PLEX is very expensive right now thread

I’ll just disagree and say I don’t think CCP is above creating a trickle of NuPLEX (because they can’t seem to manage things like making rats warp away from supers).

1 Like

with NuPLEX, CCP has 500 times the granularity of a PLEX faucet now. It’s not as if a full conventional PLEX is being given out to one person. Instead it’s a diffuse distribution to affect the market softly. Do you know how long it takes to grind these challenges for The Agency? Right now the PLEX reward is showing a quantity of 1.

They’ve already tried giving away PLEX too. Back when AUR was converted to NuPLEX it was essentially a test run of a micro PLEX faucet.

1 Like

As long as they are not creating PLEX from thin air, a perceived ingame PLEX faucet is certainly not a problem … though CCP’s goal must be to bring as much customers as possible to buy PLEX with cash while keeping the game healthy. Tricky, because atm it seems not enough people consider PLEX prices high enough to invest RL money into EvE, maybe because getting PLEX (and ISK) ingame is too easy?

1 Like

Yeah I mean there’s no way to verify the PLEX accounting, and whether it comes from confiscated PLEX.

Maybe I don’t understand the importance of PLEX integrity, but it seems to me if the goal is balancing the ISK value of PLEX, what’s the issue with some of it being magicked into existence?

Has an equilibrium figure ever been released, where at _____ ISK sell price per month of game time, play-for-PLEX subscribers and real-money PLEX sales are optimal

2 Likes

Trust. People trust PLEX because it can only come into existence with RL cash. If you break that, the price would crash and so CCP’s business. Everybody would be Omega and alts “for free”.

The real figures to balance this out, only CCP knows, I hope they know.

In my opinion, PLEX is dirt cheap for consumers considering a) the available ISK making options ingame and b) the fact, that you get unlimited Omega alts for free if you sell surplus SP.

I just don’t share your faith in the always-purchased-with-real-money integrity of PLEX. The old PLEX might have crashed the market with a faucet, but I still think the 1/500 split of PLEX can be manipulated with less catastrophic impact.

2 Likes

duuude, @Tipa_Riot did you see this

They will create plex now, trickling it into the system.

Maybe that is their way to deal with the ISK losing value and PLEX becoming too much hassle to obtain for ISK. Lets print PLEX now so it will lose value. :grin:

But I think its more like a “look! shiny PLEX! nudge nudge” more than anything with those values of PLEX created.

You can earn microtransaction currency in other games too. Its like that in LoTRO, only you cant sell currency for in game gold. You can farm that currency even better than here. But CCP is limited in what they can do with dropping PLEX because they sell it and if someone would find a way to farm it and sell on market, CCP would limit their profits.

Yep, this opens Pandora’s box. If the number created is << compared to the already sold and confiscated PLEX (like technically “created”) this may not harm, but the message is out of the box now, and the answer to your question couldn’t be more clear.

As said low PLEX prices in ISK can’t be CCP’s interest.

1 Like

I’ve heard there’s a point where expensive PLEX (in ISK) is bad because a lot of players will decide it’s not worth the time to grind so much ISK for a month of playtime. Not high end players, but the masses who run level 4 missions, for example.

There was an official figure of 60,000 nuPLEX released for the last event, but I don’t immediately believe official figures.

3 Likes

All we can is guessing, we don’t know the exact figures, how many buy PLEX for cash and how many subscribe for cash. Both player groups make CCP live. Players who only buy PLEX ingame for ISK are not relevant economically unless they negatively influence the PLEX buyers and subscribers.

2 Likes

I fixed your one, and raised you one :

PS: I buy PLEX with RL money from CCP, it makes me happy. You should try it too. Money does make people happy. And the higher the PLEX price, the more ISK I get. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you are addressing me, I was kinda being a bit sarcastic about folks yelling about plex prices constantly.

1 Like

Too bad they changed their mind about carriers nerf.

1 Like

In that case, I apologize sincerely. I got my meme opportunity and grabbed it with both of my kek hands.

5 Likes

Except it does. Commodity (NPC market [wormhole and overseer loot]). The only part of the market that’s a faucet. Everything traded between players is a sink (taxes), as no new ISK is introduced. It’s just shuffled from one person to another.

there already was plex dropping from rogue swarm.

But the number was so tiny that you could not make 1M/hour chasing them.

Someone is hoarding PELX and will crush the market at some point just for the LOLz and some internet fame. This will be so much fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hehe, maybe he will be completely inefective at crashing when other guys will buy it all in a few minutes and the price will return immediately to the high levels.

1 Like

Behold, the anatomy of market PvP.

1 Like