Please critique my ship fit - for SOE Dagan & PVE

Hi, and Thanks for comments, Jenne. I had posted my fit previously with exception that I replaced the Invuln Field with Stasis Web. I haven’t used PYFA, but currently using NEOCOM II on my mobile tablet device.

~ Storm

2 Likes

@Orren_Grund yeah, I DID EXPECT to lose 1st time in my destroyer; esp with all the talk about needing to use a cruiser. Being new in this game, I am not necessarily looking for an easy win everytime, since I would learn nothing. I found this out in the career agents - many of the missions were a little too easy, but did a good job in teaching me solid basics.

So for now, i see more value in pushing the envelope piloting smaller ships, and if I get popped then so be it. :slight_smile:

@Maddisyn_Ghostraven I have read good things about Drakes. BUT atm, if/when I decide to sub, I may try out some assault frigs & assault dessies. Then maybe a drake or vexor.

1 Like

Both are amazing great fun if you want to put the training in early yes I highly recommend AF/T3D’s.

1 Like

Well, the thing is a destroyer is perfectly capable of it - you just need to have the skills to use it. Many players buy a bigger ship as soon as they have the minimum skills for it, then get surprised at losing it when they try something that their ship should be able to handle. You have the right idea in pushing it with a smaller ship first IMO. Having IV or V in the skills for your destroyer means you will be a lot more effective than jumping into a cruiser with the minimum I in everything necessary. It will give you far less performance than the thoretical maximum, which leads to the next sentence.

What people also lacked (yes, me too a few times) was all the support skills to get the most out of that hull. Hull upgrades, weapons upgrades, armor/shield upgrades, rigging skills, you name it. Someone saying “cruiser X” is actually saying cruiser X with full armor/shield, weapons, support skills.

2 Likes

Orren Grund is correct.

When I first started playing this game, I stayed in a T1 Frigate for 9 months and max trained every skill pertaining to that ship before I moved up to a larger hull class ship. That made the transition much easier and since all the Core support skills were maxed out, made fitting the larger hull class ship much easier to do as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.