Phantomite - Lowsec is still here and so am I - CSM16

I genuinely hope your right, but I’m not convinced at the moment. There is a huge band of casual people who this is going to effected massively. These are the people that sub their Accts and love to play Eve, but have RL to contend with. They are not going to go back to flying T1 ships and if CCPs plan is for them to plex to make up this shortfall, then I think they are wrong and they will go and do something else rather than spend more. This means less people in space and people who are more risk averse.

Eve’s PVE other than Abyssal isnt particularly engaging. Making us do more of it is pretty painful. The thrill of this game for me is being on an oppressive defense grid, in a ship that actually has a chance of surviving and getting a few kills etc. I have also seen you guys consistently punch above your weight in CAPS etc, which is going to be expensive from this point forward.

I genuinely don’t understand why CCP continues to make changes to oppress a play style that takes skill in favor of anchoring and pushing F1. High skill for 1 person, low skill for all the others and arguably you are just ganking each other in some WW1 attritional fashion. I suppose though this is just a continuation of them cancelling events such as the Alliance Tournament etc. More and more mechanics are pushing us to join bigger and bigger groups, which in my view is a bad thing. it’s very easy to become lost and be one of those guys that just logs in for a ping.

I don’t know what the answer is and wish you luck in trying to help CCP find it. I don’t subscribe to the view that eve is for the bittervets, but a serious increase in ship hull costs is just going to extend the gulf between the ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’. Ps you already had my vote, but thankyou for the response above.

1 Like

I do not want ships to be unaffordable.
An issue being addressed was the fact that Caps/Supercaps used the exact same materials as regular T1 subcaps, meaning CCP could exercise no control over supply/demand of them without harming t1 subcap prices at the same time.
I want to see CCP provide income opportunities AND material availability that gives regular ships a reasonable price tag, while making caps/supercaps rely heavily on far more areas of space collectively.
If I am re-elected, personal income sources (or the lack of) that do not require being part of a large group are one of my main priorities.

1 Like

What was your feedback on the suspect for neutrals change in FW plexes? Because this axed one of the income sources for solo players, clone soldier tags.

When I started in lowsec years ago, I had two income sources: 1) killing FW mission bombers, 2) shooting clone soldiers / selling tags.

Both points are gone without a replacement.

I have never viewed Clone soldier tags as an adequate solo income. Lowsec needs more viable options (that specifically do NOT require that you join a large group to accomplish!)
Perhaps you can expand a little, i’m missing something about how the suspect flag stops you from killing clone soldiers?

Yes, you are missing the full picture. Have you followed the price chart of transporter tags since the flagging was changed? Compared to the price during the last 7 years. The calculation is quite simple, taking away demand for sec status repair, drives the value of tags down.

You talk a lot about the little guy income sources, but seem to have no clue about this topic.

I disagree. I think I have some extremely good deep level views on income sources.

Show it. You know I’m a “hardcore” solo player with only one char, and was using solo income sources my whole EvE life.

Is there anybody who has ever been on the CSM you do like? lol

I like everybody except you. :slight_smile: But I don’t like and oppose positions who directly negatively effect my gameplay as you might have figured.

big support from RSA for our boy phanto

1 Like

This man will get my vote.
If you live in lowsec, then you should deffinetly vote for this man.

<3 Thank you!

I feel like i’ve been hauling a rock up a ladder, and I don’t want to waste that effort from this last year.
It’s clear at this stage that it takes more than one year to get key concerns addressed.

tough lineup this year, you’ll get my vote again :+1:

A year ago I endorsed Phantomite saying this:

Phantomite offers this year’s opportunity to bring representation to many players that care for the long term health of the game, keeping challenge and aspirations alive. If you care about Eve and he isn’t on your ballot it’s really time to wake up, read some of the notes posted and consider what type of game you’d like to log in to in a years time.

Phantomite is a person that has always surprised me by asking questions so poignant it makes it hard to be the next person in the line. He’s one of a select few who, when given the chance, challenge CCP and encourage them to think about difficult topics. These are areas of the game that the community have applauded finally seeing movement on so this year I ask readers if it’s something they want to continue. I would love to see another year of him on the CSM.

1 Like

That’s amazing, thank you!
I don’t do this because the CSM is fun, because it isn’t - I do it because Eve is fun, but the opportunities get fewer with each passing year. I can make it much MUCH more fun.

2 Likes

So what are your thoughts on the new changes. My instinct is this has some positives, but also some massive negatives. I think this is a massive nerf to ceptors and I’ll be honest I don’t really get what the point of that is. I feel that CCP instead of iterating are just taking a sledgehammer to it and pushing that square peg through a hexagonal larger issue. I don’t personally really think travel ceptors are a massive issue. Yes they are annoying, but not oppressive. I do appreciate though that it does give options to other hulls and I am looking at this through a very specific lens.

It seems to promote static turgid gate camping gameplay, rather than a dynamic roaming one. While I appreciate this a gameplay style, it not particularly an engaging one. Losing ceptors when roaming often ends the roam and they are not exactly hard to kill and it prevents or makes it much harder for the small group to fight the larger.

Regards the warp core change, at face value it seems great, but suddenly we have a module that is +3. A lot of ratters actually only go for 1 or 2 stabs and this almost feels like a buff despite, the done bandwidth change. I don’t think I’m it’s current guise it’s going to be much of a benefit at all. There is the opportunity to bump said AB Ishtar and hope they don’t get out in the 10s, but as we all know that can be hit or miss lol

More than happy to be corrected on the above if I have it wrong!

Sorry to not give a proper answer yet, but i’ve been expressing some sentiments to CCP through the day today, and I hope for some significant change. Stand by.

I was not able to run this year unfortunately, but if you were thinking of voting for me at all, please vote for Phantomite instead. He and I share many many views together and speak on a regular basis.

I’ve recently been talking with Isaac about some items of concern to him, and his supporters - and while we don’t have identical viewpoints, he did bring up things that DON’T need changing.

We’ve seen some awkward changes recently surrounding nullification that no-one was crying out for, and it raises a good point.
Change for change’s sake is usually a bad idea. One area of concern raised is wardec mechanics. I agree that parts of the current system such as needing to own structures to be wardec-vulnerable is a decent system.

After these conversations I will always be on the lookout for proposed changes that are not needed, to try and catch them early.

1 Like

I think Phantomite is a nice person who knows their stuff and will have them on my ballot.

1 Like