Phantomite - Lowsec is still here and so am I - CSM16

Thank you guys. The pressure cannot be let up - CCP must not be allowed to “weather the storm” for one year - these problems still exist and i’m not going to stop.

I support this candidate.

1 Like

I asked Suitonia this, and I plan to ask @Stitch_Kaneland as well. Would love to hear your thoughts on this Phantom.

"Where do you stand on extrodinary measures like, not allowing ships larger than Dreads, the ability to go into low sec? Given how you need to own Sov to even create a super/titan, it would be consistent at the very least with the world.

A primary issue in Low sec, is the influence major blocks can have. The keepstar in SISI is a great example, where lowsec corps around the keep star are soft allies of Siege Green, because if they aren’t they will be attacked/harassed/cloaky camped, until their corp fractures and gives in, or till they move."

Thanks for considering me Isaac,

I beleive that supercapital ships absolutely DO belong in lowsec.
The Oppressive power of capitals today is down to a combination of sheer numbers mmixed with being friendly to every other nearby group.

I am seeking to show CCP ways in which they can de-couple personal isk-making from the need to be part of a large group.

I have written a piece specifically about one bloc-creating phenomonon here:

If something as simple as “ban supercaps from lowsec” was enacted, it would solve none of the problems that are actually caused by the need for very large groups to form.

Addressing supercapital power specifically, I have spent significant time in the last year as a lowsec/combat CSM representative pushing for supercaps to not be given any further anti-subcapital abilities, and to have existing ones reigned in.

You may have seen me in this video, which I hope explains my feelings towards caps and supercaps:

Please do come and visit me in my discord!

Regarding the siseide keepstar,

I live in amamake next door. And our group has always been hostile to SG.

1 Like

Hi,

Big fans of what you and Baltrom get up to and the fact that you guys punch well above your weight. I would be really interested in your thoughts regarding every recent patch being a nerf to small gang.

• Marauders - literally the most pointless ship in the game, no PVE requires one and actually discourages people working together. In PVP it is literally just boring for most small gangs. Basically you cannot fight it - what would eve lose by just deleting it.

• Relative warp - while most blob alliances don’t understand the power of this yet, give it 2 years and this will just make it almost impossible to kite once people have the skills. Again pretty pointless.

Industry changes - making faction cruisers more expensive is yet another nerf. Putting it simply if we use ratting as an example, based on 25mil isk ticks I now need to do nearly 2hrs of ratting doing literally the most boring PVE in the history of MMO’s, to get a ship. Previously it was max an hour. For casual gamers who can only play few hours a week (and actually sub their accts), this is now reducing significantly peoples time to pvp. It will also make people more risk averse.

Additional rats on gates - this now makes the rats extremely oppressive on gates and waiting a min for someone to decloak can easily put you ship in hull. Again a pointless change.

Apologies, if the above comes over as a rant, but I’m slightly sick of CCP just encouraging people to get in a fleet of 200 ppl hitting approach and ganking each other. High skill level for a few, but again low skill level for the majority.

Kind Regards

Sam

I’m not a fan of attempting to balance Marauders to be particularly useful in PvP.

The entire set of warp formations frustrate me mainly because of their ability to negate the efficacy of pipebombs and bombing runs.
The relative warp being used to have YET ANOTHER tool to use against skirmishing interlopers of fewer numbers was brought up to CCP but they had already developed it, and they were going to be damned if hurting an already dying playstyle was going to be further harmed. Not ok.

Regarding the pricing of things like faction ships - we’re yet to see how redistribution affects this. I am keeping a close eyes out to see what happens. It could get better or it could get worse. Let’s see.
My main desire is to see viable income methods for solo or small group players - rorquals are tools that only the big groups can use, and that’s not good game design.

Belt rats appearing on gates is to give somewhere for the officers etc to appear - but is a rush job after a badly thought out change to belts.

I’m very unhappy with the lack of development for the players and the game. There’s virtually zero attention given to actual important gameplay issues, and huge amounts of development given over to CCP trying to build a different type of game inside eve.

Well this just confirmed you have my votes :wink:

1 Like

Fantastic response, I appreciate all the work you do. I also like Innom’s idea in the 2019 csm to remove all Remote reppers haha, but the rest of the csm disagreed. Big sad.

Thank you for your confidence!
What I need more than anything else to continue where this year has left off is… well, votes! Please, if you want to help get me more time with CCP, please do encourage someone else to check me out, to ask me questions, come and talk to me here, in my discord server or one-on one. I’ll speak on voice, DMs - i’ll come to your voice servers to chat. Let’s get this done.

Isaac, i’d love to chat some time - add me on discord! whispous#8537

voted for him before and will do so again
ever since he started playing in late 2007-early 2008 there has been at most ~2 months where he wasn’t active pvp’ing as per zkill, and probably more than it is showing due to lacking api’s. Vast majority of that activity being in lowsec, both fw and not.
Fc’d for a long time(and still does, for some combination of) for both ls blob and not ls blob, caps and subs, fight solo all the time in ls (and as one does, also gets solo’d), etc.

While on the csm his efforts to push for ls interests were as transparent as they could be on his discord, always trying as much as possible to not turn ls into another blobfest and give smaller groups more agency and opportunities other than join x alliance to shoot not blue man

1 Like

Flattered <3

I’m here for Eve, because this is the game I want to be able to play forever. It’s going to need to improve, and I know how.

Across the year of his tenure on the CSM so far, I and a group of others with similar focus of play have built rewarding relationships with Phantomite around the need to address the struggles of, and advocate for the needs of, medium scale PvP centric groups, across all areas of space.

I would gladly continue working with Phantomite into a second term to help CCP understand the importance and impact of these issues on the ecosystem as a whole: failure to support groups at any scale damages play at all scales above them.

1 Like

you have my vote

1 Like

Check out the most recent interview I was part of!

I have split out this interview into its own Youtube video. Enjoy! CSM 16 Interview with Phantomite - YouTube

Thank you! I had a good time!

Ganking will always occur in plexes of someone flying bullion isk ships u can chose not to fight them they already removed the 10 km activation on gate…I mean no one takes a fight they don’t wanna… use d scan it’s not hard… this is really a none issue.

If you wanna fix low sec fw need to do something about the huge pirates alliances they live there and f up the war zone for smaller corps. Also abyssal activation should only be in low and null or wh the reward is too high for high second u can’t probe them.

I believe this ties in to my stance against REQUIRING that you be part of large groups to make reasonable money (Rorquals as a prime example).

Well it appears I wildly underestimated how bad the industry changes were going to be! RIP small gang/solo for the casual gamer. Looks like the 2hrs I get to play will be doing PVE to afford a ship. A Vedmak is now roughly the same price as a Vagabond lol - thoughts on this so far?

The redistribution phase is yet to come. CCP have not revealed it’s scope and impact to us on the CSM currently - if regular ships become unaffordable, either through high pricing or lack of income opportunities to pay, then i’ll kick up a stink.
But to pass judgement without that information is pointless. I’m watching.

1 Like