PLEX for GOOD campaign is coming soon!

Caring capsuleers! CCP will soon be conducting a new PLEX for GOOD campaign to raise funds for those affected by the severe bushfires that are currently raging in Australia. It has been incredibly distressing watching this disaster unfold and it has affected us at CCP deeply but we are heartened to witness the amazing EVE Online community calling for PLEX for GOOD to return and lend a hand. More details will be coming next week.

52 Likes

Super glad to hear, I knew you guys would come through for this :heart: :australia:

7 Likes

Nice to see this from ccp

4 Likes

â– â– â– â–  yeah!

2 Likes

this used to be a regular thing a few years ago , its nice to see the comunity helping others once again

3 Likes

Hey your post just said “i want some plex” and you’ve changed it.
Don’t think I didn’t see that, mate.

: - )

2 Likes

haha shhhhhhhh ,

TBH i read the OP completly wrong , then felt bad

1 Like

I will give PLEX, but I am doing it only for trees (and people).

I like smoked kangaroo.

7 Likes

Wow I love this! :kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes:

Nana!

2 Likes

Are you going to use that money to lobby against further coal extraction? Because everything else would just be a temporary band-aid at best.

Australia is going to burn next year all the same. And the year after that too.

2 Likes

They need to reforest with something else than eucalyptus tho.

Aucalyptus burns like gasoline. And grows after bushfires like crazy.

1 Like

It’s the sad reality that in some places the “new climate” no longer supports forests. In those places the forest will dry out, be attacked by pests and die or burn.

3 Likes

Damn arsonists, you can’t have nothin’

1 Like

There is always a slight chance Australia will do the smart thing and start preventive bush clearing again. I suggest a 25% emergency tax on all public servants in the meantime.

3 Likes

CCP Convict. I have some raw video footage of Bells Line of Road (in NSW) captured within days of the road being re-opened. Let me know if this is of interest for this campaign.

1 Like

Luckily for Australia native species are adapted for fire and drought. In many cases they require fire for seed germination (they are Pyrophytic) and to reduce vegetation to allow new growth to compete.

Eucalypts for example are lignotubers, and the buds in the base of the tree are stimulated by fire burning the tree. There are many species that have seeds that lie within a hard pod that only open when temperatures from fires are reached.

So here, fire is integral to the plant life cycle in many cases.

The issue is always the boundary between people and the bush. Fires present risks to us, and in recent times, the ability of native fauna in particular to recover has been reduced due to shrinking habitat.

Eastern Kangaroos, wombats, snakes, etc. will all recover fine. NSW has lost an estimated 1/3rd of the Koala population though. That is going to need a lot more intensive support to help recovery, and there are many communities where the recovery requires almost complete rebuild from the ground up. It’s going to be a long process (and fires will continue to be part of that).

4 Likes

May plex bring all the love and help anyone deserve. :heart:

1 Like

That’s the whole point of euclayptus . Burn all effin’ competence and reign alone. They shed highly flammable leafs and bark so fires kill all younger trees from other species, then eculayptus seeds grow undisturbed for years. By the time the other trees are recovering, young ecualyptus are already dropping seeds an readying the next fire to start the cycle again.

The point being, nobody was supposed to live among those arsonist trees, and whenever a forest started reproduction season by burning down, other animals in other forests would just repopulate the blazed one. Again, nobody was supposed to meddle in the process by building roads or houses or whatever.

Personally, I would never live in a house in the woods. Not even our not-so-flammable woods. Or if I did, I would surround my house with a double-thick barrier of full grown cypresses, which a) kill everything else around them with toxic roots and b) while they’re alive they take a firestorm to begin cosnsidering a chance of burning. Even their dead leaves are hard to burn. And make wonderful windstoppers too.

7 Likes

Too late for a hypernet tie in?

I put an at ship or Titan up, 3 day timer. Plex or hyper cores buy tickets. Plex for good takes all the plex or cores? Someone wins a titan CCP throws in a unique skin for Titans? Fire Truck themed?

2 Likes

Thanks for making this happen.

2 Likes