Before alpha I was a regular customer.

After Alpha Im a P2W person?

Whaaaaaa??

How do you win at EvE?

Only real fans know the answer.

And winning in EvE is free.

8 Likes

Let’s apply this same logic to something else:

You are either a criminal or you are not. Doesn’t matter what crime you commit, as all crimes are against the law -whether they be speeding, smoking weed, murder, or treason. If you break a law, you are a criminal.

Look, I’m not saying that you’re wrong for being opposed to any P2W. We all have our own personal lines in the sand. But there is not an equivalency between all P2W mechanics, nor all games that have them. Hell, your rigid classification means that there is no meaningful distinction between Eve Online and Eve Echoes, or Eve and BDO, or Eve and Entropia Universe. Know what I mean Vern?
No P2W

1 Like

… but you are either a criminal or you aren’t one.

Just because there are degrees in the severity of a crime didn’t change that.

Also I didn’t say I was against pay to win. All I did was point that people accept certain levels of pay to win then try to justify them while still trying to maintain an anti pay to win stance.

Before f2p he did it with 14 day trial characters and back then there was no 1 mil sp referral. So realistically he did it with ~1 mil SP. Around 400k from creation plus a bit of training.

2 Likes

Imagine what he could do if he flew a t2 ship :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Every advantage can be obtained by earning and spending isk (isk → plex → omega or alt).

It’s not really that different than spending isk on a better ship, or a higher-tier module.

You know what the solution is, right?

Remove Alpha.

2 Likes

I hereby accept your surrender.

What?
Can you show me some “Schemers” That are outperforming the players?

You couldnt even play without paying for the game a few years back, so should feel lucky you are even allowed to play.

How many other games do you buy over the year to play from steam gog epic etc etc. you can buy 2 top titles and you;ve already gone over 1 year sub for EvE.
some of us make the decsion not to buy other games so we can spin ships in eve and dream about walking in stations

1 Like

Or, you know, CCP should feel lucky that some new person is giving EVE Online a chance and increases the player population plus, whether he like it or not, is part of the content in the game. Something the game badly needs in order to exist.

Every stick has two ends.

Instead of Omega being pay to win it’s actually the reverse. Eve has always been a subscription game. Subs were here first. Alpha was added later for people to try out the game. That doesn’t suddenly change the game to pay to win. Alpha gives some people the option to not pay to maybe not win.

Then you can Plex Omega by doing in game activities so you can play for free and still have all the advantages of Omega. Thus the alpha players both don’t want to pay and are super casual such that they aren’t spending time towards plexing their account. Likely the vast majority of this demographic don’t even care if they are competitive.

4 Likes

And ccp undoubtedly is happy that many new people try out the game. They would even be a lot happier if more people became normal customers of their entertainment service, instead of some of them trying to continue to play for free while moaning that it’s unfair that regular customers have advantages.

I don’t know if ccp sells more new subs to brand new users since the introduction of alpha status with its 20M hard training limit. I think that limit overshoots the target by far and leaves too much room for some people to think they have to take to the forums to complain about “free to play” not being “unlimited free play” and calling regular customers P2W. If people don’t know if they like the game enough to buy it within 14 days, they won’t within 6 months either. Thanks for coming, sorry you won’t buy from us, goodbye. Quite the reverse happens, some demo players feeling entitled enough to define ‘free to play’ the new normal, and money makers trying to whip up some way of introducing systems with catchy names to enable this new normal, while dodging the regular customers’ indignation.

Maybe us subscription paying customers will become a dying breed. But I sure as hell will never stick with a game that progresses from buying game time to buying every skill, as an example. That’s one “adapt” I will never do in Eve, and I don’t think I’m alone in this.

5 Likes

Why if you arent adding anything?

2 Likes

The only way to pay is to buy plex from CCP and then sell it in game for ISK and then buying expensive stuff. This in of itself is not bad for the game as it puts money in CCP’s pockets and expensive stuff out in space for us. This in no way guarantee’s a win though, as their is nothing these players can buy or get that anyone else can’t get through hard work playing the game.

As their are no ‘golden bullets’ available only to players with credit cards the concept of pay to win in this game is false.

I would suggest you don’t give up, although you probably will. Concentrate on your own game and play style and stop worrying about how others are playing their game.

1 Like

+1 for the NPE.

you can also sub which is $14.95 a month without adding plex or isk to the game.

So your going to post your opinion. KNOWING people are going to debate/respond to you. There’s a very good chance OP will never engage in a discussion or respond to his own accusations.

It’s a very sad trend on forums recently :frowning:

I would love to debate you that EVE is not pay to win.

Eve has been pay to win ever since I started playing, it is called more than one account.

PS On reflection perhaps it is better stated as pay to not lose so badly for at least some game play.

I think I messed up somewhere. I’ve spent quite a bit of money on this game.

Why haven’t I won yet?

5 Likes