Please Wait 9 Hours to Give More Likes :psyccp:

Shhh thats his importantist thoughts

2 Likes

Btw, where is this “access a private lounge area” advertised in the veteran badge?

It is one of NUMEROUS Discourse features disabled on EVE Forums.

My private lounge was inside CQ, but only I had access to it, because you know, PRIVATE.

4 Likes

I’m happy that PM’s/evemail are one of those disabled features, Fabulous Rod abused the hell out of a similar feature on the old forums with his hatemail campaigns.

I’m not done :smiling_imp:

Evemail integration?

1 Like

@CCP_Aurora If you tinker with useful features, would you please be so kind and find a way that I actually do not have to see new posts from users that I blocked? I keep seeing posts from Big Littery show up in my New section even though I blocked this character specifically. You know, that would be something you or CCP Avalon should improve on the forums. No one ever asked for outsourcing ISD jobs to ordinary players.

3 Likes

As I said early in the thread, these options and unlocked capabilities will just be gamed and abused.

It’s probably better if CCP employees who don’t know how this stuff work “buttons got pushed”, who don’t understand human nature and who very obviously can’t accurately predict outcomes (this mess) stay the ■■■■ away from pushing buttons and changing stuff.

2 Likes

I think I liked the previous version of forum better.

Before all those changes to likes etc.

Why change what was already working (sort of).

People were giving likes and nobody was able to mess with anything so much.

2 Likes

3 Likes

This please, to easy to get around, likes should be just that a like, not a reason to go up or down in trust. See a post with loads of likes and flag it (hope that the dude looking at the flag agrees with you and thus poof back down a lvl of trust?

1 Like

House arrest for facebook posts are a reality now, so who knows what future brings…

Holy :poop:

I’d probably come up with the same “solution” as well if I had a like ratio like yours. Your looking at this through a really tiny lens. I can come up with 10 better ways to deal with this situation without even trying that hard.

The first one being just let the regulars keep pushing boundaries and abusing their new found power. Once they annoy the ISD and CM enough over the next day or two, everything will be restored to what it was before.

Or pretty close to it.

I don’t care about likes lol, it’s more the fact that the whole system is easy to abuse. I wouldn’t waste my time making alts to get lvls of trust up ect. It should be left as it was, If you think a post is deserving of a like then like it if not carry on scrolling past. Yes you a more than likely right but removing the ability to edit others post for the Veteran badge holders has removed most of the problems that could of been used to annoy ISD ect. What other powers can you get for high lvl trust except the ability to like more posts?

Looks like you guys are having fun this morning!

Just to clarify, ordinary users are not getting moderation powers. The ability to re-title and re-categorize was perhaps the peak of that as far as discourse goes - and I’ve just disabled this default since it’s likely to cause more headache than benefit. No non-ISDs will be reviewing flags or anything along those lines.

I’m working on a proper posts to explain how things work, there really isn’t as much room for abuse here as you guys may fear. At this point trust level 3 is effectively just a shiny veteran badge unless I decide to re-enable the wiki post option (which may be useful for keeping updated guides, corporation lists, etc).

As was pointed out above this isn’t anything super ground breaking or new, you can see it implemented elsewhere quite well.

4 Likes

Those fellows look like fun.

Oh they have a game, I wonder what it is?

Gee sure looks swell, I might give it a try…

I stopped posting in the forum where it was “implemented quite well”.

They had a perfectly good forum over there and then ■■■■■■ it up by switching to this model. As did EVE-O in my opinion.

I know we’re stuck with it now. I’ve accepted that. But I’m still not happy about it.

3 Likes

Trust me. You don’t want to go down that rabbit hole. I hate what they’ve turned that game in to, but I’m still addicted to it. I play a solid month every season.