Need help fitting my ships

I apologize if this is the wrong place but I have nowhere to turn to. Please let me know if this is and I will gladly delete it.

I was using a magnate given to me by a kind guy for exploration where I was making most of my money and having a lot of fun. I made the fatal mistake of leaving safety off and was attacked by a guy with a t3 battleship. By the time I attempted to warp out my ship was already broken and the loot I had was beyond hope of recovery. I took this as a lesson though and used a mining ship to get enough money to get about the same as the fit was worth. I however, have no idea what it was. It was given to me by a guy called (Mike Azariah) but I don’t know if he uses the forums or if there is a way to check his fits. If that’s impossible please recommend a good fit for a magnate.

In addition to this, I noticed that my ship isn’t the best at combat, which exploration sometimes requires. I often warp out and leave but I had the good fortune of receiving a battleship from a French player that I believe I can use for combat. Please correct me if I am wrong and cannot use it but this is my assumption from what he said. I will use it for fighting the pirate guys. Now, I don’t know the name of said ship due to it being something in French but I will leave the image here. Please also recommend a good fit for whatever this is. It is already kind of fitted but I cannot put one module online and also have no idea if this is a good fit

Also this is off topic but how do I see my contacts I would like to play with the French guy again.

1 Like

@Mike_Azariah we have another customer for your bang bus or whatever it is that you call it!

Do you know the person’s name? If yes, then search for that name in the “People & Places” category in the left sidebar. if you don’t, then you’ll have to first figure out who it was. I suggest browsing the log file folder (\Documents\EVE\logs) and find the conversation and/or the trading transactions.

Also, have you finished the career agents yet?

That’s a Coercer by the way, which is an Amarr destroyer. And now that I’m looking in the upper-left of the fitting window, it seems that the player in question is called “Chienne-Docile” as is evident by the ship’s name.

1 Like

Oh tysm for your help finding the guy. I have figured out how to see my contacts so thanks for the help on that. Also, yes I have other than some advanced military as I couldn’t do it at the time and I haven’t had the chance to go back. Do you have an idea for a good fitting for the destroyer.

Can’t get in-game right now, but I’m sure someone will give you a decent Coercer fit.

I mean really, it’s just guns, an afterburner, a stasis webifier (or maybe a capacitor battery or something), and an active armor tank consisting of a small armor repairer, and 1-2 armor resist modules/hardeners and/or a heat sink. This will be enough for most low-end PvE stuff in high-sec like belts, easy anomalies, and level 1 missions.

Browse through the market to learn about modules. Show info and then read the descriptions and stats.

Alright ty, I have no idea what half that stuff is but Ill try and search.

Anyone?

dude coercers happens to be my favorit ship
its a glass cannon LOTS of dps , can apply to a decent range, not much ehp
there is some guys that fit plates to improve hp but i think is a bad move

you can fit pulses like you did plus afterburner and warp scrambler… the tank is a damage control + structure rigs

you can fit double web bean lasers

you can even fit web aftb like you did but

remember to bring lots of types of crystal

conflag like you are using have SUPER DPS but track like ■■■■ , to hit fast targets change to imperial navy multifrequency
if peeps take distance use radio
if they are slow and far away use aurora/scorch …

======

my favorite fit

edit:
btw
PVP ship NOT exploration ship
can be used in PVE in LOW LEVEL missions because it melt frigates

in eve every job need a appropriate tool , there is no super do all ship

1 Like

As I was telling you, in game, the magnate is good for exploration but is not a combat vessel by any means. The coercer is one of the destroyer class so it is considered a ‘glass connon’ which means that it deals out damage but is poor at taking it. Your options with this are gun tanking (kill them before they kill you) or kiting. (Run fast, shoot from a distance.)

m

1 Like

A good guide to fitting any ship is to look at the info tab of a ship. In the description part it will tell you what bonuses per level the ship receives and other strengths (like is it an armour ship, what weapons it uses or is it offensive, defensive or ewar based etc).

• For your Coercer it uses energy turrets and prefers to armour tank. It has range and tracking bonuses for applying damage to fast ships like frigates. These are things you should try to exploit/maximise when fitting the ship.

The next thing to look at is the slot layout/drone bay. This will tell you how many and what weapons your ship uses, as well as how many slots your ship has to allocate to tank and/or utility.

• Your Coercer has the majority of slots focused into it’s weapons (turrets) and few other slots. It is a glass cannon.

Final thing to consider is what ‘job’ you want the ship to do and the related attributes the ship has and what modules will help your ship do that job.

• You say you want to use the Coercer to fight pirates. This could mean ratting (shooting NPC’s to earn money) or PvP, so I’m going to assume you mean PvP. In PvP fights you almost always want a way to control range like a prop mod and tackle of some kind (Scram, Warp Disruptor, Web).

So considering all of the above, you’ll get fits like that linked by @tutucox_Khamsi or similar variants such as this:

As a final note, if you want to see how other players are fitting their ships you can browse zkillboard.com and search for a specific ship.

Here are a bunch of Coercers:

1 Like

I think by Pirates he was referring to NPC’s since he did say he was doing exploration in a Magnate Frigate and needed something more suited for combat.

I shall wait for some clarification.

It’s obviously a newbro, and giving any advanced advice, using terms like “glass cannon,” or assuming that he’s doing PvP is no-go.

Someone make a simple high-sec anomaly Coercer fit for him with like three or four bullet points (gun go boom-boom at #KM, repairer makes Coercer not blow up when enemy go boom-boom on you, afterburner makes fast vroom-vroom, stuff like that). Nothing more than that is necessary right now.

Y’all need to learn how to teach n00bz a bit better. Unless you’re teaching someone who’s an advanced/competitive gamer (and three-quarters of contemporary gamers aren’t), the first week is basically Gerber baby food-level advice.

1 Like

Come on man, it’s all in the OP.

He was using a Magnate Frigate doing exploration and had problems being able to complete sites, eventually his ship got destroyed (seems he had safety off, probably went into Low Sec and was destroyed by a player). He then did some mining to get a new Magnate and wants help to refit it.

He also got a new ship, Coercer Destroyer (he thought was a Battleship), from a player and wants to know how he can fit that as well.

Anyway, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I agree with what Destiny Corrupted posted above. The OP is obviously a low skilled new player who is looking for a Coercer fit to run low level combat sites in High Sec.

Did a Google search and found these fittings

Magnate Tech 1 Exploration

Low Slots
Inertial Stabilizers I
Inertial Stabilizers I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I

Mid Slots
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I

High Slots
Salvager I
Prototype Cloaking Device I
Core Probe Launcher I ( 8x Core Scanner Probe I)

Rig Slots
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

Drone Bay
Hobgoblin I x5
Salvage Drone I x3

Coercer Level 1 SoE Epic Arc
Skills at 3

Low Slots
Small ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
‘Refuge’ Adaptive Nano Plating I
Extruded Compact Heat Sink

Mid Slots
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

High Slots
Dual Anode Light Particle Stream I, Xray S

Rig Slots
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Energy Collision Accelerator I

125 DPS at 14km with Xray S Crystal
150 DPs at 10km with Multifrequency S Crystal

EDIT:
Also found this site with ship fits, can use it as a guide / starting point for fitting, then customize and fit it for your skills in-game.

https://www.eveworkbench.com/fitting

1 Like

Yea I am pretty new so sorry to some of the people that gave me very advanced feedback you went way over my head. Ill still look at the prices for those. By ratting, I meant going to combat anomalies and shooting the red ships not sure what they are. I have been able to do lvl 1-2 in the magnus but as the mike guy said I want something so I dont loose half of my health every time I try to take one on.

Ty mike gave me his magnate setup I will try out that coercer ship.

1 Like

Those are NPC pirates (non-player characters, so it’s PvE fighting, not PvP).

The Coercer will do a lot better against those! Ships in EVE are like tools, and using an exploration Magnate to fight rats is like using a sponge to put a nail in the wall. Use the hammer (Coercer in this case) instead! :grin:

Oh tysm. Is the fitting the guy recommended good for that?

The Coercer fit that @DeMichael_Crimson linked is good for that!

I don’t see an armor repair module in the other two Coercer fits in this thread. While it is possible to not bring an armor repair module, fighting NPC pirates is easier when you can repair your ship while in space. The Small ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I in DeMichael’s fit is such a module.

Sorry but I cant remove one of the rigging things. Is there anything you see there that I do not need in the rigging. Ill buy the rest tyvm.

From memory, I think the nano pump increases your repairs, the cap control helps you with capacitor issues and the third increases your damage. You could skip the nano pump I suppose.