Please change the war declaration mechanics - The cost MUST GO UP - Make War decs, a proper reason

Wondering if your actually this stupid or just a griefer yourself

To put this in perspective, wardecs are a niche mechanic, you can avoid being bothered with very easily. The most important part IMO, if you want to live in a corp, do this outside highsec. Corps are pointless in highsec. You should no as a veteran player.

Nevertheless the current implementation favors the attacker too much. Personally I would scrap formal wardecs, and use an extended suspect mechanic with a free for all option for the defender.

You can call me whatever you want. All that counts for me is that the most profitable and productive groups should never be allowed to roam around high sec without risk. Your small group is of no significance to me compared to this goal. Quite the contrary, for such a poorly thought through suggestion you should get war decā€™d by war decers who also dare to go to low sec and not just pussy around in Jita. Your suggestion will make it even less risky for bigger groups to operate in high sec, which is unacceptable.

Besides, for small groups like yours nothing would change if wars at the upper end of the cost spectrum got cheaper. The cost to war dec you is already insignificant. And keeping a slight risk factor in high sec for huge groups is already a goal and reason for a war in itself.

What was the CEO and senior members of these fictional corps doing during these wars?

Why were they not helping the new player learn how to survive? After all, they were happy to take taxes. What value were they providing in return?

1 Like

I disagree. I think war decs should be made cheaper so new players can participate as soon as possible. The current minimum fee is 50 million isk, which is roughly 50 frigate hulls and some fittings for a new player, or new player group. It is not cheap for new to the game players.

I also CEO (on my alt) a new player/returning player corp, we were war decced by a major merc group(s) for weeks, approximately 10 weeks, as well, last fall. I know what you are going through.

I do not believe you were war decced for ā€œno reasonā€. I believe, and this is just my opinion, you were war decced because of your active recruitment presence on these forums, and your (on paper at least) success in recruitment. I cannot tell how many characters in your alliance are players versus alts, but you appear by your own recruitment thread to be actively recruiting pvpers interested in combat, and be successful at it.

I should think (and maybe Iā€™m wrong) you are exactly the kind of organization a war deccing corp would be looking to war dec, a growing, active, interested in pvp corp.

Thatā€™s my two cents on your proposal.

1 Like

That is just plain stupid

U think because a player is interested in PvP he should be blown up again and again by Bhaalgorns, cynabals, t3 cloaky cruisers, massive plated bcs which they HAVE NO HOPE of defeating in 1v1

Iā€™m sorry but you cannot be that stupid

Yes because small 5 man corps just starting out can take on ten t3ā€™s cruisers with guardian logi

right? right?

All of u really have no idea what war decs is doing to this game

So what ur saying is

ā€œif you make more ISK than me I am going to war dec you, threaten you, camp you, unless you give me ISK or ill drive you out of eve?ā€

Are you even listening to yourself?

Yeh, No?

Considering they just hunt u non stop

Again

Did you even think before you replied?

Thatā€™s not what I asked.

I asked overall, what were the CEO and other senior players doing to help the new players?

Now if it is such a small Corp, then change it to, what was the CEO doing to support the new player?

If the answer is nothing, then thatā€™s the problem. Not the wardec, but the incompetent CEO, who has no business trying to lead anything without the skills to do so.

Thereā€™s usually no reason to engage in fights with wardeccers, yet the whole Corp should still be able to have fun playing the game, even in highsec. Wardecs are not an issue. ā€œLeadersā€ with a lack of knowledge are.

2 Likes

I donā€™t care about your group. What I care about is that huge groups need to be under war dec without interruption. For all I care CCP can increase the war dec initiation cost by a bit to reign in on blanket wars, but the upper end of the cost for large alliances must be a lot lower than what it is today.

No such thing

Sorry but thatā€™s more utter BS

War decs need to be for a reason, not to terrorize new players and get easy kills

1 Like

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

No one needs to be ā€œunder war decā€ just because you are jealous they can create something lasting that you lack the skill or ability to do so

& donā€™t try to pin new players quitting on people who have taken the step to try and run a corp and make something of themselves

Because that is exactly what you are doing

No such thing as what?

The only BS here is the view that wars are a problem. If you arenā€™t able to handle them, then maybe go learn how to play the game effectively and only then try to teach others how to play.

Personal responsibility isnā€™t a modern trait, but it still goes just as far as it used to, and always further then trying to blame external factors.

So back to the question you havenā€™t answered, what was the CEO and senior players doing in your fictional scenarios?

1 Like

I was gona poke alot of fun at war is war because both sides have equal chances but NOPE.

EVE is about risk vs reward- Huge groups remove a whole lot of risk just by being huge. It is time to put a bit more risk into their EVE experience again, even if itā€™s just a little bit. Whether you like it or not is completely meaningless.

Also whatā€™s this whole defensive stance because players just want to grind missions or mine in highsec they should be somehow shielded from others killing them?
Also with some knowledge mixed in mission runners can fight they got dps skills for those missions they do

Believe me actually read the OPā€™s post it screams alot like ā€˜I just Wana be left aloneā€™ maybe pick some singleplayer game

1 Like

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . Iā€™m doing no such thing.

Players quit, because players want yo quit. Thatā€™s on them and no one else. Itā€™s a choice we all have.

However, players also join corps for their own reasons including learning how to play the game, being part of a social group, having people around that have your back, etc.

So what was the Corp doing in your fictional scenarios, to support the new players?

1 Like