Planets and PI for everyone, POCO lifetime

Something, something is wrong here.

Do you think it’s a good idea to install a POCO every time when you need to do PI?
Why do you need only one planet? You should install 6 or at least 5 POCOS to sync with your skills.
Isn’t it a better idea for a tiny corp to stay without any structures in space?

To nail it, I’d say, we need a bit different POCO taxation.

In Sirkahri I had 8 Planets . But you need just one planet to make T4 goods. Either Barren or Temperate. I dont mind to pay tax on T0 or T1 goods if you export them. But it becomes very nasty if you import them, convert them to T4 and export then again. It doesnt make any sense because its then cheaper to buy em in Jita instead to craft em on your own.
The Structures are part of the game, A Athanor to crush the ore and Ice, a Raitaru to make the fuel and equipment. So I needed a NPC stations just as market. That saves alot of tax. I dont mind if a hord of Pirates shuts down a few Pocos or a station. I can rebuild. But those corps are placing their Poco’s on the planets with the intension to lock down the sandbox. Thats nasty stuff. You come then and ask if you can “buy” a planet. How do you want me to pay? With Dollars or Euro`s? Thats beyond my limits. Maybe CCP thinks it is a good idea to have landlords. For me, I cant see a reason to stay omega if I have no chance to get atleast a little piece of the sandbox. Thats the reason why I had the idea with the POCO lifetime. Okay, you crush a realm an then you lock it down for one month. But then its enough and other player can reclaim Planets and using the sandbox. Or you lock it for another month. But then you must make or buy new POCO’s. A diffrent POCO taxation could work too. Maybe you can open a new Topic about that.

1 Like

Ahhhh, there it is… I want POCOs without having to fight for them, or i am going to stop paying for the game.

1 Like

is 12% the going rate for poco taxation as its just not worth doing it

Those are reasons why I stopped my P.I operation. I wasn’t making a profit commensurate with efforts and risks.
Basically a waste of time.

I agree with you :100: %.
EVE is a sandbox and if I am not allowed some sand and a bucket might as well go swimming.

CCP is landlord of the servers and the subscription is a rent.

Have you considered that you are doing something wrong?

1 Like

I’m sure it never occured to him. Good thing now that you’re here it’ll all get cleared up.

It’s a good point tho. Lots of folks do things in a very inefficient manner because doing it better takes understanding, effort and planning. Which is completely fine of course but since eve is competitive that means you are competing with people who did put in that effort.

OP wants equality of outcome: get optimised rewards without actually competing. EVE is not that game.

1 Like

Very well put, I could call you Thomas Sowell, but I don’t think he plays EVE online. :rofl:

Yep, I do understand that.
Casual players need not apply. I just wish CCP put that line in their marketing ads.

Jordan Peterson said that Equality of Outcome was bad, almost evil… He seems smart so I’ll believe him. But let alone Outcome, there is already no equality on the Onset since some players can afford to be Omega and the others are S.O.L.
So there’s no equality period. Which is okay since that’s the way it’s been for thousands of years and it seems to have worked out well.

So competition is the core of EVE then and PvE is just to… lure the casual players in a game they have no business playing?
I admit I’m a bit confused by the apparent contradiction.

That’s CCP to you, their marketing strategy is a little shady.

Equality is a lie, stick with Mr. Peterson.

2 Likes

Like all the rest.

No not at all. Casual players need to understand that some people will do better than them, because that is how it should be in this MMO.

Some people can’t buy a game, so they don’t get to play it. Some people can’t buy a cool car so they don’t get to drive one. Etc etc. Completely normal. Free games aren’t free, generally.

Yes

No

When we say “eve is PVP” that doesn’t mean “everyone shoots each other in the face”, what we mean is " the vast majority of play styles is about you competing with others, at some point".

Doing missions in and ot itself is not pvp (unless you’re getting ganked or baited) but when you sell your loot, salvage or LP you do so on the market and the market is pure pvp. You’re competing with other sellers in terms of pricing and possibly location to sell your stuff to augment your income.

OP isn’t angry he can’t do PI, he’s angry because he has to pay taxes to someone to do PI. Don’t fall for the OP’s logic trap.

2 Likes

@Aisha_Katalen Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Why can’t we keep the system nice and simple? Pocos last forever. If you want your own poco burn it down and put yours up?

54 replys + 1, 55 replies to talk something to death on such a simple system. OP just wants to add in needless systems for the sake of adding it in. The beauty of EVE is there are little to no mechanics that get in the way of competition. The bigger groups will own the POCOs it’s that simple. Survival of the fittest and so on.

Oh I love my 1% PI on my WH planets it’s the best. Only reason I have HS planet is because of the lack of the 1 planet my WH doesn’t have. It’s not that bad at 8.2% anyways. Well said.

HI :slight_smile:
Aisha Katalen is a playing Forum instead eve. That must be boring. Are you a little Topic Highjacker? Anyway I like my Idea. I did share my Idea. More is not to do.
CCP can think about the idea or not.

Yes of course, yes thats it. Give me a reason why me should pay a other player for nothing. But I am not angry. I am just not going to do that. It would be okay to pay tax if I would settle my Command Center beside a other Command Center. But I see just empty Planets. I hope many other players follow my example to get rid off the Land-Lords.

They did something, they took the Poco. If it’s “nothing” then why don’t you take it back?

Your fallacy, purposely of course, is claiming that because a planet isn’t used the Poco shouldn’t be owned which is of course backwards.

Just because no one uses that planet doesn’t mean ownership of that Poco should be null and void, that makes no sense. You’re just trying to use that “logic” to get to your ultimate goal: maximum reward for minimum effort.

You can bash a poco down solo in a oracle in a few hours its not hard can even afk while you do it.

People with lack of resolve wait while the active make it happen.

1 Like

And then the active ones get rewarded by imposing a tax on the ones with a lack of resolve. See, it all makes sense.

2 Likes

Sure but it can work both ways as well, the big group gets greedy and takes 30 poco’s one small group keeps reinforcing the 1 poco and then when they show up with a fleet to defend it they get blue balled and after a month of perseverance the mega corp gets tired and lazy and says ■■■■ it they can have that poco its not worth the effort.

1 Like