PLEASE change the default behavior of asset safety system

O true I was thinking large pos’s but I guess your cap’s would just log into fresh air and you could just cyno/warp them out.

1 Like

You’re right, that was a cheap shot. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have made this personal.

As I pointed out before, your stuff isn’t gone, it isn’t lost, it isn’t destroyed, it’s in losec. The fact that it sitll exists and you can still access it after the station it was in was removed from the game seems pretty beneficial to me.

1 Like

It’s cool-- I’m used to everyone hating Goons :stuck_out_tongue:

I know the stuff isn’t gone and it’s not the end of the world (I’m also lucky enough to have adequate ISK on hand to unlock all the assets). I think it would be a fair outcome (in that it penalizes players somewhat for risk-taking while also not completely ruining them) if it were the result of losing a station. I just don’t think it’s a fair or reasonable outcome for when a station gets decommissioned by friendlies unbeknownst to you and you’ve got tons of acceptable alternative structures already there. Like why would the game default to moving your stuff and charging you a huge fee when it could just drop it in your other space-house?

If the assets automatically went to the closest, sufficiently-large Upwell structure, that would be fine.

If the player got to choose where the assets went when they came back to the game, that would be fine.

Just don’t have the game default to giving the player the worst-case scenario: right now being AFK leads to the same outcome you’d experience if your entire space kingdom being burned to the ground, and it does so for no particular reason.

I’m pretty sure you can petition them to move it to the friendly structure and they’ll do that for you and remove the fee if the situation is in fact what you say. Just be polite and explain what happened. Usually the gms are pretty nice about this kind of stuff. Of course there’s no guarantee.

For the record, I don’t hate Goons. I’ve fought beside and against them on and off since the days of BoB. I just found your post ironic given the past “asset relocation” scams that they’ve run out of Hisec. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.