PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Obvious. 1 isk.

Even then someone might complain.

At 1 isk though, I expect none for sale. Who’d spend 20 bucks to earn 1 isk?

1 Like

Everyone has their cut off point. I personally use PLEX to fund a second account and pay R/L money to pay for my main account. I guess for me the “annoyance” is not the price as such but trying to find an activity that allows me to earn the almost 1.6b it costs for a 30 day plex, without spending my entire online time chasing that amount.

When I am playing say 60+% of my time in order just the fund the plex, then I may as well lapse the second account to a Alpha status.

It is different things for different people though. I do think they way the game is designed though you need more that 1 account, especially in Null, WH space (ive no experience of LS), at the same time I cannot afford for spend almost £240 a year on a game (hence plexing 1 account).

But as with everything it is about choices, I can choose to pay 1.6b isk for a 30 day plex, or not. and as such it may mean I have to make some decisions about my game play style.

For some it is very expensive and for others it isnt. But for me it has made little difference. I’m still pretty much able to get what I want/when I want it. And if its a bit out of reach financially it turn into a content driver for me because I got to go out there and make me some isks. I take a little care every once in a while to make sure I don’t get to much money stacked up and get lazy.

Good news, everyone! Plex going down. They say its new WWBee aproaching.

Do you mean those flashing red circles in the North and South regions last week over Average Pilots in Space landmark?

1 Like

They also made some videos, some statements on goon’s site, etc. I guess, there is somethig cool hapening

If plex was 1 isk the forums would explode in anger when they hit 2 isk.

There would be a lot of “Doesn’t CCP know that 2 isk is worth 15 days work in Guatemala!!!” posts appearing lol.

2 Likes

They would have a valid point.

I mean, 2 isk is 100% increase from 1 isk.

2 Likes

Troll much?

1 Like

This whole thread is troll. Plex price will always fluctuate. Complaining when it gets high and no complain when it gets lower is double-standard.

What about the sellers? Only 1.5b ish for 20 bucks?

I just can’t stop laugh when I remember when ppl been telling me that im stupid if the “plex system change from CCP would touch the PLEX (game time) market”;
In your face.

CCP did this (dividing plex into smaller pieces) to rise a plex price, so u have to spend more time if you want to play for free.

PS: Haha nice try CCP :slight_smile:

If you can’t distinguish systematic prize increases from temporary fluctuations then you fail rather hard at economics.

1 Like

It’s only a concern for CCP if they think the PLEX will not get used. As long as ll the PLEX get used, it can be by someone from Ukraine who can’t earn 15$ of “luxury expense” or me in Canada who totally can and it all amount tot he same for CCP.

It will only really matter to CCP that people from poorer countries can’t play once the richer country stop being able to gobble up all the PLEX on the market. At the end of the day, CCP want to PLEX to get used. If they are getting used, the price in ISK is by definition not too high.

Are you stupid? Price does not just fluctuate. It’s raising all the time.

You clearly do not understand that if you in Canada have an option, a lot of people in the poor countries do not have this option. The only way for them to keep playing is farming isk for the PLEXes. This is CCP mistake to set monthly subscription cost for the countries such as Ukraine or Belorussia to as much as 1/5 of average salary. And we’re talking here about PER account price. EVE is one of the few MMORPGs out there which actually makes it almost mandatory to have at least 2 omega accounts at the same time, so here we go up to almost half of the average salary. So yeah… the only real option is PLEX and CCP actions again are causing the PLEX prices to rapidly raise while at the same time even lowering the income by nerfing DED escalation rates, by nerfing the drop chances for faction battleship BPCs, by nerfing fighters DPS etc…
This is what this topic is about: to point out that people are leaving the game due to this situation. Is it a concern for CCP? Of course it is!

2 Likes

As you’ve been told time and time again, being poor does not entitle you to anything.

Ever occur to you that CCP doesn’t care if the poor people leave? The poor people don’t pay the bills.

Ever occur to you there’s a very valid reason CCP removed Aurum and made everything PLEX purchasable after making a free to play program for the freeloaders? Alpha is there specifically for those who can’t affford a sub to still play EvE.

Skins sell, clothing sells, skill extractors and injectors most definitely sell. In fact, skill injectors make a lot more isk quicker and easier than relying on the freeloading plebs. And there will be more things in the shop to come that will sell.

There’s no longer any need for CCP, or more importantly the paying playerbase, to “make PLEX reasonable” for the freeloaders. The freeloader is now a non-entity in EvE financials. PLEX has actual value for actual things in the game and that value is now free to increase or decrease as it will because it’s no longer tied to the freeloaders’ tears.The poor freeloader has found themselves where most freeloaders find themselves: in the gutter.

However, PLEX is no longer required for cretins to play for free, as you can all now play for free as long as you want as an Alpha.

Don’t like the gutter, MR/MRS Alpha? Can’t afford PLEX or a sub? Leave. Buh bye.

CCP and the paying player can’t make it any clearer for you.

TL,DR
PLEX value is no longer tied to the whims of freeloaders.
Freeloaders can now play forever for free as Alphas, or leave.
CCP is not, and has absolutely no reason to be, concerned if your freeloading ass leaves.

4 Likes

Lol, if you google freeloader you can see it doesn’t mean what you think it means. “Freeloaders” are the ones driving the price of plex up so I’m sure they’re making the people paying real money for them happy. Win win.

(facepalm) CCP care for every people’s pay. It’s their business.

If people are leaving it’s a lose/lose situation as a matter of fact. I know of such people and their number is raising.

So Ferrari should sell car for 15k$ in Ukraine because their income is not enough to afford a 240k one? It’s bound to be a problem for them if people in Ukraine can’t buy their cars if it’s a problem for CCP if they can’t play their MMO.

Or maybe those 2 corporation decide that their product should not be priced around the local income level in Ukraine for whatever reason that might be. I mean, they do it for Russia so maybe the people in Ukraine should figure out why CCP does not offer it in Ukraine too. Meanwhile, go back to grinding ISK if you want to play for ISK and not 15$.

7 Likes