Please stop the nonsense about inflation

Jesus wept. Buy new brains.

1 Like

CCP obviously does okay without you.

1 Like

Did teckos ever come back i miss him

you know itā€™s kind of irresposible to tell us our economy is nonsense and just leave us high and dry for months like this

without your support teckos

You mean the person who claimed that any economy theory can be applied to any field and still be hold as science ?
Or the one who claimed that you can make stochastic models without knowing the probabilities ?

I donā€™t miss his BS.

he is your saviour anderson_getenā€¦
he is an economist irl ;/

That doesnā€™t make him a god.
He did have good insight, but it did feel like it also got misapplied now and then because of differences between EVE and RL.

2 Likes

It is.

Iā€™m always tempted.

No U.

Iā€™m not. I ignore the real world.

No we canā€™t.

Donā€™t want to.

Stop sitting in front of peopleā€™s faces. It is rude and blocks their view of the screen.

Ok, yes I am kinda bored. Iā€™ll go do something elseā€¦

1 Like

People believe their indoctrination.

I scan through the forums periodicallyā€¦

Itā€™s still profit. If someone offered to give you 10 million ISK for free would you refuse the offer because they arenā€™t giving you enough? Of course not, youā€™d take the free ISK because ISK is ISK. Same thing with this gank. The profit was more than zero, someone claimed that profit. That doesnā€™t make the person who claimed it a griefer or an asshole.

The simple fact is that if the expected value of your loot drops is more than the cost to gank your ship you are a target and you forfeit your right to complain when someone claims the profit from ganking you.

The 15 minutes as a criminal is worth more than 10 million ISKā€¦ In fact, the time it took me to reply to this apologetic is worth more than 10 million ISK. The time it took me to read this is worth more than 10 million ISK. lel
Youā€™re welcome.

not itā€™s not.

Remember, for him itā€™s free. Even if it took 24H of his life, itā€™s free. He would not mind picking up 1 cent if he had to remain stuck for 2 days for that.

His whole life is free for anyone to take.

1 Like

Not really? Itā€™s not like youā€™re limited to a single character. All you do is undock the next alpha gank alt while you wait for the cooldown on the first one. When alpha gank alts are effectively an infinite resource the only cost of a gank is the ship expended to do it, and if the expected profit is more than the cost of pressing F1 why wouldnā€™t you do it?

So now Iā€™m multiboxing to kill noobz. lol
#fuggedaboutit

Iā€™m not sure why this is so complicated. You multibox to kill everything you encounter with a positive expected value. If the ship/cargo scan value is more than 2x your cost to kill it you press F1 and scoop the loot. If not you move on. Thereā€™s no reason not to kill a smaller target, so you kill it while you wait for something better. You can complain all you want about how 10 million ISK isnā€™t much ISK (and it isnā€™t), but itā€™s still more than the zero ISK you make by not pressing F1.

This is not a reason to do anything. I do things for reasons . . . because Iā€™m ā€œreasonableā€. Now, what does that make YOU?

No, but positive expected value of pressing F1 is. I really donā€™t see why this is so hard for you to understand. Even if 10 million ISK isnā€™t much itā€™s still more than the zero ISK you get as an alternative, so obviously you take the small payout. Unless of course you arenā€™t concerned about making ISK, in which case you arenā€™t suicide ganking at all.

Now, do you have anything to add to the discussion besides ā€œLOLOLOLOLOL KILLING NOOBS LOLOLOLOLā€?

Itā€™s not hard to understand. Itā€™s absurd. I can make more money doing [any activity]. Why would I want to go through all the management processes necessary for that? Obviously not for ISK. But, if not for ISK, then . . . ā€œgank magnetā€? wat?! WHY?!

Apparently it is hard to understand because you still arenā€™t getting the point. You arenā€™t going out suicide ganking with a goal of killing ships like that, youā€™re hoping to get better kills. But between better kills you might as well also kill everything else that has a positive expected value. Youā€™re already there and the effort is already invested, all you have to do is press F1 and scoop the loot.

And then you lose 15 minutes.
You PAY 15 minutes. You GET 10 million ISK. But, in addition, you LOSE the opportunity to gank anything else for those 15 minutes with that character.
If you just went and killed NPCs for 15 minutes, you would still have a character ready to gank and you would have made some ISK and some sec status and you would not have incurred the cost of the gank. I think youā€™re just not seeing the forest through all the trees.
You have written off the cost of the action prior to doing the cost-benefit analysis. Of course if you donā€™t count all the overhead, your business makes a lot of money. If you sell coffee and you donā€™t count the cost of the cup, the coffee, the coffee maker, the sugar, the cream, the facility in which you sell the coffee, the business license, the advertisement, the time and effort spent planning and deploying your business strategy, etc. then, yeah, you make a lot of money selling coffee. Duh.
But once you start to factor all of that in, then you have to start wondering, ā€œWhy am I selling coffee?ā€

1 Like