PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Inflation has been rife in EVE for many years now, but isk faucets are everywhere. Even newbies can earn a big fat pile of cash if they know how to.
This leads to further inflation as incomes rise and prices rise alongside.

Plex is now used for many, many other things than just game time. This also increases demand.
Supply is reduced by hoarders and speculators.
Both of these also push prices up.

However, not being able to afford 500 Plex every 30 days is no longer the “game over” situation it used to be.
You just drop down to Alpha capped skills and carry on earning isk until you CAN afford the 500 Plex you need for another 30 days of Omega status.

Just chill out, enjoy playing EVE and stop stressing out about being able to afford 500 Plex every 30 days.

2 Likes

Hopefully the price will come down soon… lol we can only hope…

We need some more big battles!

plex is precisely as easy to get now as it has ever been. 20 dollars on the payment method of your choice was, is, and always will be (with the exception of the miniscule amounts of plex that have been handed out over the years as event rewards) the only way that new plex enters the market.
okay, maybe it is SLIGHTLY easier now than it used to be. these days just about every debit card can also work for online purchases, making it slightly more accessible. but thats a banking technology thing, not a ccp thing.

Price has come down which is why there are less whines at the moment.

Market generally corrects itself according to supply and demand which, according to how it looks on the forum, is an alien concept to some.

Erm, ok.

I was talking about ingame, like when plex used to be 200 mil and people complained when it hit 500 mil etc.

When plex was 200mil making 10mil/hr was considered good. when plex was 500mil making 30mil/hr was considered good.

price of plex has been on the rise yes. but the isk/hr it is possible to make was rising even faster. the price of plex matters very little in the long run, its how affordable it is which is relative to the income potential. and that affordability will always track with the upper end of income potential.

People just got spoiled because their potential income kept rising, while the price of plex didn’t quite keep up. it went from plex being something that only the upper end of players could afford regularly, to something that everyone could afford with some work, then to something that anyone who wanted one and could sit in a cruiser could get in a weekend. Now the market is correcting itself back upwards. it might take some actual effort now. plexing your account was always a luxury not a right.

2 Likes

Hmmm. This seems very inaccurate. Funny that it seems to reinforce the point your making so well.

You know that CCP does a lot of manual market balancing? Also price of Omega was 500 and still 500 even though PLEX is also used now for store items…

So do governments in name of market regulations.

What’s new?

The point is that the price is that high because of CCP actions and not because of supply/demand thing.

It’s true but only partially. Since 1 year ago the isk/h did go down while the PLEX price did go up twice as much as before.

My government, Canadian, added extra 10% tax to gas because it was too cheap which I don’t agree.

So, you claim CCP has done something similar.

I ask again, what’s new?

They raised taxes because they needed money, not because it was too cheap. Their “excuse” choice is fakt up thou.
As if people had choice what to buy. Especially in Canada where you need gas to power many small cities 2500 km closest to any powergrid and the snowbikes or whatever you guys use.

1 Like

And my smoke, Belmont, went up from 11 to 15 in 3 years.

You think only plex is going up?

And somehow the price of subscription has remained untouched for about a decade now.

It’s almost like the game is even more affordable now.

2 Likes

Did you read what I said?

Aye, officer. I simply replaced CCP with government.

And how is it relevant to the topic?

CCP is the government in Eve.
You cite CCP’s actions mar the market. So does the government.

So, it is nothing unusual that CCP meddles in.

1 Like

I see. We have over 450 confirmative posts.
I have only one question:
“What price the PLEX should have, considering current capsuleers fat pockets and economy rating?”