Pay-to-win

Play a game for free and still find something to 3itch about… the ultimate entitlement mentality.
smh

1 Like

How can something be pay to win if everyone’s definition of “win” is different? More boxing accounts doesn’t make anyone a better player. A fleet of real players can easily defeat a boxer.

Exactly EVE is honestly the only game where you can earn enough ISK to be Omega with zero of your own money given to CCP.

1 Like

Where p2w? I just got a promotion, give me my Chameleon

1 Like

Alpha is just supposed to serve as a test drive, to see if the player would like the game enough to pay for the full version, exactly like what Blizzard did when they opened WOW for free, until level 20, to go any further a subscription will be required.

So are the players that sub paying to win?

EVE is not P2W

An Alpha toon with more understanding of game mechanics and easily outperform an Omega toon who lacks knowledge

Example:
Alpha player, who’s NEVER paid any RL money to CCP, but understands transversal and damage application mechnics for turrets would wipe the floor with a 5 year old Omega industry veteran, who’s JUST starting to do any sort of PVE or PVP activity, and spent the last 5 years mining or doing anything other than shooting a gun

Also – players who are new to the game, use their credit card to buy PLEX, sell the PLEX for ISK, and then buy injectors, for skills to a ship they have no idea how to:

1. Fit the ship
  2. Fly the ship

These players are everywhere, and I remember 4 days after skill extractors and injectors were introduced, an Ark Jump Freighter was ganked in Niarja, by a pilot less than 10 days old, because the guy was liturally 10 days playing the game, and had no idea what the hell a JF does, what it’s for, etc…
He just assumed because it’s T2, it’s “better” then his other ships, and just wanted to be a trader
If I remember correctly, he lost his temper and quit the game…

So yeah
EVE is not P2W

You can do A WHOLE LOT OF FANTASTIC STUFF, as an Alpha account

2 Likes

People keep using that fallacy. If that player would become omega and buy a whole bunch of skill injectors he’d do better allowing him to win “better” and/or more.

Not necessarily true though
If they’ve no idea wtf they’re doing…

No, the red herring is that the in game skills from the injectors is what would make the player ‘win’, and it is not. Player skill, not character skill, is the deciding factor in the majority of engagements.

1 Like

That is a straw man. You’re purposely linking alpha with good player and a paying with a bad player.

That’s not how it works, a good player who “moves up” from alpha to omega will do better, would he inject sp then he gets better still or gets more options (which allows him to adapt to more situations meaning… he’ll do better).

I agree, I’m not saying “p2w bad”. I’m just pointing out the “logic” people keep using where they compare a good alpha player with a bad omega player just to try and make a point.

Start comparing a good alpha player with a good omega & injected player, that is an honest comparison.

1 Like

Im stil befuddled that people think its possible to win EvE at all with any kind of account.

2 Likes

We’re all still very busy at losing EVE, so EVE is pay to lose.

6 Likes

No matter what happens, everyone spin it into a win.

1 Like

If it’s p2w then how do i plex 2bil isk a week and I still haven’t won the game yet XD Im still discovering ways to fit ships. I’ve paid to prgress a fair bit but I cannot p2w.

If anyone knows where i can p2w then let me know. I can spam half a bil bs’s but i wont automatically win.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.