Personal structures

This feels like it belongs in another thread topic instead of wormhole space…

Assuming we plan to make small and tiny versions of the existing structures (I won’t bother to give names to any of them) we’d need to reduce their ability to do things proportionally.

A smaller version of a citadel would only allow one service module while a tiny would have zero. A tiny could still technically host a corp office so I have no objections on either of these.

I would not agree to smaller versions of a refinery and I see zero reason to even think of a tiny version as it would have no ability to do what the player would deploy it for. No refinement and no reactions makes refinery a dull boy. A small version of moon mining capable would just hurt everybody who already deployed a medium which would feel like a massive nerf.

A small engineering complex would have one slot which would allow it to do the research it has bonus for but a tiny one would be too dangerous to deploy for anything with no modules to do what they’re intended for anyway.

In addition these objects should not be allowed to dock freighter/bowhead/orca if they’re small and nothing above cruiser if they’re tiny. Tiny places don’t get battle type docking. Sorry. Cost/benefit. Industrials are still allowed including their T2 versions at both of these locations but only a Porp can dock up. Otherwise keep their anchoring and unanchoring cycle the same. Leave the vulnerability at 3 hours as it just can’t get smaller than that.

Reduce the HP by an equal percentage comparing the large and x-large version.
Keepstar for example has 72m shield while Astrahus has only 4.8. 1/15th. Thus a tiny version would have 320k shields.
Fortizar vs Astrahus is 14.4 to 4.8 so 1/3rd would result in a small being 1.6m.

If we go Azbel vs Raitaru we’d be looking at 9.6/3.2 so still would be 1/3rd of 1.06 repeating. Evil…

That’s just shields. Armor and structure hp would be reduced equally as well. Tiny structures would need to be considered never low power mode though otherwise they’d be effortless to push over. I would also never see these in null space either as without concord protections they’d be dumpster destroyed so fast they’d be funny. A single Marauder could probably push both of these down alone.

Team Five-0 would need to speak up and consider the other effects such as costs to build and what benefits it would have. I’d consider half a bil for the tiny and 3/4ths for the small.