PLEX is very expensive right now thread

The problem is that almost 50% of new ISK is generated by ~5% of players (carrier pilots), which means that the max price of PLEX is not determined by the majority of players, but by the top 5%. The average player is squeezed out of the PLEX market. Catering to whales will have a devastating effect on a game like EVE, especially when you consider that PLEX these days is more an input material for SP farms, than a sub payment option for active players.

6 Likes

CCP would have to flatten the ISK generation across the board. Redesign how it all works.

1 Like

That’s because Eve is very expensive right now. Let’s be real–$15 a month to play an 11 year old game is too high–I can understand maybe $9.99 - but the premium rate just is hard to justify in 2017 from a 2003 title.

4 Likes

$15 for a game that is constantly updated.

also inb4 2003

8 Likes

No kidding, nice edit – $15 for a 2003 title.

2 Likes

that, Sir and or Madam, was hilarious! XD

I’m sorry, wot m8?

Considering the content we got along with the content we’re getting, $15/month is not a bad deal.

3 Likes

You can play alpha for free. That’s a big part of EVE Online. Also it’s the HARDCORE version as you are a little limited. But you can enjoy a large part of the game all for free!

If you don’t like limitations, you can either cry on the forums, demand everything for free as you have probably legal grounds to demand it. Or you can ask if they would lower the price to what you think is ok for CCP to charge for their product as you as a customer are actually their CEO because that is how business works and you are entitled to everything.

If you really aren’t the special snowflake I think you are and like to think about the options you have you will come to something like this :

• Full Ingame effort : Make around 1.3billion ISK per month and buy the PLEX from the ingame market with ISK
  • Partial Ingame effort : Make a part of the 1.3 billion isk by playing and PLEX the rest.
  • Full outgame effort : Get a job, ask your mom or dad, get a loan, … do anything that get you money but doesn’t land you in prison. And get a subscription, this is by far the cheapest and will you make enjoy the game most in my humble opinion.
11 Likes

i like how you point out the actual elephant in the room:

The Hunt for Whales.

1 Like

You get the cookie. Most money is made in the markets not some null-sec ratter.

PS: This post was made caffeine free.

/resist

2 Likes

Money is not made in the markets. It’s actually destroyed in the markets.
The markets make money ‘move’ which is a completely different thing.

8 Likes

yes but that level of income (or even higher) is available from a few other sources as well, that said carrier ratting is the only one that does it in pure isk. There are many ways to make a ton of isk that used to not be around

3 Likes

what happened to letting rats warp off if something they dislike shows up in the anom

4 Likes

Eve is out of balance, not because of Plex, but ratting drop rates. Same thing is happening with Rogue Drones, a few people are getting all the lot, and driving more ISK to the market. But CCP is trying to drive inflation to their benefits, but it is going against them. Prices on T1 ships, for example, keep going down. Citadels, which should be money pits are driving the need for more ISK, and the making of more ISK. So the universe is growing but ISK is growing faster. CCP can not manage the invisible hand. Only thing left is to either have a great war, raise the costing of a monthly plex play, or give omegas 100 mil isk for free with their monthly $15. You ask how will that help, it will cause everything to go up in price, a massive infation that will bring the value of the trillions in old ISK down.

Why do you think Goon leadership allows their members to smuggle Isk out of Delve to buy PLEX in Jita? It’s a means of converting their fiat holdings into real assets and building fifth columns simultaneously. They’re playing the long game.

What I really like in this discussion is the complete focus on ISK generation as the sole cause of rising prices.

What I would like to see is PLEX sales data for the last 3/6/12 months. I have a funny feeling reduced supply is a strong contributing factor here.

2 Likes

Sudden rise may be an effect of all those things combined.

1 Like

Whatever the reason for the stiff hike in cost, it looks likely to drive me out of the game. I have two accounts–one paid for with a subscription and one paid for by PLEX based on in-game income. For the past few years, I could earn enough to sustain that second account and keep up with isk inflation. Now I will have to change my style of play drastically to earn more isk for PLEX. This will not happen. Right now, I’m having to sell off my unused in-game assets to keep up with inflation, but those will get eaten up in the next few months. So the second account disappears, and the subscription account will almost certainly go with it. Too bad, but that’s life. Eve will certainly survive without me.

3 Likes

No money is made in the market, it only changes hands. That’s a huge difference.

1 Like

Considering all the updates and balance passes they do, EVE is a new game every couple of years.

1 Like