Players exploiting DDos attacs to steel loot from Incursion runners

You guys seem to miss the point here. There’s no way the players who decided to loot these wrecks did not know this was due to a DDoS attack as it was all over chat and disconnected most people in this system. So of course the players where also affected (there’s no way they would even know there where loot in the site if they weren’t in the system, and if they weren’t they wouldn’t be first on grid to loot the wrecks).

My point is that if it’s “fair game” to loot wrecks that’s caused by an DDoS attack, as that also create incentives to carry out DDoS attacks. CCP does not reimburse loot that drops from these kinds of attacks. This is not an in game event, and it’s not a question about being “butthurt”, or “don’t fly what you can’t afford to loose”. Nobody should benefit from DDoS attacks and if CCP is serious about stopping this they should do what they can to set the server back to the state it was before this happened.

1 Like
  1. Grow up;
  2. Shut your whining;
  3. Do you SERIOUSLY think that “getting some loot possibly” will encourage DDoS attacks???;
  4. Seriously, grow up and shut your whining.
2 Likes

Who cares? There’s no rule that says that certain wrecks are “not legitimate” and the loot should be returned to the original owner. You die, you get looted, end of story.

as that also create incentives to carry out DDoS attacks

And going to prison because you committed a crime to get your imaginary spaceship loot creates a much stronger incentive to not do something so utterly stupid.

This is not an in game event, and it’s not a question about being “butthurt”, or “don’t fly what you can’t afford to loose”

Of course it is. If they were obeying the “don’t fly anything you can’t afford to lose” rule you wouldn’t be talking about how these poor helpless victims had to quit EVE because they can’t afford to replace their losses. They’d just do what smart players do when they lose a ship to circumstances outside of their control: yell some obscenities, buy a new ship to replace it, and get on with life.

Really, you should be ashamed of your failures as a leader here. Why were you letting your players save up for weeks to put everything into a single ship that they couldn’t afford to replace? Do you actually care about them, or do you just exploit them for better farming efficiency and replace them with the next gullible victim if they quit over losing their expensive farming ships?

1 Like

No, I already said there’s no way for me to know that. However, if the players think it’s “fair game” or just “good fortune” to benefit from DDoS attacks, then I don’t think people would be to surprised to learn that some people would also do that (it should be obvious to most people that these attacs are carried out by people with a history with EVE).

So your plan is to do what about it?

Try and imagine how ccp are supposed to build a policy around this situation.

Looting wrecks by any situation is already fair game.

You need to explain why this is different. What are the rules? And how can they be reliably and consistently applied?

1 Like

Again, you are living in a delusional fantasy world if you “wouldn’t be surprised to learn” that someone was stupid enough to commit serious crimes just for a chance at gettign some imaginary spaceship loot. Nobody is going to risk going to prison for such trivial benefits.

2 Likes

Stop assuming things you don’t know anything about. I was not involved in this, I didn’t even fly with TDF. People loosing stuff in game due to an external event, like an DDoS attack, is NOT an in game event, and not “fair game”.

1 Like

EVE has been under DDoS attacks for months, so who’s living in a delusional world here?

1 Like

Sorry, I assumed that when you said “we” had things happen it meant that you were involved in the events.

And who cares if it is fair? Don’t fly it if you can’t afford to lose it. I’ve lost ships to disconnects, lag, my PC locking up, etc. And you know what I did? Yelled some obscenities at the screen, took a break, and then got on with life. Because it doesn’t matter what the cause of destruction is, if you can afford to lose it you just buy another one. And if you can’t afford to lose it then you’re an idiot for flying it in a game where losses happen.

EVE has been under DDoS attacks for months, so who’s living in a delusional world here?

Try reading more carefully. It’s delusional to think that someone would commit a DDoS attack for a chance at imaginary spaceship loot, not that someone would commit a DDoS attack at all. Whatever their motives for the attack are the people responsible almost certainly aren’t doing it for a few billion worth of farmer wrecks.

1 Like

Those people who whine about things THAT ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE are the absolute worst of the whining scum I hate.
Honestly - who the hell do you think you are? What makes you the one who gets to complain about things they are not in any way involved in? Your pretentiousness is sickening.

3 Likes

/Thread

5 Likes

Haters gonna hate…

ninja looted an incursion fleet that died during this recent server failure

And now it’s all over reddit, and people seem to think that exploiting a server failure to get rich on behalf of other players is the “smart thing” to do. Shockingly shitty thing to do IMO.

Welcome to EVE. Loot is loot, don’t fly it if you can’t afford to lose it. And if you come to the forums to whine about your loss expect to be laughed at.

3 Likes

So in conclusion, people on this thread think that benefiting from DDoS attacks that’s ruining the game for the entire community is a smart move, and just part of the EVE game experience.

Why am I not surprised that this is probably not going to be fixed any time soon?

10 guys excluding you… :rofl:

Maybe if you told us what you want fixed…

2 Likes

I already said so; I want CCP to make sure people don’t benefit from these DDoS attacks and server faliurs, and that people don’t have to accept loosing their stuff to the same DDoS attacks. My point, as I stated earlier is that nobody can expect this to stop as long as some people get away with benefiting from this.

That doesn’t explain how it works.

What do you expect ccp to do?

Bans? Fines?

For what? Looting any wreck during a ddos? Looting certain wrecks during a ddos? Which ones? How is that reliably enforcable?

Before you ■■■■■ about the morality of the situation, you have to think about if there is anything ccp can realistically do about it…

4 Likes

Funny thing is that statement applies to everybody, including you.

:expressionless:

Don’t fly anything you can’t afford to lose. If you don’t break this rule you won’t care what happens to your wreck.

I already said so; I want CCP to make sure people don’t benefit from these DDoS attacks and server faliurs, and that people don’t have to accept loosing their stuff to the same DDoS attacks

Yeah, right, CCP is supposed to make special rules for which loot you’re permitted to take and require people to know why you were killed before looting? All because some farmers were too greedy and stupid to follow a basic rule of EVE?

My point, as I stated earlier is that nobody can expect this to stop as long as some people get away with benefiting from this.

And my point is that you are utterly delusional if you think this is true. Nobody is DDoSing EVE to get some random farmer loot, so if/when DDoS attacks happen and how long they continue has nothing to do with looting policies.

4 Likes