PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Your estimate was of 30k site completions per day.
Not of net 30k PLEX introduction per day.
Your result of site completion was roughly double of mine, my 14,400 vs your 30k.

Be honest, bro.

We can discuss what form/figures this would take.
Ive presented several options to reduce the rate of PLEX introduction from the hypotheitcal proposal that all of you asked to see.

No, not going to bother. You’ve quite clearly shown you are going to play games and not discuss it honestly.

Your math is exactly the same math I used. And any number I threw out there you’d say, “LOLWUT, Teckos you are a retard.” (which is pretty much what you wrote…)

So, you have fun talking to yourself in this thread.

Show me where you estimated a net introduction of 30k PLEX per day.

Also, how many PLEX are you currently sitting on?

No. there are 1090 HS systems.
1090 players looking, is one player/system in HS.
1200 is more than one per system.

Furthermore, there is no reason to expect that each HS system will simultaneously, at all times, have one player looking for this site.

People have better things to do than spend 10mins running a site for a 6mil payout.

Probably he was trying to sell out/ bail out from CCP earlier this year, but didn’t find a greater fool interested to buy CCP for the VR before the VR fad faded. Now the bet is to produce games as publisher, but the thing is, if that’s what he’s most competent at, why did he wait to try out everything else?

Or in other words, don’t count a lot from the agreements to pay for the development of NOVA on PC and the high complexity mobile games for Asian makets. Picking partners and projects is even trickier than developing inhouse.

“Find some studio who knows their sh¡t and pay for its developments” is way better than try to throw inhouse talent at projects and see whether they stick (they don’t), but then the actual point is “find some studio who knows their sh¡t and is not working for some publisher who also knows its sh¡t better than you do”.

Yea. Let’s say CCP introduce enough PLEX to cover all needs of EvE playerbase. Everyone is having Omega. Noone buys PLEX with RL money.
CCP created PLEX from air? yes
CCP lost money on PLEX? Nope
Where does CCP gets money to pay salaries, servers upkeep? -----

That’s where you see CCP losing money…

There is a distinction between it costing CCP nothing to produce PLEX, and their income from charging for it.

Per your example, at the other absurd extreme, CCP could charge €100k for a single PLEX, at which point nobody would buy it, CCPs revenue from it would be zero, and STILL it would cost CCP nothing to produce that 1 PLEX.

Consider that the very first Plex or gtc sold by ccp was to specifically stop rmt and to provide a way for people who don’t have the money or debit card to play eve. So…we could simply look at Plex as an alternative way to pay sub.

My perspective is that if CCP miss out on Plex sales by giving away Plex for free then they are losing income.

They wont miss out on sale, from players that will not buy PLEX anyways, at this point in time.

I, for one, have never bought PLEX, nor will I ever buy it.
I will buy a sub, but I will never, EVER buy PLEX.

@Salvos_Rhoska really don’t know how else to explain it to you.

1, CCP has an item called plex for Sale
2, Someone uses their debit card to pay cash to CCP in exchange for a plex (this is the key point)
3, That someone now has the option of using it themselves or putting it on the market for an isk value

Therefore, If plex were to be rewarded to pilots for doing a type of combat site this would mean that ccp has missed out on an opportunity to make money.

Lets use a real life comparison to further your understanding…Lets say I own a laundry where people can come and use my washing machines. I myself design and create a token that goes into the machine in order to operate it and I ask all of my customers to give me £3.50 for one machine token, this is my method of earning money.

So, someone very smart secretly copies my token and creates exact replicas and sells them to a few of my customers for £2.00 each to use in my machines. Lets say I find 5 of these fake tokens in one day…Can you see that I have lost £17.50 due to someone introducing a fake token into my system?

Points to note:

-They are my machines so I set the way in which payment and usage will work.
-I created a type of currency that allows my customers to interact with the machines

Yes, nice basic explanation of Business 101.

Let me know when you are ready to understand Business 110.

Its OK salvos forget it. I like to talk with those who like honest calm convo, and people who can accept basic facts. I just don’t feel that’s what you’re about so I’ll bid you good day. Good luck.

Ahahahaha…this thread is so entertaining.

Everyone explaining why giving away PLEX vs. selling them hurts CCP’s bottom line, and one person refusing to see the obvious.

2 Likes

It wouldnt be given away.
It requires effort/time/opportunity cost, same as earning isk to buy PLEX from purchasers.

There is more to keeping an MMO a valid earner, than merely charging for service.

You dont understand this advanced concept, but I hope CCP will.

From CCP’s standpoint it is given away, they get nothing for it.

You really should stop trying to apply the concept of opportunity cost until you understand it better.

No, that is pretty much it. Even Aaron notes this with his proposal. He wants to lower the in-game price so that more people can afford PLEX via ISK, and thus keep the PLEX sales rolling. I get it, I just don’t think his proposal will work like he thinks.

1 Like

If that was all it is, every sub-MMO in history would have been a roaring financial success.

So you are coming out in favor of micro-transactions then with this idea of not charging for the game.

And of course this is not incoherent at all.

Tell me again how you have “rekt” and “destroyed” my position… :rofl:

2 Likes

Introducing PLEX into the game as a token reward, is the opposite of micro-transactions.

You are completely incoherent on this…completely incoherent.

3 Likes

That you cant/wont understand, does not make me incoherent.

Explain to me how PLEX reward ingame = supporting micro-transactions.