Please stop the nonsense about inflation

You mean trading? This is not the end of the world. It’s also not the first time someone found their gameplay producing less positive returns.

Adapt?

Meanwhile new players are finding their wealth becoming stronger.

12 times per char?

And you can make unlimited chars…so unlimited. And you can make ventures from blueprints with a few minutes of mining in hisec.

There isn’t going to be a shortage of ventures.

This is the complete opposite.

Sellers may be hurt the most, but anyone tapping into isk faucets (like new playes running missions) get a wealth boost. Miners in hi-sec could be hurt by lower prices, but they’d also get a huge boost from the lower mineral supply from rorquals.

I don’t know mate…you keep worrying that ventures will become rare, despite all the blueprints already being established and moon mining in hi-sec being barely affected.

The reason the money supply is (was) collapsing was the active ISK delta more than anything else. This means players leaving the game. No matter how you slice that, that is bad. Especially if they are older players and their wallets full of ISK and their productive capabilities are leaving the game.

It is like your most experienced workers up and quit. That’s never good.

Sure Bots getting the boot is a good thing. I am not making a “save the bots” argument, but from the looks of this that isn’t the case. If players with the most productive characters are leaving that’s a serious problem.

I am generally the last person to sound the “End of the World” horn. That should give you pause. My view is, if players who have fat wallets are leaving the game that also likely correlates to players who have the highest levels of productivity too. After all, if you have characters who are very productive you tend to make more ISK. This is a problem is that is the case.

Again, check my posting history. I am not usually this pessimistic.

No I mean PI, invention, etc.

The way to adapt to inflation, dingdong, is to stop doing stuff. Stop doing PI, invention, etc. The time spent doing it is a waste. Just sit on your ISK and let it gain purchasing power.

Holy ■■■■■■■ ■■■■. Did you people not take a basic economics course.

And then that’s it.

It isn’t the shortage of ventures but that with deflation anything you do will provide a decreasing return over time.

Do you know what deflation is? It means the real price is falling over time. That means every minute you mine you get less and less return.

Right, but at the same time there is less and less stuff for them to buy. Ammo, drones, etc. Eventually they can’t run their missions because there is nothing for them to put in their guns to shoot with.

I’m worrying that with a collapsing money supply prices will start to collapse and then consumption spending will collapse and with it the entire economy.

FFS man go read about things like the Great Depression. Everyone was worried about decreasing prices. So much so they were doing some really stupid ■■■■. Like making entire industries into cartels and driving down output to drive up prices…which makes things worse. The solution was to expand the money supply–i.e. inflation.

Now the money supply in game appears to be growing again (yay). The price indices seem to be flattening out (yay). Things appear to be turning around (yay). I totally want this to go the other direction. I want a nice and reasonably stable growth rate in the money supply so we can stop worrying about this and worry about ship stats, modules, etc. I want CCP to realize blackout was a bad thing and not do it again (at least in that format). Despite what all the know-nothings are saying. Shrinking the money supply at 2x the former growth rate is a recipe for Goddamn disaster.

1 Like

Well if it’s any consolation, my main income is probably pi too.

Well no.

You can still trade pi stuff today for more isk than it cost to run. And then let that isk grow in purchasing power.

You should only stop doing an activity when it is no longer profitable or it is more profitable to do something else with the time. But there’s no reason to think pi will become unprofitable.

And you can make how many alpha characters?

You’re still ignoring that it takes a matter of minutes for a venture to mine enough ore for another venture.

So now ventures aren’t a problem?

Two things:

Yes there’s deflation, however mineral supply was also down. Check what happened to mineral prices around the drifter invasion and black out.

Trit had a massive boost.

Second, your still assuming it would deflate to zero. Which it wouldn’t. There will still be demand for equipment and there will still be a supply. Isk will still be generated by faucets. It would just find a new equilibrium.

Ventures will still be made, bought and sold.

Honestly, why do you think this will happen?

Anyone, literally a new player, can run level 1 missions for a couple hours and afford a blueprint for ammo. Then they can mine for a few minutes in a venture and make enough ammo to last weeks!

An older player like myself can do it even quicker than that for the ammo i use.

Do you expect a shortage of BPO’s? Will mineral availability in hisec change? What is it that will make ammo so impossible to produce?

This is doom mongering of the worst kind.

Does not apply.

How would the great depression look if people could get all the food, energy and accommodation they needed within minutes and with a tiny amount of effort. They don’t need jobs, everyone is self employed and/or paid on commision. There is no cost of living.

Because that’s eve.

Ammo, frigates, modules? Five minutes mining and a few more in industry.

Accommodation? Unlimited and invincible in the form of stations. Not subject to rent or maintenance.

Food? Lol.

The great depression does not happen to eve. It literally cannot. We are too capable of being self sufficient.

We are more likely to go through an emotional depression as content becomes more and more scarce and characters continue to die off from boredom.

Yay. Go farms.

New players don’t need purchasing power anyways. /S

Actually it’s just the opposite. Sitting on your ISK in an inflationary environment LOSES purchasing power. Every second that goes by devalues your savings. Basic economics 101.

I think he made a slip there and meant deflation instead of inflation.

at least history of his posting in this thread would imply so.

1 Like

Removed some off topic posts.

1 Like

You can’t have inflation in EvE because there is no interest rate on debt.

Inflation only matters when your access to money supply is controlled by a debtor-creditor system or some cartel or beneficiary of the supply. (Such as a sovereign creating money to use himself.)

Changing prices of goods relative to each other are irrelevant to the change in money supply.

More money without a debtor-creditor relationship makes all prices cheaper equally in theory.

If inflation favors ONE group…then it can skew this. But how is the money supply in EvE inflated? To Null sec’rs only? To High sec’rs? To pve’ers?

Etc.

Considering inflation/deflation is a function of the money supply this is just…well…nonsense.

No. Inflation is a result of an increase in the money supply.

Sorry, I’m used to typing inflation…I meant deflation. Deflation means sitting on your ISK as it implies a positive real rate of return for doing so. Holding ISK in a deflationary environment makes you richer, so stop spending.

no that is a symptom of recession usually a result of no balls

no we dont
reduced growth is not deflation
this game has an infinite isk supply

so what
you still dont understand what a recession is or what you are talking about

Where can I see how much ISK was made in the wormholes?

Can’t tell if troll :thinking:

No, I’m not.

All Bounties and Miningvalues are divided into stellar areas.
Did I miss one for the wormholes?

Instead of talking about, how ingame currency should be measured. we should think about, that CCP itself can stay alive to keep that wonderful simulation alive. I am currently without any work, and are not able to spend my RL money into it, to keep that alive.

Thats the more important question, how CCP should survive, instead of ingame ISK currency.

this is ridiculous

So the reason i thought you might be trolling is that worm hole npc’s don’t have bounties.

The closest to bounties they have is when they drop ‘blue loot’ which can be sold to npc’s buy orders for isk.

So look in the isk faucets page for blue loot or whatever it might be called. But generally wh’s are about materials rather than isk.

But…they keep alive by you sending them money…

Oh, ok. I didn’t know there were no NPC ticks there.
But is there a list of all the wormholes separately (i mean all wormholes together as separated reportitem like Delve etc.)? Also for mining for example?
TY.
PS: I mean all say in wormholes you make a lot of money, but how much is a lot? I do not see it in the MER Report.

Aside from blue loot it probably does not have its own indicators.

It definitely does not have a break down per system. I doubt the residents would appreciate their system being advertised as an all you can eat buffet.

That’s the word I was missing.

So we know everything about any normal area, but nothing about what it looks like in the wormholes, right?

It’d also may be misleading to look at the MER.

Wormhole players do make buckets of isk but it’s mostly by trading material’s with other players. AND there is only a few wormhole players compared to k-space, so whilst individually you make a lot of isk, collectively they would look very small on the MER.

See that bit that says “Sleeper Components” on the graphs showing items sold to NPC’s…
That’s not tiny.