Petition for return of Agent finder, or add functionality

Man, do you live in some parallel universe or what? What are all those meaningless remarks that you keep making all the time supposed to prove or be useful for? What’s this teacher and homework that you’re talking about? What does it have to do with the issue at hand?

Just in case you don’t know, making pointless analogies or remarks doesn’t make you look smarter or prove anything you may be trying to (poorly) say…

Who “we” and what “it”? Who is not really hindered by what?

Man, you’re not making any sense at all. What learning are they not giving newbs the benefit of by doing what?

Yes, that’s the only thing you’ve said so far that makes sense. Glad you finally got it.

Ahhh, now I see… So it is that you didn’t like the Agent Finder… Too bad you seem unable to articulate whatever it is that you didn’t like about it, just that in your opinion it was a “horrible piece of work”…

So, just because you didn’t like it (for no reason that I can see), it’s a good thing that they removed it before a “better” alternative was ready to replace it, right? Well done, you’re starting to make so much more sense now. Congrats, keep trying, I really like your style…

You’re not making any sense again. What are you talking about now and what does it have to do with the topic of this thread?

And I’ll ask you this again. You don’t use locator agents at all, do you? Do you even know what they’re for?

1 Like

Are you one of those people that just like playing devils advocate?

2 Likes

Oh I knew exactly how it works. But you don’t. I’m ancient. Older than my character time shows. I did my homework. I learned which agents connect to which storyline agents to get standings. I did it for 3 factions. But you’re not looking at the big picture. You’re so focused on your “I want my” that you haven’t seen how much you need still. Information that is so old it’s being forgotten again. Has happened before. Will happen again. Which is exactly why the agent finder was created once…

Please read thread title.

“Petition for return of Agent finder, or add functionality”

This isn’t about locator agents at all. I already have access to 8 in game.

Well I do see someone spewing from the hip rather than being precise about what they really wanted. Sometimes it’s necessary but nobody else is picking up the mantle. We have a distinct hole in “The Agency” where their ability to find out how agents link is practically zero.

Ah, yes, I see… So you’re happily and proudly confirming that you’re unable to articulate what was wrong about the Agent Finder, nor any of your other “thoughts” for that matter… You can only make blanket statements and pointless analogies… But you’re right and I’m wrong… Because you’re ancient and you say so… Again, well done, great posts, congrats…

So you don’t even understand why the Agent Finder was so useful to find locator agents and why that’s one of the many reasons the Agent Finder shouldn’t have been removed? Oh man, I wish you had at least the ability to realise the image you’re giving of yourself, but obviously you don’t, so I’ll leave it at that…

ROFLMAO. You think it’s others who are not being precise? Have you read the posts at the beginning of the thread, the OP and mine in particular, explaining what exactly is wanted and why, and then your own posts? Are you even able to do that?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

When someone doesn’t take the time to learn from their own experience what purpose does a teacher have to give them knowledge they won’t use?

listen

Your last reply says it all, really. The “this isn’t about locator agents because I already have access to 8”, in particular, is gold, but you made a good summary, congrats, I don’t have anything to add.

Two replies ago. 8 level 4 locator agents aren’t exactly chump work. But you didn’t listen and you’re still not.

It would be why you’re misquoting and changing the topic.

You do know all you have to do is look at the corp info under the agents tab, right? Shows you right where each level of agent is and how many jumps away. I have no problem finding agents and I’ve ran missions for 137 different NPC corps…

LOL. You do realise that’s the first thing @MinerArt said and I already replied to saying that’s a very particular use case you’re considering, completely ignoring many other use cases for which the Agent Finder was very useful and the corp info doesn’t work?

1 Like

Yes… very particular use case… finding agents… like the topic of the thread… wish you would actually be on topic.

ROFL. Did you really need to omit the relevant part of the post you quoted? How pathetic… I’m sorry for you because you don’t even realise you’re making such a fool of yourself, but you’re making me have good laughs here, so by all means keep going… :rofl:

1 Like

You mean like you did? Because Listening is a skill I have I actually used?

Comedy… when talking about the eve online universe… making a fool of yourself…

You’re much better at it.

Listen with the intent to understand please. I will not respond to you until you do.

When have I omitted the relevant part of a post I was replying to? Now you’re outright lying…

Yeah, indeed, and you keep proving it in each of your posts, LOL.

You realise just because you tell others to do what you’re not doing, it doesn’t mean you’re actually doing it and the others aren’t, right? Ah no, wait, that’s asking too much…

I really hope you keep responding no matter what because your responses are so much fun…

Second that.
I don’t remember how Agent finder looked, but when i came back to EVE this time it took me some time just to figure out the agents actually were in the Agency. And it lacks filters, yes.

2 Likes

I for one, found the old agent finder precise, functional, inclusive, extensive and compact. The transfer to the agency was in no way an upgrade. A bling, slow, resource hog with very limited functionality does little to serve those of us who used the old agent finder.
If CCP wants the Agency to be the one stop shop for new players I am OK with that.
What I am opposed to is removing something that many players found useful and giving them a major downgrade as a replacement. Especially after many major flaws and objections were pointed out during testing.
The coding to keep both could not be that onerous.
This same issue is now going on with the new Planetary Interaction interface in regards to the large, screen real estate hog the new display consumes. The new PI window adds more info, a plus, buts covers areas you work with making you minimize the window. Many players are asking for the OPTION to use the old compact window.
That’s what I would like. The OPTION to use the old Agent Finder.

These “Eye Candy” additions that do little to improve the game but require better video performance seem only to be motivated by the new “Recommended” system.

5 Likes

True. The agency was a horrible drop. I wish it had come with the entire tree set of which agents result in which storyline agents giving you a mission every 15 so you can actually use it to plan what you do. I also wish it would track when you were about to clear that storyline mission requirement so you could… ya know… plan.

It’s been missing that function forever though.

Thus the functionality that it was missing should be the base for the agency to be upgraded. Give us that tree like the ships have for agents. Like they’re planning for the activity tracker they’ve got in the works…

Storyline agent A connects to mission level 1 agents (Z thru ZZ) and you have X missions left before they will offer you a level 1 storyline mission. The same storyline agent also has links to mission level 2, 3, 4 (and maybe 5) agents and keeps track of which ones you have done missions for.

Information that has been forced to be tracked by us forever. I sincerely hope that it is the upgrade we needed for so long in relation to the agent finder.

No, if anything is coming back it damn well better be:

The Jukebox. ‘Miner Stories’ on repeat… omfg ASMR…

and/or

The IGB. fukung.net was waaaaaayyyyyyyy better than ship spinning.

… agent finder… pft.

CCP needs to stop streamlining and overly applying eye-candy graphics to every single in-game app.

+1 for more precise and detailed info pertaining to finding Agents.

3 Likes

I appreciate that not many Eve players have basic IT skills, but Jesus… Download the SDE and manipulate it to your heart’s content.