Petition to restrict GILA's from entering Abyss or nerf them

A better solution is to get rid of the atrocity Abyssal space is entirely. Instanced space should not be part of EvE.

3 Likes

you should not be part of eve

Yea, mine too around the same time when I hop into my T4/T5 blinged ship and do some of the T1s for lowbie filaments or start a warm up before a serious run.

On a side note, it kinda irks me that the OP here is one of the people that has never even once tried to do abyss and has no clue about it, otherwise it wouldn’t be trying to post such nonsense.

Almost everyone doing abyss sites = Gila
Almost every event ever in Eve = Gila

That’s balance.

You know its broken when they make new drones they have to specifically make it so it doesn’t work with the Gila.

My thoughts on it is that its not the Gila thats so OP but that so many other ships are so screwed and need to be brought up.

CCP keeps missing the mark on it. For example, take a look at different filament prices on Jita market and their buy / sale volumes. That right there is so explanatory it tells you everything that is wrong with the abyss and needs improvement. yet, CCP does nothing. Absolutely zip, zero.

They also missed the mark on the Triglavian ships unless they have T2 versions or faction ships in the works or something alike. Only the Leshak performs well. Demavik and Vedmak suck major ass. CCP is making a small change to Demavik next month which will do nothing because now it will end up with less tank, less armor slots on a fkn armor ship. LOL, just fkn L O L. And no changes to vedmak whatsoever where they’re badly needed.

But, goin back to original topic, I do not understand why so many of the turret ships which just need very small number tweaks, and I do mean very small, are intentionally kept underwhelmign in the name of “being balanced for large fleets…” I mean, at this point in the game ? We already have so many large fleet ships and doctrines available, need more general gameplay ships, f uck large fleets. rebelance some ■■■■ to be more general user friendly instead of keeping its optimal as niche. Make the turret boats better.

I am one of the people that is dissapointed about how sub optimal the turret ships can be in general PvE, and there is a lot of us. But I will not call for a nerf to what is the only good available option so that it can suck like all the otehr ones. That is wrong way to go about it.

3 Likes

Great niche you have to be kidding… Drone boats are the perennial pve workhorses because the rats don’t kill drones.

Got a video? Oh what were you saying about videos again…

Are you seriously arguing with me about the Vagabond in a Gila thread?

The Gila is fine the way it is. It’s primary weapon platform is the workhorse of PVE.

I think the actual problem that is being pointed out, directly or indirectly, is:

Farmers.

The whole game is a game of farmers now, who don’t care about playing for playing’s sake and instead play to feed their peasant’s desires of accumulating wealth and stuff. Many people complain about the lack of “incentives”, which just means they don’t give a ■■■■ about any game play at all.

Thank you, CCP.

If you don’t like Gilas don’t fly them. I’m very happy running Abyss sites in a Sacrilege and I think I only used a Gila for one event. For most purposes there are better ships, but the Gila is at least good at most PVE. Not the best, but good enough and versatile.

1 Like

Gila was nerfed by removing one low slot already. Its ok. Just like Stratios.

If CCP would change things, I hope they will just make other pirate faction cruisers a bit more usable. But Stratios and Gila doesnt need any changes I think.

Maybe also new ammo would help guns with being more universal. Only kin damage ammo for turrets for example. :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s doable in a trivial Faction T1 Cruiser.

Wrong!

There were events for only:

• Vigilant and Loki;

• Speedy Frigates and Shuttles (Race);

• BS (like Machariel and Praxis);

• Carriers in 0.0.

There are many other much more powerful fits of vessels, but they requires much more SP, ISK investments and piloting skills. Look at a Polarized Phantasm, which has better performance than any bling Gila, but requires very good piloting skills (you have to know how to pilot to not be 1-shoted) and is a risky ship to fly around. In hi-sec systems you’ll get ganked in a Polarized Phantasm, while in a thick passive Gila not everybody will do that.

Gila is an excellent General Purpose ship, but is almost always outperformed by dedicated vessels in each given situation. It has already been nerfedonce and absolutely doesn’t need nerfing any more.

How many events this year or the last several have used a shuttle = 1

How many events this year have the far majority of people used a Gila. All but 1

Sure you can use a carrier in Null, but when those people aren’t in Null, they use a Gila.

By the way, trying to use polarized weapons as a example is just a LOL, because everyone knows it sends your resistances to nothing which is the reason you picked a Gila to begin with.

If you are going to troll try to put some effort into it. Now go back to playing world of Gilas.

well dah … i did say a warm up …

What is this? Sugar Smacks just smack talks?

It’s a question to game designers.

I have no idea… many…

The funny moment about it is that they are in both places at once - hi-sec Gila on Screen 1 and 0.0 Carrier on Screen 2. :rofl:

Just learn more about Polarized weaponry usage. It’s not a brawling concept. Some ships allows to use Polarized weapons without any serious losing in tanking and their performance is based on how are you flying those ships. Just ask dedicated players about Polarized Phantasm, Polarized Garmur, Polarized Bombers. I have seen this weaponry usage in solo PVP also. Somebody just figured out how to make this working.

Incidentally, in the current event Gila is not the most used ship. I still see it here and there, but I see a lot of T3Cs (myself included cause of the virus strength bonus), quite a bit of Gnosis, Vexors of both flavors, a bunch of other ships too, Harb, Phant quite often. I see some Gilas, but most often its T3C all except Proteus, I saw only 1 Proteus which is sad, but that’s a topic for another thread.

So I don’t know where the OP is coming from. Maybe its just the particular local space he / she / it decided to anchor themselves to ?

HACs kinda suck cause they’re balanced for large scale null fleets. You can use Ishtar but its too sub optimal only good for some filament types and still gets outperformed, likewise with the Sac.

The screwed up thing is they only need to make some really minor number tweaks to HACs to make them much better for general use, PvE included, and don’t have to affect their large fleet balance at all. Also, they can do a lot of stuff with the Abyss pockets themselves, but they don’t.

Doing Abyss in anything other then a Gila or Sac is kinda like driving a car without power stearing and power brakes. Yes its doable but I wouldn’t call it enjoyable unless you’re sadomasochistic just simply due to OH you have to deal with alone on top of other stuff. And jsut downright forget it if you wanna farm for some indy stuff for the building mats. Its just a matter of time before the stress of it catches up with you.

what numbers are you suggesting i am interested in your ideas

I’d start by looking at abyss weather effects, particularly dark and fire, and maybe the otehr ones too. Electrical is already great for Phantasms and Zealots because of the EM dmg bonus, now maybe add a optimal or falloff bonus to Gamma or Exotic.

Tone down both the turret penalty and velocity bonus in Dark. That velocity bonus is the coup de grace for turrets because your targets require heaps of extra tracking on top of the range penalty.

In fire scale down the armor HP bonus a bit, rest of it is OK as there are plenty of ships available with high thermal resistance that are capable of dealing thermal damage.

Next the spawns, cap the number of neuting ships that can spawn simoultaneously a lot lower. This will enable more active fits.

Flying a turret ship I have do basically do more then twice the work vs flying a drone boat and almost twice the work vs a missle boat. Mainly due to the amount of OH management necessary and limited turret range. Sure you can fit long range turrets but then DPS falls down too much and it becomes too much of a PITA to make it against the timer.

They could even make a ship specific bonus, for example, let precursor turrets do a bit of extra damage while in Abyss and bingo, now you can do it in a Vedmak, or give some extra range to blaster ships which IMHO are the worst of the worst due to their shortest range. The effort required to do in the blaster ships what you are doing in other ships is multiplied to stupid proportions.

Support structures can be done better too, better spawn positioning, better bonusses, how about armor rep support structure that can actually spawn somewhere in a better position instead of way to the side where you can’t afford to take the time to go to it.

Tons of different things can be done, they just aren’t. If people seriously thought about it I’m sure they can come up with a whole bunch of stuff far better then I did.