bet you’re not telling us half the story.

2 Likes

So to get it right:

1. You had a ticket with CCP where they get you a hint on the e-mail adress used.
  2. You were able to log into this account after remembering the e-mail adress.
  3. Somebody else got into you account and created a chat with CCP.
  4. This person got access to your account and stole everything from you.
  5. Your account got banned.

So, the question is: How does this person got into your account? As your passwords are stored encrypted, CCP employes can’t know your password - never. But may you passwort was part of a hack on another site (https://haveibeenpwned.com/).
So a CCP employee sees a ticket created by your account, so they have to assume this was you. On the other hand, I’m not sure what was the ticket for? The hacker got into your account already to enter support, so they had your password and your username.

As you haven’t mentioned, that you needed to change the password, it sounds like the hacker knew the password and used your password without changing it to a own password.

In conclusion: Somebody knew your login name and your password, otherwise he wouldn’t have been able to log into the game or the support site. I’m not sure where to blame CCP here.

This is the type of response that I’m talking about. Typical. However YES the account was legit, if anything wasn’t, you think I’d be here complaining about it? Seriously. Oh and yes, purchased it right here on the Eve forum back in 2008.

Lets make sure we’re not mixing things up here because we can see this character changed accounts in 2008. Did you buy an account or a character?