PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Wrong.
See point C) in my previous post.

Wrong. See my edit.

its not ā€œfreeā€.

It involves time/effort and opportunity cost.

Or are you now claiming minerals you mine yourself are ā€œfreeā€?

Be very careful how you answer.

If itā€™s possible to sell this via contract or forum then my idea is what people should do if they want game time alone. Has anyone got any views or facts related to this?

I hope CCP investigates your accounts.

You stink to high heaven of an RMT trader.

Your way of talking is very wrong Salvos. you know full well what I was debating over the last 2 weeks and yet you imply I am a RMT?

What are you angry with me for pointing out the major flaws in your idea? I realise youre impossible to debate with. I have seen your interactions on other threads and I saw people having the same problem with you as I am having with you now. Why cant you see that if your idea is implemented everyone will jump on it and in about about a year Eve will shut down due to earning no money from sub and plex sales.?

FYI, the Steam time code I linked can only be used on steam powered Eve accounts. and all the other links talking about GTC are actually nuplex once I click the links and investigate further. So again youre wrong, they do not sell GTC.

GTCs are still sold by CCP validated 3rd parties.

Your entire premise of your ridiculous proposal felll apart when I looked into it.

But thats just It, you did not look into it you just read the links page, I actually clicked them and saw what was for sale and it was nuplex. read my last post.

So this is what you do huh? you only focus on the Proā€™s of your ideaā€™s and never the cons?

Well I focus on the cons even before I type my ideas, I try very hard to prove my own ideas wrong thats what debating is all about. I am on these forums to gain knowledge and pass on knowledge. Even earlier I learned of a game called Stormborne which was made by ex ccp employees, Iā€™m gonna fire it up in a short while.

When talking on here itā€™s important to keep chilled and be open to your ideas being scrutinised, Iā€™m telling you man Eve is serious business for some of us so we will debate it carefully and be happy when someone corrects us or finds flaws in our ideas.

I hope I have given you food for thought Salvos.

1 Like

So what?

500 nuplex= 1 month sub ingame.

The ingame and retailer market all are subservient to that.
PLEX is now fragmented, and the currency of choice for various services.

i wouldnt have come after you otherwise, but your resistance to my proposal as you argued raises questions about your own motivation.

Both of us have agreed that the price of PLEX ingame is too damn high as to support newer players, yet you not only resist my suggestion to introduce more PLEX supply via ingame effort, but stick to this weird GTC thing.

Something stinks there. According to your earlier posts you should he supportive of my suggestion, yet you resist with ad hominem and this GTC strangeness.

Are you one of those guys that used to trade in the old paper/digital GTCs ? Is that your angle?
Im starting to get a serious RMT smell off you.

What, exactly, do you mean by EVE being a ā€œserious businessā€ for you?

You seem to type antagonising things in the hope of getting a rise from me. CCP are totally free to check all of my accounts for RMT. My 14 years of playing would never be jeopardised by buying isk/plex from an illegal source, thats just plain stupid.

Listen, if you canā€™t come to a logical conclusion with your idea then I donā€™t really know what to say to you. One should be able to theoretically put their idea into practice and understand what would happen. Youā€™ve avoided answering any question regarding how CCP will make money if your idea is implemented. This is definitely not a good way to debate salvos.

I could never support any idea that will effectively ruin ccpā€™s income to the extent they will have to shut down.

Ive specifically answered this in my proposal and subsequent posts.
History shows that people have bought PLEX for less than half of the currnt ingame value.
CCP earns on subs and PLEX, regardless.
-Those that earn serious isk, buy PLEX from other players inorder to sub.
-Those that cant, buy A) a sub b) PLEX from CCP instead, if they can afford it.
That is how the system works.

The irony in this, is you are the guy that thinks PLEX for time will average out at 500-700mil, yet you have the balls to suggest my proposal of perhaps 6 nuplex/hr (worth 24mil/hr) will somehow reduce CCPs income more than your proposal that hits PLEX value right in the knee at less than 1/4 of current value?

Wtf man.

Im not trying to ā€œget a riseā€ out of you, but your angles arent lining up.
To me, you are contradicting yourself, and to me, that means you are being dishonest.

In my proposal plex/gametime is still purchased with a credit card which will secure ccpā€™s money so they are in a position to provide Eve.

Your proposal involves giving a plex to a pilot for doing a type of agent mission. The rate at which plex was given for the said missions was 2/3 per hour, so 4 hours doing this could net you 12 plex. doing those 4 hours every day for 30 days would earn you up to 360 plex. Remember you said everyone can do this, so if everyone could earn over 300 plex from doing a few hours everyday, can you explain where CCpā€™s income will come from?

Sub and plex sales is what pays CCPā€™s bills this is a fact. Your idea puts that in jeopardy can you see this?

And?

If you did something else for those 4hrs, for 30 days, you could earn much more isk with which to buy the PLEX that others have introduced, whether through my proposed content or from PLEX purchasers from CCP.

Would you grind 4hrs a day for a net profit of 48 mil?

I woudlnt, and wont, but some new players might, which I thought was our common goal.

The purpose of my suggestion is only to dull the edge of PLEX price, as well as to provie a means for new players to earn isk by supplying the market with a commodity that is always in demand and of which the market is starved, as well as an opportunity for Alphas to eventually sub their own account.

As you calculated yourself, a player running this content for 4hrs a day, for a month, will still fall far short with 360 PLEX of the 500 required to sub as Omega. And, as I said, that estimate was an impossible extreme owing to time required to find/transit to the sites. The reality is closer to less than half of that result.

My proposal isnt going to wreck CCPs bottomline, by any means, nor the PLEX market.

Plex will always be a product that CCP wants cash for. There is no other legal way to get plex into the game. thats really all there is to it.

1 Like

That is demonstrably false.

CCP has already introduced PLEX as an ingame reward.

Stop lying.

CCP can legally introduce PLEX into the game as much as they want, however they want.
Technically they own all of it, and everything in it.

A CCP dev having partied a little too much on Christmas EVE (pun intended) could surprise us with 1bil PLEX per account, and you would have zero legal recourse to whine about it.
Again, you are lying.

PM me in game Salvos. I can suggest some natural herbs that will calm you down and give you a fresh perspective. They sell them at shops like ā€œwhole foodsā€ and ā€œAs Nature Intendedā€. I used a natural herb for 3 months last year and it changed my life in a positive way. My attitude is happier and Iā€™m getting on with people better.

Chat soon o7

Thanks for the offer of holistic medicinal advice, but Im doing fine as is.
In reciprocation, Id advise you to double your dosage, or stop them all together, as apparently they are impairing you from staying ontopic.

Returning to topic, mark my words, PLEX will become an ingame reward systemically.
My logic is sound and conducive to CCPā€™s and the player baseā€™s best interest.

This game needs more PLEX influx, and if it cannot be incentivized by monetary purchase, it must be done by ingame means. As I outlined in my proposal, the higher PLEX rises, the more player will pursue the PLEX content, thus engaging more players in that content as well as increasing the potential of emergent content related to that instance, especially since the ships holding the PLEX can be intercepted before they reach a station to deposit their PLEX for safe keeping.

No, but the electricity and the computer equipment for bitcoin mining isā€¦bitcoin has been described as a synthetric commodity currency.

They actually serve different purposes. For example, bitcoin was designed to work as a currency, Ethereum has a different purpose. It has a crypto currency component, but that is not what it was specifically designed for.

Good one!

Okay, I get a PLEX and CCP gets no money. They get a liability with no upside. It is a bad idea.

Yes, in a small and minimal way. Mehā€¦v0v

These quotes are contradictory.

Yes, PLEX earned ingame willi nominally marginally affect CCPs PLEX/sub revenue at first glance, but:
-It has been shown that people have bought PLEX/subs at half the current isk value for years.
-The rate of PLEX introduction per my proposal is very small, especially per capita.
-The upside is better isk dispersion, potential for emergent content and better retention of new players as well as old players that purchase the PLEX ingame at a better price.