Personal Notes to All 7 Epic Arcs

There’re many reasons to do epic arcs: standing grinding, isk making, or content experiencing. I personally do them whenever they’re available (and I’m availabe), more out of pure obsession. And after a few runs, I started making notes about how to do them faster, but I lost my notes because of computer crash. So this time, I’m making notes here :grinning:

Forwarding:
In this little guide, a spread of ships (some advanced included) will be used and some will be left in the stations in path of the epic arcs, so these note are not really for new players (though they should still be able to take some advices).
And if you’re purely into isk, do something else TBH. These epic arcs don’t pay better than normal lv4 security missions (maybe except the guristas one) and travelling a lot in hi-sec may be dangerous now due to the triginvasion.

6 Likes

Sisters of Eve Epic Arc —— The Blood-Stained Stars

Time to Complete: about 2.5 hours (with a 17.4 AU/s warp speed)

Reward:
7% standing towards one of the 4 empires.
about 16mil in bounties and mission rewards

Forwarding:
The missions are all easy but it requires a lot of travel. Really a lot of. So the best ship is a combat interceptor. I choose a crusader because of the nice range of lasers.

Crusader

[Crusader, Epic Crusader]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Tracking Enhancer II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Tracking Computer II

Small Focused Pulse Laser II

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Tracking Speed Script x1
Scorch S x8
Conflagration S x8
Optimal Range Script x1
Relic Analyzer I x1
Type-D Restrained Expanded Cargo x2
Expanded CargoHold II x1

Relic Analyzer and Cargoholds are used in the missions. Cargoholds can be replaced by another frigate with at least 150 m3 cargo space and an MWD stationed in Hatakani 4-4.
It has no tank at all but you really don’t need any in this epic arc. The rats never damaged my armor in my run. Killing them fast is the best option.

Always set destination to the agent station when doing mission in the same system, for an earlier return than following the lagged mission command.

Mission Walkthrough:
A beacon Beckons
Warp in and approach. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Agent Inquiry
Travel.

Of Interest
Kill everything.

Retrieving Red
Kill everything.

Alert Alitura
Travel.

Jet-Canning a Janitor
Kill everything and loot the container.

Chivvying a Chef
Approach and loot the container.

Delivering a Doctor
Put the money into your cargo. Warp in, approach, and put the money into the container. Kill everything.

Enigeering a Rescue
Loot the container.

Going Gallente
Travel.

Studying the Scene
Loot the container.

Rendering Assistance
Put the antibiotics into your cargo. Warp in, approach, and put the antibiotics into the container. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Lair of the Snakes
Kill initial group, the destroyers, and the cruiser. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Data Retrieval
Loot the container.

Crossing Enemy Lines
Travel.

Passive Observation
Warp in and approach the Drone Hive.

House of Records
Travel.

Mercenary Distractions
Kill everything.

An Economy Under Threat
Refit cargoholds or get another frigate with enough cargo space and an MWD. Put the farming supplies into your cargo. Warp in, approach, and put the farming supplies into the container. Return and refit/reship.

Every Drone Inside
Kill everything.

A Sense of Dread
Travel.

Royal Jelly
Loot the container.

Nature Pictures
Travel.

Choose Tracking the Queen.

Part 1
Loot the container.

Part 2
Travel.

Part 3
Put the drone tracking data into your cargo. Warp in, approach, and put the drone tracking data into the container.

Burning Down the Hive
Gates are not unlocked so proceed to the last room. Kill all frigates there.

It’s Not Over Yet
Travel.

An Eye on Everything
Warp in. Align back and warp back on command.

The Uses of Force
Travel.

Goading the Leader
Destroy the Auxiliary Power Array.

Hunting the Lieutenants
Kill everything. Align back while shooting at the Habitation Module. Warp back on command and no need to destroy the structure.

Valuable Cargo
Travel.

Marked for Death
Kill everything.

Thwarting the Succession
Kill the initial group and then Mizara.

Certificate of Death
Travel.

A Matter of Decorum
Put the doll into your cargo. Warp in, approach, and put the doll into the container.

New Friends
Travel.

Recovery
Fit the relic analyzer (replacing the tracking computer). Kill everything. Hack the container and loot it.

Of Quiet Nights Long Past
Refit. Kill everything and loot the container.

Revelations
Travel.

A Call to Trial
Kill it. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Brothers and Sisters
Travel.

A Stranger’s Face
Put the altered identity records in your cargo and travel.

The Sister and the Spy
Put the agent into your cargo. Warp in, approach, and put the agent into the container.

Sealing the Deal
Kill the cruiser.

Chasing Shadows
Kill the battlecruiser.

Choose the faction you want standings toward and travel.

Our Man Dagan
Kill everything. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.
Dagan is pretty tanky so I use a catalyst stationned in the system to bring him down. I don’t know whether this saves time or not. Here’s the fit.

Catalyst

[Catalyst, Simulated Catalyst Fitting]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

Void S x5942

Dal Segno Al Fine
Put Dagan into the container.

3 Likes

Forwarding for the 4 Empire Epic Arcs:

Empire Epic Arcs mainly take place in high-sec and the combat missions here are generally not more difficult than usual lv4 security missions, so of course you can just take your lv4 mission battleship for these missions. However since there is a mission in Amarr epic arc requiring you to kill tackling elite frigates very fast to blitz, and another in Gallente epic arc involving 5 battleship with very high dps and good range, and good speed, a missile ship will be the best choice (they’re really good for security missions for other reasons anyway).
Obviously the epic arc of a faction takes place in the space of that faction, so you’ll need to travel a lot to do them all. You also need to do some travel within an epic arc (especially in the Minmatar one) because you need to meet at least 3 agents. Since battleships are slow to move around, you may actually consider using some smaller ships for them unless you have one ship stationed for each epic arc. T3 cruisers are obviously a good choice because they do a lot of damage, have a crazy tank, and travel extremely fast with the right subsystem and rigs. I personally prefer Legion among them because combining missiles and drones, it has the best dps at 70km. Here’re the fits to use:

Combat Legion

[Legion, Combat Legion]

Damage Control II
Multispectrum Coating II
Corelum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II

10MN Afterburner II
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer
Missile Guidance Computer II

Heavy Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor I
[Empty High slot]

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Legion Defensive - Nanobot Injector
Legion Offensive - Assault Optimization
Legion Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers
Legion Core - Augmented Antimatter Reactor

Missile Range Script x2
Missile Precision Script x2

Travel Legion

[Legion, Travel Legion]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Type-D Restrained Inertial Stabilizers
Multispectrum Coating II
Corelum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Damage Control II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Missile Guidance Computer II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Legion Core - Augmented Antimatter Reactor
Legion Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Legion Offensive - Assault Optimization
Legion Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier

Vespa EC-600 x20

Though for the epic arc of Minmatar Loki is probably a better choice and for the epic arc of Caldari you’re likely using an interceptor for most missions.
In the epic arc of Amarr and Gallente, there’re also options to do missions in low-sec. These options are actually prefered because they pay better and can actually be done faster because they’re easy (about the same difficulty as lv2 security missions). Jackdaw will be the best solution to these missions.

Jackdaw

[Jackdaw, Jackdaw Fit]

Enduring EM Shield Hardener
Cap Recharger II
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Small Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster

Light Missile Launcher II
[Empty High slot]

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

It aligns under 2s in propulsion mode and has 300 dps with Fury missiles in sharpshooter mode. You can also replace the two hardeners for the specific damage type you’ll be facing.

There’re also a few cases where you’ll need to travel dozens of jumps just for one or two easy missions that can be done in a rather cheap ship. If you want to do these epic arcs repeatly you may want to have these cheap ships prepared there.

All four epic arcs have more than 1 option for final reward. Usually there’s 1 option with 10% factional standing reward but less isk, and another with only 5% or 10% factional standing reward towards a pirate faction but more isk. But given the fact that this factional standing reward can be shared with fleet members, you may actually earn more if you find a buyer for the standing. Note that choosing different rewards also change the missions you need to do.

1 Like

Amarr epic arc

1 Like

Gallente Epic Arc —— Syndication

Time to Complete: not done yet

Reward:
10% standing towards Gallente Federation + Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor
OR
10% standing towards the Syndicate + Syndicate Cloaking Device
At the time of writing the Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor is actually more valuable on market and also has a bigger volumne, and it gives empire standing boost, so this choice is preferred.
plus

Forwarding:
This Epic Arc involves heavy combat. Bring ammos and drones to do all 4 types of damage. Put a frigate with an MWD, some tank, max number of salvagers in your frigate escape bay if you’re flying battleship, otherwise bring some salvagers in cargohold. Salvage drones don’t work. If you’re flying the forementioned Legion fit, you should also bring a Large Cap Battery II.

Example Salvaging Frigate

[Punisher, Punisher fit]

400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Centii C-Type Explosive Coating
Multispectrum Coating II
400mm Steel Plates II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I

[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]

You should have a Naga with the following fit in Stetille II - Impetus Publisher. This will save a lot of travel for your battleship and that mission may actually be dangerous to a T3 cruiser unless you fit bling and have far better tank.

Naga meta guns

[Naga, Naga fit]

Medium Micro Jump Drive
Dread Guristas Thermal Shield Hardener
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Medium Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster

425mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator II
Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Ionic Field Projector I

Caldari Navy Plutonium Charge L x6400
Optimal Range Script x2

Naga T2 guns

[Naga, Naga fit]

Medium Micro Jump Drive
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Domination Thermal Shield Amplifier
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Medium Shield Extender II

425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II

Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator II
Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Ionic Field Projector I

Caldari Navy Plutonium Charge L x6400

Your Jackdaw for low-sec missions should be parked in Mesybier X - TransStellar Shipping Storage, loaded with enough Caldari Navy Nova Rockets and Nova Rage Rockets. You’re also adviced to have a shuttle/taxi frigate/ceptor there if you don’t have a fast-warping T3 cruiser. If you want to min-max travel time you can also have another Jackdaw in Vitrauze 11-8, plus a taxi ceptor in Mesybier.

Mission Walkthrough:
Starting
Make sure that you have salvagers brought.

Impetus
Travel

The Tolle Scar
Use EM ammos and drones. Kill everything at warp in and then all Alvus Queens after taking the gate. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Priority One
Refit for travel and put salvagers into your unoccupied high slots or get your salvaging frigate. Warp in. Burn to the gate and activate it. Burn to the shuttle and then the shuttle wreck, orbit at 2500 and salvage it. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

The Averon Exchange
Get back your combat ship/fit. Use Thermal ammos and drones. Kill all Mercenary Wingmans, and then all new spawned cruisers, and finally all new spawned ships. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

A Different of Director
Fit for travel and travel if you’re in a T3 cruiser, otherwise travel to Mesybier X - TransStellar Shipping Storage instead, leave your combat ship there and go to the destination in a shuttle/taxi frigate/ceptor.

Assistance
Grab your Naga. Warp in, burn to the NPC, and immediately activate MJD when enemies spawn. Then continue moving away from the enemies while shooting them. Make sure that you kill the Mercenary Wingmans first because they’re fast and once these elite frigates get close you’ll have a hard time to hit them. Continue shooting other battleships until another battleship spawns. Aligning to station while killing it, and then dock up and complete the mission. Tank isn’t really needed after MJD because no enemies here can hit 70km away.
If you’re somehow in a combat ship without MJD or some crazy tank, you’d better board a corvette and trigger the spawns with that and come back later with your combat ship warping in at range.

Choose Scoping the Scene

Outside the Scope
Go to Mesybier and grab your Jackdaw. Make sure that you’re in propulsion mode and travel.

Hidden Camera
Put the Covert Recording Device in your cargo. Load Navy Nova. Warp in and burn to the accelerate gate. Switch to sharpshooter mode and kill everything while approaching the two gates. Only one gate can be activated at the moment. Activate it and BOOKMARK it. Kill everything, loot the container, switch to propulsion mode and go back to the gate. Now make sure that you activate the OTHER gate this time otherwise you’ll get stuck in the mission. Burn to the container and put the Covert Recording Device into it. Go back to the agent.

Rendevous
Load Nova Fury. Warp in, switch to defense mode and kill the 4 cruisers while approaching the gate. You may want to overheat your launchers and tanks in this room. In the first room load Navy Nova and switch to sharpshooter mode. Kill all elite frigates first and then other frigates. Load Nova Fury and kill the cruisers. Make sure that you maintain distance and traversal speed against the enemies. Afterwards, destroy the HQ. Switch to propulsion mode, loot the container and go back to the agent.

Handoff
Put the Kidnapping Evidence in your cargo. Travel. Burn to the container and put the Kidnapping Evidence into it. Wait for the mission completion and go back to the agent.

With Authority
Travel.

Choose Octomet Plantation

Octomet Plantation
Travel. Load Nova Fury. Create an on-field bookmark after activate the gate (this is normal space). Switch to propulsion mode. Kill the blue cruiser first and then the target structure. Make sure that you keep distance from the elite frigates and remain in range of your target. After the structure is down, switch to propulsion mode. Warp to the bookmark and then to the container dropped by the cruiser. Loot it. Go back to the agent.

Carry On
Switch back to your T3 cruiser and keep the travel fit. Put the Carry On Token looted in the last mission into it. Travel and warp in. Burn to the gate with a “Toll Booth” next to it and activate the gate. Burn to the target structure and wait for mission completion. Go back to the agent.

Studio I
Refit for combat. Use kinetic ammos and drones. Warp in, kill all cruisers first, then all battleships and last all frigates (because they don’t tackle). Battleships have very high dps but their range are limited so try to stay at least 30km from any of them. Note that they’re faster than the given Legion fit so overheating the AB is needed sometimes. Also remember that this is normal space so you can warp freely in site. In second room just destroy the target structure while keeping range from enemy ships. Legion should pull drones at half structure if orbiting at the edge of Fury missile range.

Showtime
Use explosive ammos and drones. This is the most difficult mission in all epic arcs because there’re 5 elite battleships with good damage, range and speed all combined. The Legion should offline the drone link augmentor and replace the 2 missile guidance computer with an MWD and a large cap battery. After warping in, you should approach the enemies with an angle with MWD on while killing all frigates and then all cruisers, and then orbit the battleships close with AB on. If you’re in a battleship instead, you can ignore the cruisers and even frigates while combining the usage of MJD, MWD and in site warp to maintain at least 150km from all battleships. After killing all 5 elite battleships, kill the newly spawned named battleship (Rosulf Fririk) and then loot the drop. Go back to the agent.

Choose Everybody Has a Price if you want the Syndicate Cloaking Device and Syndicate standings, or Safe Return if you want the Black Eagle Drone Link Augmentor and Gallente standings.

The 2 missions are almost identical. Put the kid in your cargo. Refit for travel and travel. Burn to the container and put the kid into it. Travel back to the agent and finish the epic arc.

1 Like

Caldari Epic Arc —— Penumbra

Time to Complete: ??? (I’ve messed a lot in this run)

Reward:
Hyasyoda Path: 5% standing towards Caldari State + Standup Hyasyoda Research Lab Blueprint (1 run, 8%, 8%) + about 4mil in tags per battleship killed and looted in the final mission
OR
Nugoehuvi Path: 5% standing towards Caldari State + 20x Nugoehuvi Synth Blue Pill Boosters
OR
(Available for both Path): 10% standing towards Caldari State + 25mil isk
At the time of writing the Nugoehuvi Synth Blue Pill Boosters are more valuable, have a much bigger volumne, and can be traded on market, and the last mission in this path is blitzable with a taxi ceptor, so this path is preferred if you’re not after max standing reward.

a bit less than 200mil isk mission rewards (minus the fee used to buy the Caldari Prisoners of War, which can be up to 20mil)

Forwarding:
This Epic Arc involves the least combat and the agents are all near Jita.
Travelling into low-sec and null-sec are involved, and a taxi ceptor is best for this job. Here’s an example fit.

Taxi Ares

[Ares, Taxi Ares]
Damage Control II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

Small EM Shield Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Charge Economizer II

Put an MWD in the cargohold. The hull can also be changed to a Malediction with exactly the same fit.
It’s recommended to place 2 additional ships. The first is an exploration frigate in Wuos 5-1. It just needs an MWD and a data analyzer. The second is a ship in Astoh or around it (since this system has no npc station). It also needs an MWD and a data analyzer, but it should also be able to kill frigates fast and tank some dps. Here is my solution:

Vexor

[Vexor, *Simulated Vexor Fitting]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Kinetic Armor Hardener II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Thermal Armor Hardener II

Data Analyzer I
Stasis Webifier II
Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster

Heavy Electron Blaster II
Auto Targeting System I

Medium Drone Durability Enhancer I

Hobgoblin II x25

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x3360
Cap Booster 800 x8

With these 2 ships ready, you can complete the most part of this epic arc just in the taxi ceptor. Even though the travel fit of T3 cruiser travels in about the same speed as a taxi ceptor, it’s still better to use the taxi ceptor to travel into low/null sec.
You may also want an MTU in your combat ship if you’re after the Standup Hyasyoda Research Lab Blueprint and want to collect tags in the final mission.

Mission Walkthrough:

Starting
Start with the travel fit of your combat ship because you’ll soon get into our first combat mission.

The Intermediary
Travel.

Trust and Decision
Put the questionable cargo into your cargo. Travel. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Their Loss, Our Profit
Refit for combat and MWD (and maybe a Tractor Beam, you’ll need to offline the Drone Link Augmentor if you’re flying the Legion fit) in the station. Warp in, burn to the Hyasyoda Research Center and destroy it. Loot the dropped S.I Formula Sheet and go back.

Choose An Honorable Betray.

An Honorable Betray
Refit for travel and travel.

Proof of Intent
Travel.

Return to Isha
Don’t forget to grab the S.I Formula Sheet! Travel.

Choose Two Steps into Hell

Two Steps into Hell
Get the taxi ceptor, and don’t forget to put the S.I Formula Sheet into the ceptor! Then just travel. If the route brings you to Mara, avoid it. The total jumps are the same.
When arriving in KFR-ZE, warp to the site, and when you’re close, make a bookmark there. After landing, warp to the bookmark and warp back to the container. Put the S.I Formula Sheet into the container. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Some Light Theatrics
Travel. Get your ship for hacking. Warp in and burn to the can. Hack it, retrieve the people. Then immediately align to the agent’s station with MWD on. Wait for the explosion and then warp back.

Untouchable
Travel.

A General’s Best Friend
Warp in, burn to the gate and activate it. Approach the Outpost. Remotely complete and accept the next mission. Also look for Caldari Prisoners of War in contracts.

Meet Sinas
Travel.

Right Tool for the Job
Get in the vexor or refit your ship for data hacking and frigate killing. Warp in. Burn to the can, orbit at 2500, hack it while killing the frigates around it. Hacking is so easy that a T1 analyzer on an unbonused hull is enough. Loot it after successful hacking and all frigates killed. Warp back.

The Breakout
Buy the Caldari Prisoners of War from contracts and hand it to the agent.

Whisper of a Conspiracy
Travel. The destination can be in low-sec. Use the same trick to approach the container as in the mission Two Steps into Hell if you don’t want to fit an MWD. Loot the container and go back.

Practical Solutions
Travel.

Forewarning
Travel into low-sec. Use the same trick to approach the container as in the mission Two Steps into Hell if you don’t want to fit an MWD. Wait and then travel back.

Choose Slipping Away.

Slipping Away
Travel. Grab your combat ship on the route.

Across the Line
Each battleship in reinforcement drops 4mil tags. To get the mission done you just need to kill the initial battleship (named caretaker) and loot the container, but you may also need to kill the jamming cruisers, scrambling frigates, and additional battleships for the tags. Go back to the agent after looting.

2 Likes

Minmatar Epic Arc —— Wildfire

Time to Complete: about 3 hours

Reward:
5% standing towards Minmatar Republic + 10x RSS Core Scanner Probe
OR
10% standing towards Minmatar Republic + 25mil isk

a bit less than 120mil isk mission rewards (minus the fee used to buy the Olfei Medallion)
about 22 mil bounties
at least 1.6mil in tags

Forwarding:
This Epic Arc involves moderate combat, some hacking and a lot of traveling. All missions are in hi-sec.
So the best ship for this epic arc is obviously a T3 cruiser, and among them Loki is the most suitable, because of good range and free damage selection from missiles, good speed, and most importantly a nature strong tank against lasers. Here’re the fits to use:

Combat Loki

[Loki, Combat Loki]

Damage Control II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Dread Guristas Large Shield Booster

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Heavy Missile
Small Tractor Beam I
[Empty High slot]

Medium Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Loki Core - Augmented Nuclear Reactor
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Defense Node
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter

Hornet II x2
Vespa II x3

Travel Loki

[Loki, Travel Loki]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
[Empty High slot]
Small Tractor Beam I

Loki Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration

Hornet EC-300 x2
Vespa EC-600 x3

Hacking Loki

[Loki, Hacking Loki]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Domination EM Armor Hardener
Domination EM Armor Hardener
Domination Thermal Armor Hardener
Domination Thermal Armor Hardener
Medium Armor Repairer II

Relic Analyzer I

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Thermal Armor Reinforcer II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

Multibuy for all things needed for the Loki: (use T2 analyzers if you have the skills for them). Bring ammos and drones to do thermal and explosive damages if you’re flying other ship.

Multibuy List

Loki
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Defense Node
Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers
Loki Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter
Heavy Missile Launcher II x5
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II x5
Small Tractor Beam I
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Dread Guristas Large Shield Booster
Damage Control II
Domination EM Armor Hardener x2
Domination Thermal Armor Hardener x2
Medium Armor Repairer II x2
Ballistic Control System II x3
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Inertial Stabilizers II x2
Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I
Medium Warhead Flare Catalyst II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II
Medium Thermal Armor Reinforcer II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II x3
Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile x1400
Inferno Fury Heavy Missile x1400
Inferno Precision Heavy Missile x400
Caldari Navy Nova Heavy Missile x1400
Nova Fury Heavy Missile x1400
Nova Precision Heavy Missile x400
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile x300
Hornet II x2
Vespa II x3
Hornet EC-300 x2
Vespa EC-600 x3

If you don’t have a fast-warping T3 cruiser, you may want 3 addition ships prepared. A fast-traveling ship with an MWD fitted or in cargo (ideally a taxi ceptor) in the system Jark (or Odatrik, because Jark has no npc station). A dps destroyer with an oversized afterburner, and an astero or covert ops fitted for data hacking, MWD and tank (it’s not an easy hack, and you have time limit, so T1 exploration frigate doesn’t work unless you can use T2 analyzer) in the system Aldrat. These will save a lot of travel for your combat ship.
Catalyst is probably the best destroyer for the work, and here’s the fit. For the hacking fit, I’ll let you work on your own, and your resistances should be against Angels.

Catalyst Fit

[Catalyst, Dead End Interceptor]

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Ancillary Current Router I

Void S x6582

Mission Walkthrough
Starting
Buy the Olfei Medallion from market for the first mission.

A Demonstration
Give the Olfei Medallion to the agent.

The Cost of Preservation
Refit for combat and use thermal missiles. Create an on-field bookmark when warping in. Theoratically you can just kill the initial cruiser, loot the drop and put it in the container to trade for the Hauteker Memoirs and return, while ignoring everything else. But I don’t have that tank and firepower, so manage the spawn (first on Ailon Boufin taking damage and second on Ailon Boufin taking armor damage) and proceed as normal. You can warp in the site so try to lure the rats away when killing some of them. Heavy remote repairs exist among the rats.

Written By the Victors
Refit for travel. Create an on-field bookmark when warping in. Warp to that bookmark and then warp to the container. Align to Frarn while looting it. Go back to the agent.

Glowing Embers
Travel. Burn to the container and put the Wildfire Khumaak into it. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

From Way Above
Refit for combat and load explosive missiles. Create an on-field bookmark when warping in. Spawns are timed. Mission is completed when the two Gist Domination battleships in the last spawn is destroyed. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Friends in High Places
Fit for travel and travel. If your combat ship travels slow leave it in system Jark or Odatrik instead.
Activate the gate and then burn to the telescope. I don’t think looting the container is necessary. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

My Little Eye
Travel.

Dead End Interceptor
Refit for combat and an MWD (for the loki fit replace the AB with MWD and DCU with RCU), because there is only a single battleship and you need to loot it. Load Nova Fury. Or get your destroyer. Don’t worry about tank, because that battleship cannot hit in close range at all. Burn to the structure when landing and the enemy will spawn there soon. Don’t forget to also loot the wreck for a 2mil tag.

Surfacing
The place is in Jark. It’s far so fit for travel and then refit for combat. Load thermal missiles. Create an on-field bookmark when warping in. Loot the container and then go fighting. To complete the mission you only need to kill all the battleships, so just kill them and any annoying frigates.
Refit for travel or leave your combat ship again if needed, and go back to the agent.

Who Art in the Heaven
Warp in, burn to the outpost to trigger its destruction, and then align back. Wait for the mission completion and go back to the agent.

Playing All Their Cards
Replace the AB with a data analyzer, or grab your hacking frigate. Warp in, hack the can quickly, loot it, and go back to the agent.

History in the Making
Travel. Grab your combat ship on the route if you’re not in it.

Church of the Obsidian
Refit for relic hacking. After landing, activate the MWD to the gate and cloak while far enough from the beacon.
Activate the gate then. In second pocket, total enemy dps is 790-850 EM and 655-815 Thermal. The above Loki fit with nothing bling can well tank this with everything at V and cap lasts for almost an hour with MWD off. If you cannot tank these damage, burn away and lure the enemies away from the container, and then burn to the container and hack it. Frigates here don’t tackle.
Keep the fit for the next mission.

Heresiology
Total dps here can be up to 1100, splitting between EM and Thermal. Obviously the Loki can tank it with ease. Or use the same trick to lure the enemies away and this time you can directly warp back to the cans. You need to hack totally 4 cans. Some frigates have tackles.

Wildfire
Refit for travel. Burn to the container. Align to a station/structure while putting the Obsydian Datacore into the container (and take care not to bump into a structure), and immediately warp out. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Stillwater
Refit for combat and load Nova Fury. Create an on-field bookmark when warping in. Take out the neut tower first, and then Karkoti. Loot the drop and go back to the agent.

Choose Retraction if you want the RSS Core Scanner Probes, Revelation if you want more standings.

Retraction
Refit for travel and travel. And travel back to claim the RSS Core Scanner Probes.

Revelation
Refit for travel and travel. Remotely complete mission.

1 Like

Forwarding for Pirate Epic Arcs:

Pirate Epic Arcs take place in npc null-sec so there’re risks involved. Hopefully they can be completed with frigates (and actually the mission pockets only accept frigates and destroyers, T3 included). I strongly recommend to be able to fly an interceptor to do them.
Fleet Interceptors with the right fit able to enter warp within 2 seconds cannot be caught by anyway (well, theoritically, a guy with perfect reflexion, a very short ping time, and a right ship can catch them, but these conditions are already hard to meet and those spaces are generally quiet anyway). With some shields, it can also easily survive 16 large smartbombs. Malediction, Ares and Stiletto need 1 Tech II inertial stabilizer and 2 meta 4s to achieve this, while Crow, sadly has to fit a Tech II low friction rig along with 2 Tech II inertial stabilizers. Put damage control (if you have additional low slots) and shield modules to increase total ehp.
With a changed modules, this fleet interceptor can also be used to do these missions. Archer has a good fit on his site http://www.unitedstandings.org/careers/usia-grinder-fittings#Budget_Blitz_NS_L1L2_Pirate_Arcs_w_Travel_Fit. It’s really good, but I’d make some small modification to it. I also recommend to bring a set of rocket launchers, an MWD and a better shield for some of the missions. You can leave your modules for combat fit in the stations so that you don’t have to bring them next time.

Kiting Crow

[Crow, Kiting]

IFFA Compact Damage Control

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
Small Shield Extender II

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Small Bay Loading Accelerator II

Rocket Crow

[Crow, Rocket]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Small Shield Extender II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Travel Crow

[Crow, Travel]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

EM Shield Hardener II
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Small Shield Extender II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

I’ll tell you what ammos you need to bring in the specific Epic Arcs. You should be able to bring a total of
1400 in your travel fit (including the ones loaded in your disabled launchers).
The rocket fit should orbit below 5km and overheating the web is recommended when fighting elite frigates. If you cannot manage the range place it with a Parallel Enduring Target Painter.
I don’t know whether any of these fleet interceptors is able to complete all the missions WITH those inertial stabilizers.

Another option is try to sneak a combat specific ship to the stations. I personally have a Tristan for both epic arcs. Actually any T1 kity frigate (the variation of Stealth Bombers) will do better than the fleet interceptors. You may even try a pvp-fit Assault Frigate, Interdictor or T3 destroyer (maybe also harassing fellow mission runners) (also note that Hecate is naturally 2-sec-warp on propulsion mode).

My Tristan fit

[Tristan, Epic Tristan]
Damage Control II
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster

Small Processor Overclocking Unit II
Small Kinetic Shield Reinforcer I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Hornet II x8

Navy Cap Booster 50 x99

I’m not talking about how to reduce risks in null-sec. Consult other information. But before entering null, it’s probably also useful to make an on-field but far away bookmark around the agent in low-sec systems.

Last note is that Pirate Epic Arcs are best to do with an alt also in a fleet interceptor. Change a shield extender for an MWD and fit some long-ranged weapons if possible. It’s always good to have a scout in null-sec, and some missions are better done with MWD which your combat ship may not have. The alt can also haul additional equips. Plus the mission systems are probably very far from your home so with an alt you can complete the Epic Arc twice with just one movement.

1 Like

Guristas Epic Arc —— Smash and Grab

Requirement :
3.0 effective standing with Guristas, or Federal Intelligence Office, or Ytiri, or any corresponding faction.
If you’re starting from Jita, go through Taisy (the Guristas agent) is the shortest way. Obe (the Caldari agent) the second and Orvolle (the Gallentean agent) the longest.

Time to Complete : with a pve fit frigate and no disturbance, a bit more than 1.5 hours, from first docking in the Guristas station to completing the final mission

Reward :
3.0 standing towards Guristas Pirates
1x Dread Guristas ECM Multispectral Jammer
1x Gila Blueprint (1 run, 6%, 6%)
a bit less than 70mil mission rewards
1x Caldari Navy Fleet Rear-Admiral Insignia, 18x Caldari Navy Vice Admiral Insignia I and possible Caldari Navy ammos (maybe even modules?)

Forwarding :
Be warned that you’ll suffer at least -0.48 standing loss towards Caldari.

Mission Walkthrough
Starting
Bring 200 Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missiles, 200 Scourge Fury Light Missiles, 200 Caldari Navy Scourge Rockets and 800 Scourge Rage Rockets.

Enemy of my Enemy/Recruitment Drive/Turning Coat
Travel.

Intelligentce Mining
Refit for kiting. Load Navy Scourge. Warp to an asteroid after warp in. Kill all initial frigates. Kill the 2 non-elite frigates in the second spawn, then aggress the elite frigate. Switch to the newly spawned non-elite frigates. Load Scourge Fury and then give some volleys to the cruiser. Kill the industrial spawn. Go back to the agent.

Choose Sabotage 101

Sabotage 101
If you are not good at manual piloting, refit for travel (or use your scout alt). Warp in and enter the mine field. Approach to the gate while activating MWD only for 1 cycle if you have it and then slowboating. After clearing the way refit for kiting.
Otherwise try to stay 7km away from any mines in the mine field.
Enter the final pocket. Load Navy Scourge. Kill Taibu State Shuriken first because it jams, then Taibu State Suriage. Burn to the container while killing 2 destroyers (not all 3). Loot the container and go back to the agent.

Upward Momentum
Refit for travel and travel.

Miscommunication
Replace the hardeners of your travel fit with AB and the data analyzer given (while still carrying your kiting fit). Warp in, orbit the can at 3500m and hack it quickly. Looting is optional. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Fuel Gauge
Find a place to refit for kiting. Load Navy Scourge. Warp in. Kill the stasis tower first if you have problem tanking, but this will inflict a -0.24 standing loss to Caldari. Then kill everything else while approaching to the gate. Load Scourge Fury. In the first pocket, destroy all 3 fuel depots and bookmark a wreck.

Knock out Punch
Get into the shuttle given, insure it. Warp in, approach and activate gate. Loot the container, activate gate. Approach the carrier, wait for your ship to explode. Bookmark the wreck.

Choose Threat Assessment

Threat Assessment
Refit for Travel. Go to loot the battleship and carrier wrecks bookmarked before first. Then travel.

Dread Pirates
Refit for rockets and load Scourge Rage. Put the Dread Guristas Strike Force in your cargo. Warp in, destroy the Ytiri Security Bunker. Burn to the spawned container and put the Dread Guristas Strike Force into it. (Note that if you’re doing mission with others, only put 1 in!) Burn away and wait for the pirate finishing his job. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Rabbit Hole
Load Scourge Rage. Warp in and activate gate. In the first pocket approach the gate first. It will dissapear and then start destroying the Sentry Guns around. The gate will reappear after enough destroyed. Activate it. Destroy the stasis tower, then one Point Defense Battery, and finally the Storage Bunker. No additional standing loss for the stasis tower since you have to destroy the Sentry Guns anyway. Loot the drop and go back to agent.

Passing the Buck
Put Kipo “Foxfire” Tekira in your cargo. Warp in and activate gate. Drop the poor guy in the container in the first pocket then immediately go to the second. Direct combat in the second pocket. The triggers are Taibu State Yari (the elite frigate not jamming you), and then the cruiser. After kill the battlecruiser in the third spawn, a container will spawn. Loot it and go back to agent.

1 Like

Angel Epic Arc —— Angel Sound

Requirement:
3.0 effective standing with Domination, or Republic Security Service, or Amarr Navy, or any corresponding faction.
If you’re starting from Jita, go through Sendaya (the Amarrian agent) is the shortest way. Konora (the Angel agent) the second and Egbinger (the Minmatar agent) the longest.

Time to Complete: with a pve fit frigate and no disturbance, about 1 hour, from first docking in the Angel station to completing the final mission

Reward:
3.0 standing towards Angel Cartel
1x Domination Target Painter
1x Cynable Blueprint (1 run, 6%, 6%)
about 55mil mission rewards
about 3mil bounties
1x Concord Star Emblem which npcs are buying at 10mil

Forwarding:
Be warned that you’ll suffer at least -0.24 standing loss towards Minmatar.

Mission Walkthrough
Starting
Bring 400 Scourge Precision Light Missiles, 600 Nova Rage Rockets, 100 Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missiles, 100 Inferno Fury Light Missiles, and 200 whatever Caldari Navy rockets.

The Balance of Power/Mistaken Identity/Headhunted
Travel. Keep your travel fit for the next mission.

New Opportunities
Warp in and wait a few seconds. Go back to the agent.

Choose Serpentis Fill-in

Serpentis Fill-in
Put the Sealed Research Cache in your cargo. Replace a shield extender with an MWD, or directly refit for kiting, depending whether docking or jumping is more dangerous. Warp in, burn to the container and put the Sealed Research Cache into it. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Ride to Rescure
Refit for kiting if you haven’t done it. Load Scourge Precision. Warp in and kill Yukiro Demense. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

The Best Kind of Revenge
Load Inferno Fury. Warp in and kill the 2 cruisers. Reload Navy Inferno and kill the frigates spawn. Burn to the central database hub (near the missile batteries) while killing the new frigates spawn. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Wrath of Angels
Load Scourge Precision. Warp in and kill Yukiro Demense. Go back to the agent. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Dominus
Travel.

Choose Situation Normal

Situation Normal
Refit for rockets and load Nova Rage. Warp in and kill the cruiser. Loot the drop and put it into the container. Remotely complete and accept the next mission.

Breaking the Lock
Load Nova Rage. Warp in. In the first 2 pockets, kill all destroyers. In the third, destroy the Boundless Creations Data Center. Go back to the agent.

Fear of Angels
Load Navy rockets. Warp in, kill the frigate and don’t forget to loot. Go back to the agent, reclaim the rewards, and sell the Concord Star Emblem.

1 Like

reserved

https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReportsEpicArc

Ship fits is a nice idea.

In the bottom right hand side of your posted reply, next to the blue ‘Reply’ button, should be 3 little dots, a pencil and chain icon. Click the pencil to edit your posted reply.

that pencil disappears like 24 hours after the post.

Strange, it shows in my posts all the time.

Before entering Black Rice through Litiura, be sure to check your trig standings:)

You should be flying a taxi ceptor anyway, unless you’re trying to move something else there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.