Planetary Interaction Weather pattern predictions for future forecasting and stuff

In before some CCP dev blog about making PI a two button ordeal: “deploy colony” and “produce x, y, z”

Sorry for the wording on this I should add some links to demonstrate my point.

I have to move my extractors as well cuz what I’m working on die’s off but in some cases where my extractors are in a Gas planet, I move my extractors to the max but things are still out of reach if there was movement than it would send the materials right into my extractors.

As it’s not moving it’s just blah lol.

I hope I worded that correctly.

well I really hope not, I like the PI the way it is now, just would like to see more movement and flow of materials, I would also like to see when your just setting up and you drop your extractors down not an instant return, like let’s say base materials for an example. Not sure about anyone else but the first day on the mine site you usually have overburden to deal with so the return should come later like late into day one pushing day two, I run my stuff 4days 2hrs if anyone is interested.

Look at the info sheet for any planet you are considering for a colony. One of the attributes is radius. This will give you an indication for how much CPU/Grid will be chewed up by links.

Most gas planets are huge - but there are some smaller ones and taking the time to investigate will make your colony a lot more productive. I consider this a fair exchange - invest the effort and get the reward. We don’t need image

I agree as this is Eve and there is no such thing as easy. That being said this is about everything being static aka “easy” and if it is moving it’s far to slow to compare to RL as I’ve been doing PI from the get-go this topic is just something I’ve noticed that would make the experience more realistic.
As I’m talking about weather prediction where you have cloud dispersal when you start mining it and material false positives on base metals or being lower-than-expected and lava vents closing up due to mining them ect ect.
Meaning there is nothing to guarantee your materials thus driving up the price as nothing would be guaranteed anymore aka EASY=static. :slight_smile:

Its kind of a no-game. It is just linking stuff that would have to be linked anyway, directing stuff that would have to be directed anyway. Schematics for producing the same product are the same, only capacity and amount of extraction changes with some environmental changes, so its more like daily look at what happened and push of a few buttons. If you take away setting it up, its brainless really already. Construction of patters is actually limited so you could just take a shematic with description and build it anyway. Its too easy. We need more environmental factors that influence the extraction, and actions that make you invest into extraction, different methods, different technology sets, different extractor models, different crews influencing productions, overseers, loot, finding resources, research parties, linking trade routes to other people instalations. Capacity for operators, wages settings, caring for humans in human colony.

what ?? lol man you do the very same setup on every planet there is very little skill in setup, just mindless clicking for hours.

try running 50 planets+ and see just how much fun it isn’t.

you’re pretty much saying exactly what CCP said when it came out first and so far it’s been farmville in space. districts much? dustbunnies much?

none of it was ever worked on nor deployed. i’m not sure people would want a mining sim. sure why not have these very same factors effecting every mining operation. ice ore and PI? i’ll tell you why, because mining is boring enough without turning it into anything beyond what it currently is, gather resouces, refine resources, buiild with resources. not spend days researching resources or exploring resources or any bullshite like that.

I guess CCP may have planned for more interactions when they released DUST514, but it was already dead by now.

1 Like

oh they did but it never happened. like my district effecting yours next door because i’m producing metals and leaking crap into your enviroment and damaging say the water table which you are extracting from which would drive conflict and you’d call in the dustbunnies. never happened. what we got is farmville in space.

I say: try having fun with 5. :smirk:
We dont need quantity, we need quality.

1 Like

are you saying 5 planets should extract the same amount as 50?

I don’t understand what you mean by static. I used to make Oxides on a gas planet. Bands of Noble Gas were fairly constant but the deposits of Reactive Gas depleted and moved around a lot - sometimes near my colony, sometimes not. I simply harvested Oxygen for fuel blocks until a new deposit of Reactive Gas spawned within reach.

Some people move their colonies to chase the resource but I have way too many planets for that to be practical - I simply accept lower yield until the resource spawns within reach.

2 Likes

I think what he is saying, and @Catbear, please correct me if I’m wrong is this:

A new skill that would allow players to “predict” where these deposits are moving to in advance so that the extractors can be placed to be where the resources will be rather than where they are.

Did I get that right?

1 Like

It’s almost 9 years, lol. Always sad to see what plans they had and then compare it to what they delivered.

One of many many features where they just created some minimal first product and then completely forgot about it. Seems to happen all the time with CCP.

1 Like

I can’t speak for Nana personly I make wetware mainframes solo 24 planets for those interested, 4 toons, max skills. A lot of the planets I’m working are just replicas of one another so doing more with less would be nice, but at the end of the day still in the same boat if not in a worse position then before as more with less would mean it would pull faster killing any means of a trickle at that point where everything is still static and stuck with hardly any flow.

Really its what happens when you only focus on your PVP’ers and ignore your carebears :slight_smile:

That is where additional fun could come in as solution. In essence a slightly revorked system with the same capability for production and variation of the output, providing less repetition, more surprises and some interactions. Time spend on it should feel more like playing a strategy game than pushing the same buttons over and over. Some thinking, some decision making, some risks, not only daily grind.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. I’m sorry you feel neglected but you should get some reality check and read the patch notes of the last couple of years.

It’s called sarcasm, I really don’t feel that way but it was funny :stuck_out_tongue: lighten up

Sorry, really did not get that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . After all we have some super weirdos around here who will claim far crazier stuff without being sarcastic

2 Likes