PLEX for GOOD for the Australian Bushfires is now underway!

We’re happy to announce that PLEX for GOOD for the Australian Bushfires has begun! Please read this dev blog for information on how you can donate for this cause. The campaign will run from now until midnight on Sunday, 26 January 2020.

Thank you again to all the members of the EVE Online community who have been calling for PLEX for GOOD to return!

8 Likes

IMPORTANT: CCP regards any scamming attempts surrounding PLEX for GOOD to be morally reprehensible, and any attempts at scamming relating to this program will be met with the harshest and swiftest action at our disposal. If you become aware anyone of attempting a scam related to PLEX for GOOD please notify us at support@eveonline.com

Can’t wait until I see the scum that complain about this rule

What are the odds we could get per-plex price info (or at least a close approximation) so we know how much money we’re donating? I know some guys would like to be able to spend enough ISK to donate exactly $100, for example - how many plex would they need to send to do it?

It would seem that 110 Plex is worth about $5, according to the pricing, give or take a penny.

The cost for a plex package, excluding the ‘free’ plex, seems to be: ((Number of Plex) / 110 * 5 - 0.01) dollars in the United States.

About 2,200 PLEX to donate $100 US Dollars.

Are you new here? Those people don’t exist. Have never existed, in fact, because no one does that.

1 Like

You can just buy plexes in a Jita and transfer them to GM

2 Likes

I’m just in for the wild animals, don’t let those fires evict them! defend their invul timers!

Love the idea of these plex for donations. I wont personally be donating as i live in Australia and i am a Volunteer Fire Fighter in West Australia. Went Over east to fight the fires for 2 weeks. I now back home fighting our fires. Some of my ingame and RL friends have seen some of the pics i have taken.
Its good to see how there are so many good people both here and abroad. I tip my hat to you all

Regards
MJ

4 Likes

Where do you throw plexes to the market. They wrote to you what to translate into CCP Plex For GOOD

In Russia, there was a natural disaster “flood”, but for some reason no one helped us in 2019 in the Irkudsk region. Why are we worse than Australia ?

I don’t believe anyone said you were worse than Australia.

1 Like

There were fires in California last year as well (well… which year ISN’T there at least one big wildfire in California might be a good question), and there was no Plex for Good for that. Same goes for multiple hurricanes (and now an earthquake) that have ravaged Puerto Rico.

CCP doesn’t run a Plex for Good for every single disaster. But they’re running one for the Australian fires. Isn’t that a good thing? One good thing, at least?

1 Like

Anybody remember what the Plex for Good was back in 2013 or 2014 or maybe 2015 was, btw? I remember taking part in one back then, probably the first one held after I joined the game in 2013. It was definitely after the Astero and Stratios were added to the game from Sisters of EVE, because there was a tie in to that new stuff.

I, ofc, wasn’t around for the initial Tsunami one (in-game, I mean).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/eq20er/plex_for_good_great_way_to_cash_out_of_the_game/ :heart_eyes:

https://i.redd.it/poyy5wuizeb41.png :heart_eyes:

I am sorry you had floods. I dont know how CCP choose where and who they will do Plex for Good , I am just grateful they do. Maybe some of the reasons Australia was chosen is because of how severe the fires are. I mean one of our states ( Yes 1 state ) has had more area burnt than the Amazon fire. We have several dozen fires that we cant stop and also 100’s of fires that are either out of control or still burning across the whole country. We are in the middle of our worst drought,Water is vary scarce and we are just beginning our fire season. I personally live on a few hundred acres and rely on rain for my water( Drinking to watering stock ) i just finished getting almost 500k litres of water trucked to my place to get my water tanks half full. As i said i am sorry you had floods but CCP has their own way i guess of choosing.
Regards
MJ

Are you serious? Have you seen the player base? These people would scam a puppy out of its last milkbone for 5 ISK. Or a shiny KillBoard.

The player base recognizes a difference between scamming people in game out of in game items and isk vs. stealing money from a real world charity’s fundraiser. That’s why, to my knowledge, people never have complained about this rule.

Inside the game, anything goes and you can do whatever you can get away with. Cross the line into the real world, though, and we expect people to be decent folks the same as any other group of gamers would.

1 Like

It is a very good event. Player in EVE can really do something to the world event. Excellent