Personal Notes to All 7 Epic Arcs

Caldari Epic Arc —— Penumbra

Time to Complete: ??? (I’ve messed a lot in this run)

Reward:
Hyasyoda Path: 5% standing towards Caldari State + Standup Hyasyoda Research Lab Blueprint (1 run, 8%, 8%) + about 4mil in tags per battleship killed and looted in the final mission
OR
Nugoehuvi Path: 5% standing towards Caldari State + 20x Nugoehuvi Synth Blue Pill Boosters
OR
(Available for both Path): 10% standing towards Caldari State + 25mil isk
At the time of writing the Nugoehuvi Synth Blue Pill Boosters are more valuable, have a much bigger volumne, and can be traded on market, and the last mission in this path is blitzable with a taxi ceptor, so this path is preferred if you’re not after max standing reward.

a bit less than 200mil isk mission rewards (minus the fee used to buy the Caldari Prisoners of War, which can be up to 20mil)

Forwarding:
This Epic Arc involves the least combat and the agents are all near Jita.
Travelling into low-sec and null-sec are involved, and a taxi ceptor is best for this job. Here’s an example fit.

Taxi Ares

[Ares, Taxi Ares]
Damage Control II
Type-D Restrained Inertial Stabilizers

Medium Shield Extender II
Medium Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

Small EM Shield Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Charge Economizer II

Put an MWD in the cargohold. The hull can also be changed to a Malediction with exactly the same fit.
It’s recommended to place 2 additional ships. The first is an exploration frigate in Wuos 5-1. It just needs an MWD and a data analyzer. The second is a ship in Astoh or around it (since this system has no npc station). It also needs an MWD and a data analyzer, but it should also be able to kill frigates fast and tank some dps. Here is my solution:

Vexor

[Vexor, *Simulated Vexor Fitting]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Kinetic Armor Hardener II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Thermal Armor Hardener II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Data Analyzer I
Stasis Webifier II
Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster

Heavy Electron Blaster II
Auto Targeting System I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Drone Durability Enhancer I

Hobgoblin II x25

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x3360
Cap Booster 800 x8

With these 2 ships ready, you can complete the most part of this epic arc just in the taxi ceptor. Even though the travel fit of T3 cruiser travels in about the same speed as a taxi ceptor, it’s still better to use the taxi ceptor to travel into low/null sec.
You may also want an MTU in your combat ship if you’re after the Standup Hyasyoda Research Lab Blueprint and want to collect tags in the final mission.

Mission Walkthrough:

Starting
Start with the travel fit of your combat ship because you’ll soon get into our first combat mission.

The Intermediary
Travel.

Trust and Decision
Put the questionable cargo into your cargo. Travel. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Their Loss, Our Profit
Refit for combat and MWD (and maybe a Tractor Beam, you’ll need to offline the Drone Link Augmentor if you’re flying the Legion fit) in the station. Warp in, burn to the Hyasyoda Research Center and destroy it. Loot the dropped S.I Formula Sheet and go back.

Choose An Honorable Betray.

An Honorable Betray
Refit for travel and travel.

Proof of Intent
Travel.

Return to Isha
Don’t forget to grab the S.I Formula Sheet! Travel.

Choose Two Steps into Hell

Two Steps into Hell
Get the taxi ceptor, and don’t forget to put the S.I Formula Sheet into the ceptor! Then just travel. If the route brings you to Mara, avoid it. The total jumps are the same.
When arriving in KFR-ZE, warp to the site, and when you’re close, make a bookmark there. After landing, warp to the bookmark and warp back to the container. Put the S.I Formula Sheet into the container. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Some Light Theatrics
Travel. Get your ship for hacking. Warp in and burn to the can. Hack it, retrieve the people. Then immediately align to the agent’s station with MWD on. Wait for the explosion and then warp back.

Untouchable
Travel.

A General’s Best Friend
Warp in, burn to the gate and activate it. Approach the Outpost. Remotely complete and accept the next mission. Also look for Caldari Prisoners of War in contracts.

Meet Sinas
Travel.

Right Tool for the Job
Get in the vexor or refit your ship for data hacking and frigate killing. Warp in. Burn to the can, orbit at 2500, hack it while killing the frigates around it. Hacking is so easy that a T1 analyzer on an unbonused hull is enough. Loot it after successful hacking and all frigates killed. Warp back.

The Breakout
Buy the Caldari Prisoners of War from contracts and hand it to the agent.

Whisper of a Conspiracy
Travel. The destination can be in low-sec. Use the same trick to approach the container as in the mission Two Steps into Hell if you don’t want to fit an MWD. Loot the container and go back.

Practical Solutions
Travel.

Forewarning
Travel into low-sec. Use the same trick to approach the container as in the mission Two Steps into Hell if you don’t want to fit an MWD. Wait and then travel back.

Choose Slipping Away.

Slipping Away
Travel. Grab your combat ship on the route.

Across the Line
Each battleship in reinforcement drops 4mil tags. To get the mission done you just need to kill the initial battleship (named caretaker) and loot the container, but you may also need to kill the jamming cruisers, scrambling frigates, and additional battleships for the tags. Go back to the agent after looting.

2 Likes