Photon UI - Now in Beta (Opt-Out)

Immediately opted out. Font is too large which causes less data to be displayed. I tried the ‘small font’ to compensate but that makes it look unnatural and still doesn’t achieve the goal of seeing everything I was able to see before the change. It’s literally enough of a change to make me feel unsafe in space because I have less information available to me.

I understand things take time to adjust to… but the advantage of the new UI was not clear to me. I don’t see why I would want to get used to it. Please do not force me to use the new UI in the future.

4 Likes

не одобряю, значки слишком крупные

I am using the photon UI, I can no longer set my drones to passive or aggressive, the option is no longer showing

EDIT found this under an icon under the drones in space area

1 Like

overall i dont like it, it still manages to use more space even when in compact mode, also it seems that I have to individually enable compact mode on each window rather than being about to select it as a default for everything. But if you DO select compact mode for a MTU for example, the “loot” option disappears

The only advantage I can find is when I right click on something it tells me the distance it will orbit or keep in range at, ive going to opt out and hope this never becomes mandatory

3 Likes

Неплохо, но может быть лучше. Считаю новое расположение ползунков Range и Angle в Directional Scanner стало менее эргономичным при поиске потенциального противника, когда скорость поиска играет решающее значение. Классическое расположение выглядит намного более эффективным.
Так же хотелось бы иметь возможность настройки интерфейса таким образом, чтобы видеть большее количество вкладок чатов на панели при стандартных размерах окна чата. В моём случае при моём размере окна чата видимы всего шесть вкладок, что лишает игрока более эффективно оперировать информационным ресурсом. Например было бы более эргономично разместить на всей площади окна чата столько вкладок минимального размера сколько влезет и когда какая то из них мерцает, говоря о новом сообщении в этом чате, то при нажатии на неё она могла бы раскрываться в этот чат во всю площадь этого окна либо при наведении курсора на вкладку, могло бы всплывать окно с чатом только для прочтения. При таком подходе была бы возможность визуально контролировать не 6 чатов, а 60 и так до бесконечности при увеличении размеров окна с чатами.

2 Likes

Photon Totally messed up my drone window, changed my color scheme and is way too busy for my liking.
Please continue to offer opt out as you did with the new map. Many of us older players are accustomed to our current setup and prefer function over form.

2 Likes

Well, where to even begin?

• The small dots in the windows (inventory for example) are tiring and distracting to someone with ADD. other than that the inventory window looks nice
  • We need borders back, I know it looks good without them but for practicality, we need to have a set box where the select button is, not an icon itself, the borders to click something are too small when the icon only is used, especially when we need to resize the eve window to fit more windows (calc, excel, browser)
1 Like

Things got moved around.
Things got spaced out.
Things got ugly.
I opted out of photon on all my accounts.

Maybe a reward could be given to people who play for 10+ hours with photon enabled … a skin that makes your ship look like a fat flying rectangular prism or something.

4 Likes

Problem with the scale at 125% on the UI :

It seems it comes when we use the left button “apply”. It’s ok when we push the right button “apply” in the display & graphics parameters.

2 Likes

This is the worst UI I have encountered in a very long time. Please do not try to force this on us. It’s pure garbage.

5 Likes

I don’t care one way or the other about “eye candy” things - you want neon blue, knock yourselves out.

But 2 functionality items have me using the real UI as long as i’m allowed to:

1. the probe window is borked. The tick marks for probe AU range disappear when running a scan, so you can’t set up for your next scan ahead of time.

2. i can’t seem to find fleet finder when i’m ALREADY in a fleet. this forces needless extra clicks to drop fleet then go to fleet finder.

As long as gameplay functionality is not on a par with the original UI, I’ll use the original.

2 Likes
  1. Слишком ядные и контрастные цвета окон при отсуствии их разделительных линий.
  2. Большие ярлыки панелей
  3. Часть текста - названия предметов не видны
  4. В описании панели часть текста без перевода

after today’s update game UI become less “monitor space efficient” “borderless” windows have in fact thicker borders and less space for actual text, many icons become unnecessary bigger and it looks stupid

index
and why this button can’t there

4 Likes

If it helps, new players are also quite consistent about not liking the new UI. For the couple of hours I was logged in after the update, the rookie help channel was the “how do I get the proper UI back to replace this garbage?” channel.

The new UI is missing basic functionality from the old UI, wastes more screen space while providing less information, and doesn’t add anything of real value to the UI. It could stand to be improved, but photon is the exact opposite of improvement. And it’s not just the old players who feel that way.

6 Likes

grafik
IF you reduce the size of the neocom to the lowest possible size, you break the skill queue progress circle.

grafik

And if you have the queue paused, the pause icon is uneven.

2 Likes

see now ya broke it lolol

Are You testet this UI on small monitors?
I’m playing on 15,4’'. And new drone bay take the third of the window hight, otherwise I can not see all drones in space.

It is a bug in overview, sorting arrow shows in wrong way.

Please leave the old UI.

2 Likes

Im not really a big fan of the bright auras around the chat boxes. I prefer the idividual chat boxes to flash when new messages come up. I dont notice them as easily when its just a solid magenta/red tab. All around, I personally dont feel as though a change was needed there. I understand wanting to keep things fresh, I just dont think this change works… at least not for me anyhow. Im happy with the current UI. Thanks !

4 Likes

Я всегда знал что ссп конченые.Каждое ваше убогое обновление это доказывает.Как была бездарная служба так вы и остались бездарными!!!