:boom: And don’t give me the BS answer of, “You have a choice”. :boom:

:boom: When did this become ok? :boom:

Eve%20Online%20Data%20Red

:boom: And don’t give me the BS answer of, “You have a choice”. :boom:

So don’t use Sisi. Problem solved.

1 Like

You have a choice

2 Likes

It’s been that way for about the last couple of years.

It’s much more benign than you think.

Explanation is here:

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=429259&find=unread

1 Like

Ah the joys of panicking and freaking out long before fully understanding. Better to break out the pitchforks and torches, form the mobs, ready the bonfires, overreact completely, than to actually spend time researching the issue.

Better to freak than understand that CCP as a company has corporate lawyers who make them use legalese so as to cover their posterior region in this over litigious society.

That’s all this is. CCP collects game data and log files. This includes pathname to files. If you install eve in a directory that is say username/address/eve well, they collect it. Really, not a worry Unless you do something really odd with install directories and the like.

3 Likes

3, 2, 1 … Kenshin

Oh wait…not about that.

1 Like

Let me guess.
You

• have a Facebook, WhatsApp, and / or Instagram account,
  • use Google,
  • have a Google account,
  • have a Android phone,
  • don’t block ads or trackers,
  • Have a Amazon account / shop on Amazon,
  • run Microsoft Windows (other than a Win 7 with telemetry “security updates” removed).

But you’re complaining about CCP collecting technical data they use to make the game better. If any single one of the above points apply to you, you’re a hypocrite that doesn’t give a ■■■■ about his privacy.

12 Likes

Trolls defending CCP is cute. There’s no need for them to answer anything as long as they have you guys.

+1

A like for you because that is how people are these days.

1 Like

But they did answer. In the topic linked a CCP dev explained what they collected. If you don’t like that, then your only other option is to not use the test server. It’s not a hard concept. Sorry we did not all join your mob, hop on tour bandwagon, and get all fired up. The topic came up before, it was explained, and we are content. Such is life.

4 Likes

The explanation from CCP is literally linked in this thread.

There’s no need for any of us to defend CCP as there really isn’t much to this. It’s very straight forward and significantly lower risk to us than other activities we take part in online.

3 Likes

You give them your personal information when you make an account, how much more are you afraid of giving them?

I gave CCP my information. Not a third party.

Do you honestly think that because it has already came up that it should never be addressed again?

You do realize that there are new people joining the Eve Online Community?

Yes, some companies do spy on us and there is very little we can do when we try to stay in contact with friends. This does not mean you or OP or anyone now should provide all sorts of information to anyone.

So OP is quite well in his right to ask and point this out and you’re no less ignorant when you believe he is wrong.

2 Likes

But but but… my pitchforks and mob chants and hustle were at the ready… left disappointed.:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Singularity is designed for testing. Not your personal playground. While it can be that, anything you do on Sisi will be gathered to ensure the growth and health of the game. Below is a quote direct from CCP Snorlax on what information is gathered and why

Generally we don’t log out any sensitive information, certainly no passwords or anything like that, but when logging warnings or errors we sometimes log out the full pathname of files being accessed – if those are stored in your Users folder the user name may be seen in that path. There may be other cases where something that might be considered personally identifiable data will go into those logs.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=429259&find=unread

5 Likes