Please change the war declaration mechanics - The cost MUST GO UP - Make War decs, a proper reason

You know they will stop hunting you if you fight back with skill?

Regarding your five people defenseless newbie corp, this has no business in EvE. I you decide playing with the sharks (aka founding a corp) you either need to outsmart or outgun them to keep your peace. Else you have plenty of alternatives.

3 Likes

TlDr. Just here to mop up tears and mine salt for the market. Wars are fine. Hush.

5 Likes

They could use some tweaking here and there but yea mostly fine

1 Like

Standard replies “nothing wrong” “welcome to eve” “go back to wow” “go play a single player game” “newbies should learn pvp even if means being wtfpowned non stop”

I feel sorry and pity for all of you

You have zero compassion

1 Like

This is where you are absolutely wrong.

My own view is everything should be done to help support new players, but it isn’t CCPs responsibility to do that.

Community comes from other players, not the game mechanics.

So it’s up to other players to teach and help new players and in this particular case, corporations have advantages and disadvantages. The leaders of Corps should be able to guide their new player members through those disadvantages. If they can’t, then they have no business leading a Corp.

So tone your judgement down. It just makes you look like a child.

8 Likes

I did warn him the OP actually calls for trolling to be started.

4 Likes

It is CCPS “job” to do it and if you think otherwise, then your a fool

War decs need to change, this game NEEDS TO CHANGE - This whole “risk vs reward” bs for the last 15 years has fallen into disuse.

Stop trying to keep a broken mechanic and a ton of others by quoting the usual tripe of “risk vs reward” cause it is absolute BS

1 Like

Better a fool then a tool.

Go away troll.

2 Likes

This guy can’t be for real he tries too hard

& there it is

every point u have made i have refuted

Your response? Insults

How very elitist pvper of you

You are the exact problem with eve online

You haven’t refuted a single one. You’ve just made claims with no evidence to support them.

Actually argue against them and you might get somewhere, but just calling people fools, claiming they have no compassion because they don’t agree with you, that what they write is just BS…that isnt going to get far.

At this point, troll is the right term for you. That’s all you are doing here.

2 Likes

Ugh? I only read emotional responses about how Scipio is so evil to question you.

Might want to read this, because I don’t think you know what reasoning actually is. Whatever you’re doing isn’t reasoning, it’s entitled demanding.

1 Like

I’ve been in game a fair while and have for a long time have been in null or WH (and now low sec) space so wardecs have not affected me for a long time, unless I forget and sometimes take my main to a trade hub. And in truth a don’t know much about wardecs and their mechanics however I have read posts like this a number of times.

Now I am not saying that the cost of wardecs shouldn’t go up and if I recall correctly from what I’ve read that organisation like P.I.R.A.T throw out hundreds of wardecs at a time so there is certainly something to be said about it being cheap to do so.

However at the same time there has to be some adaptation from your side too.

Back when I was relatively new I joined a corp and at that time we were based in high sec, my memory is poor but I believe it was around Goram in Tash-Murkon. When we were wardecced we used to go put to low sec or NPC null and set up base there, when the wardec finished wewent back to Goram, we didn’t feed the deccers kills, in fact our CEO said that if anything bigger than a shuttle was caught and killed the person would be kicked from corp.

At the same time the leadership taught us what they knew, how to avoid these deccers, how to make ISK away from our home, how to be more situationally aware etc. If you have all these years in game yourself then you have these skills yourself to teach to the new players that have joined you. You’re always going to getting someone pissing on your parade in this game, it’s up to the more experienced people in corp to teach the new guys, whom can then teach the newer guys.

So yeah, whilst wardec costs probably should go up, in the meantime make contingencies, hell carry on forming up and going after them, those lessons will be good for your newbros

1 Like

No. Wars would be useless for practically everything then. Seriously, why should I have to pay 5B ISK to even have a chance at blowing up a Raitaru. Why should you have to pay 5B ISK to have to chase off some upstart corp that is stealing your ice belts?

Wars have some problems and are probably overly punitive on upstart corporations full of newer players. There are possible solutions out there that don’t basically make the mechanic useless to everyone.

Perhaps if you really want to be constructive, and not just vent or ask for the rules of the game to be re-written in your favour, you could drop by the Wardec Project Discord?

You might learn more about the issues with wars, or even find some allies there that might be willing to help you fight back.

2 Likes

OP, you are clearly biased. That said, I cannot take you seriously because you aren’t looking at things objectively.

First of all, the cost: For small corps, the cost is 50mil per week to wardec. As a group’s size increases, the cost increases exponentially. I believe it costs somewhere in the Billions of ISK to wardec Goonswarm. So, here is my point of view: Increase the minimum cost, but lower the maximum cost. In economics, these would be called price floors/ceilings.

Secondly, the ‘reason for war.’ Anymore, the reasons for wars are either A. Contracts or B. Blanket Deccing. The reason for this is because CCP has actually taken AWAY tools to hunt specific targets in EVE. When I was in Marmite back in the day, chasing juicy targets while putting in an increased amount of effort was not only profitable (sometimes), but enjoyable. Very likely, you are simply the victim of a blanket war dec. Blanket deccing was in existence prior to the watch list removal, but very seldom. Tora would still occasionally dec every corp that passed through Uedama, but that was simply for his members to have fun. Now just about every large merc group keeps at or over 100 decs active at a time in an attempt to ensure that the returns are equal or greater than the cost.

Solutions? As stated, increase the base price but decrease the maximum. There are two other things that I believe will also help the situation, but I will base them on objective information.

1. Reinstate a Watchlist-esque mechanic. The Watch list was one of the reasons small merc corps/alliance such as Devils Warrior Alliance and Pursuit of Happiness were able to obtain notoriety and success. This also results in less blanket deccing from larger alliances such as P I R A T and Marmite. In turn, the size of these alliances would decrease because there is no longer a need for the ‘blue donut’ concept. In trying to keep with logic and lore, this would need to be limited to highsec and delayed in lowsec. Why? NPCs/NPC Corporations know where players are. In lowsec there is far less NPCs, and in Null there is even less. Obviously in wormholes there are none.
  2. Social Corporations. This is a widely discussed concept in our Wardec Project Discord. Essentially, create corporations that are A. limited in size, B. cannot hold assets such as hangars or structures, and C. pay NPC taxes, but are immune to wardecs. This allows new/returning players as well as casual players to have more intimate (I use this term obviously not in the realm of love) groups of people to play with, learn, and grow as individuals prior to or instead of joining vulnerable entities. You are still of course vulnerable to gankers, baiters, and the like, but you have wardec immunity.
2 Likes

Just a correction. 500 million is the maximum wardec fee per week.

It scales up depending on the defender size when it’s in the range of 51-2000 members. Above 2000 members there’s no additional charge.

German invasion of Poland, 1939.
Iraqi invasion of Quwait 1990.
US invasion of Iraq 2003.
Colonial wars “whatever happens we have got / the machine-gun and they have not” 19th Century.
Caesar’s invasion of Gaul.
Caesar’s invasion of Britain.
Japan’s attack of China 1895.
Japan’s attack of the USA 1941.
…and many more.

History says you’re wrong.

As to the game, since when has EVE pvp been fair?

1 Like

Just because a mechanic has been ■■■■ for a long time doesn’t make it good. EVE has had a massive player retention problem for 15 years and PCU numbers aren’t too good.
Wardecs have been described as ■■■■ by both sides for years.

Some of the OP’s ideas don’t work. For example, I think a 5b wardeccing cost is ludicrous - maybe the cost should go up the more a given corp has been wardecced in the last 6 months, but 5b upfront? Nope. Still, not doing anything to address a bad mechanic doesn’t make it good.

Terrorizing new players and getting easy kills is a perfectly valid reason for a wardec. This is EVE, after all. Being wardecced for weeks on end with the best answers being “drop corp” or “flee highsec” is more of a problem with getting players engaged.

I would like to see the War Dec prices increased a lot. While I am a newer player, I have seen war decs push out many newer players and newer corps.
I would also like to see the number of active war decs limited to stop blanket war decs from high sec pirate corps and trade hub seating pirates. The war dec system is the only reason I will not join a player corp, it is not worth it to slow down my playing because of this BS machenic.