PLEX is very expensive right now thread

My granny had a saying " cut your coat according to your cloth".

“a lot of people in the poor countries do not have this option” …really? If you live in an area that would make the cost of playing a video game prohibitive then make a judgment call; ‘should I put my personal pleasure ahead of other considerations like food and paying the bills??’, if the answer was yes, then pay for the plex (or whatever it is) or legally farm the ISK if you feel that’s quality gaming. If the answer is ‘no’ then carry on making sensible decisions and find something you can afford to do that doesn’t compromise your achievable lifestyle.

But don’t expect special snowflake status just because you feel you have some inalienable right to play a computer game…

7 Likes

LOL
something is wrong with your math, 2017 - 2003 - > your answer 11? I think you need to recount that :slight_smile:
Your logic is just as broken as math.

1 Like

$15 in 2003 ad more buying power than it does today. That means that people getting EVE for 15 bucks today are getting it cheaper (relatively speaking) than they were in 2003.

If CCP tied EVE to the inflation rate of the U.S. dollas we’d be paying 19 bucks a month for 30 days game time.

Can you imagine paying 63 cents per day of EVE? ■■■■ that. Too expensive. I’m out.

Ferrari is physical and can be resold that’s why it cannot be exported cheaper for the poorer countries. So it’s incorrect analogy.
Games and and a lot of software for the Ukraine, Russia, etc are sold much cheaper than for EU or US already. That’s a normal practice because selling 10000 copies of the game for $10 each is way more profitable than selling 1000 copies for $40 each. Even a brain-dead should understand that.

As of July 2016, the federal government in USA mandates a nationwide minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. In my country its $2.93 per hour as of 1 January 2017.

as I dont pay sub.

Ferrari is very expensive right now thread:)

1 Like

how dare ccp not accept payment in coconuts and dried fish!!! don’t they know that is the primary currency in some parts of the world!

2 Likes

You would end up with people complaining about the game costing too many coconuts to play.

4 Likes

Well to be fair they could make some financial concession for poorer countries, as is the norm in licenced goods offered worldwide. Let’s not be entitled rich boys here on the forum.

The problem with making concessions is that rich people will use fake IP addresses to obtain PLEX at a budget to sell in game for ISK. It’s the crux of EVE’s marketing model.

1 Like

The PLEX price (in real world currency) is fine. The sub cost is clearly not.

The poor always think everything is not cheap enough. Can you back your statement with more than your opinion?

Well, how about you read my posts above first before commenting?

[quote=“Frostys_Virpio, post:504, topic:4547”]
The poor always think everything is not cheap enough[/quote]

It’s not really rich vs poor IMO, there are plenty of EVE players from poorer countries (or in rich countries but with low personal incomes)that aren’t in this thread complaining, and most people who complain about plex prices are from rich countries and spend more than $15 USD per day on frivolous ■■■■■■■■ with less utility for them than a month of EVE gametime..

They just think 15 bucks is too much for a game, but that’s insane to me.

Interesting point of view here:

If true, war is good for everyone.

1 Like

Welll… Yeah…

Just recently talked to guy who was EvE player at some point. Was discussing today’s prices and he said that “EvE is too expensive”.

Asked some questions i found that he spends about 100 RUB every 1-2 days on smoking… And this is like 1/3 of EvE subscription here…

2 Likes

Rich think the same. Always when you ask the fat cat how he get his riches, he will tell you something like “I always watch the price” or “Sell high, buy low”. But if anything can get cheaper, rich will always make it cheaper, to undermine competition.

1 Like

I think 500 PLEX will be around 3B in a year. Look at chinese server, it was around 3B there too. Tranquility is becoming Serenity when you take into account the composition of players and where they are moving, to what activities. And PLEX was rising even when there was no skill extractors.

I’ve read through several dozen posts, to catch up.

Indifferent of any and all opinions, there is one point that needs correction:

If CCP had issues with the high price of plex, and saw a problem in the making, they would address it somehow. CCP wants plex to go up, though, because they want it as a luxury item. Yes, it makes sense, because most stuff they sell can be bought via plex, which means that a low plex price actually hurts income. It would be beneficial for them if more people bought items using real money, which also would drop the price a bit, but considering the demand this “bit” really wouldn’t be much.

Their actions clearly indicate that this is what they want, so believing that players leaving due to the price are an issue, is simply wrong.

Sorry about that. I know you don’t want to read that, because you think you and everyone else matters, but you simply don’t. If you did, and if there was a problem then it would be addressed.

From the looks of it, you guys are covered by the option to play as Alpha, which is a completely legitimate thing to do from CCP’s standpoint. The fact that you do not want to play as Alpha, because you refuse to lower your “standards of living” is not CCP’s concern. It’s yours and yours alone.

That’s what appears to be the most common thing among all those who complain about the high price. It is NOT the price that is the actual issue, but the refusal to play as Alpha.

If i could get people to use this point on all those who complain, which allows automatic dismissal of any and all other arguments… that’d be great.

Fact is: people can still play, but refuse to play. As people refuse to accept the available option and rather quit, they have no ground to speak on.

2 Likes

Rule of aquisition #34: War is good for business.

This link will grow me some fans. :grin:

4 Likes