Absolutely agreed there. My issues are with the interface, not the general concept, skills, or mechanic.
Huh- interesting. I would not have guessed that, but who knows. What I have found is that if your colony is in a horizontal orientation, they are unneeded but non-offensive. But, if you have buildings that are above others or if your colony is tightly packed…then they become an issue mechanically.
Just a couple of things off the top of my head that I would love:
- Make the method for routing more consistent and if you have unrouted material after a change, give me an alert.
- Give me an overview of my colony. I use Neocom on my phone for this since it’s exponentially better at grouping all information in one place.
- I’d love the holograms to go away, but if they have to stay add some more differentiation between building typed (basic, advanced, etc.)
- Similar to the overview of resources and storage, I would love a single window where I can manage all my ECUs and heads when I move things around instead of hopping back and forth between windows to balance my heads on a planet amongst ECUs.
- Give me something other than the slider for adjusting extractor time. It’s a headache to dial in a specific time. Not the end of the world, just harder than it needs to be.
I’m sure a lot more will occur to me when I look at my planets again tomorrow morning