PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Its very simple, Ima.

Your first two categories are more or less accurate.
(With the exception that it is not rational to buy PLEX from CCP inorder to sub, rather than directly buying a sub for cheaper, as you overlooked in PLEX Sinks category).

Even when generating a free PLEX via Buddy, its still cheaper in cash to buy a sub to activate it, rather than buying a PLEX for cash to activate it.

You have to understand, and remember, we are talking about buying PLEX from CCP, not from other players ingame, after someone else buys them.

You lost sight of that in your analysis.

1, 3 and 4 of your categories are identical.
All 3 of those buy PLEX from CCP inorder to resell for isk value ingame, either now or later.

There are only 2 categories of PLEX purchasers from CCP:

1. PLEX Sourcers: Whom buy PLEX from CCP for ingame re-sale for isk.
  2. PLEX Sinkers: Whom buy PLEX from CCP to buy skins/apparel/re-sculpt/MCT (last is an anomaly) and whom sink them to that end.

Thats what all this boils down to.

Once you internalize the above, we can start talking about at what rates these are occurring, why, and what the impact is on EVEs ingame PLEX market.

1 Like

I think you don’t even categorically understand what I was talking about

No, its you that doesnt understand what you said, and why it was wrong.
I understood what you said, and corrected it where it was wrong.

1 Like

Not really

Ok.
Then prove this wrong:

Remember, we are talking about PLEX purchase from CCP, not 2nd hand purchase of PLEX ingame for isk, which are all introduced by the above (except for Buddy PLEX).

1 Like

The distinctions matter because I’m talking about actors in the market and not just about who is purchasing PLEX from CCP. You either completely misunderstand what I wrote or are just trolling.

Actors that deal with 2nd hand PLEX only, are distinct from those that buy PLEX from CCP.

Players dealing in 2nd hand PLEX, dont determine the rate of introduction of new PLEX to the market.

PLEX is introduced into EVE only by purchase from CCP, or via Buddy program.

In your post, which I addressed, you spoke specifically about these actors buying PLEX from CCP, and why (which where false 2.5/4)

Are you now backpedalling out of your earlier analysis of why 4 categories buy PLEX from CCP? Did you forget that you where talking specifically about why those 4 (false) categories BUY PLEX FROM CCP?

Are you stupid, or just insipid?
You fked up. Own it.

There was only one actor buying PLEX from CCP, the PLEX Source, the rest buys from the market. Go read what I wrote again.

People buying PLEX from the market earns CCP nothing.
Your 4 categories specifically talked about buying PLEX from CCP.
Not from the ingame market.

You need to go back and revise them.

Yeah sure explain to me what I wrote…

I wrote about who is selling and who is purchasing ON THE MARKET,

• PELX Sorce buys from CCP sells on the market.
  • PLEX Sink, trader, investor buy from the market.

The post was talking about the PLEX market and now about what people are buying from CCP!

No, you wrote about:
: PLEX Sources that buy PLEX from CCP to sell for isk.
: PLEX Sinks, that buy PLEX from CCP to sink them.
: PLEX Traders, that buy PLEX from CCP to sell for profit.
: PLEX Investors, that buy PLEX from CCP to store value.

I already ran through why the last two are the same as the first.
I already explained how the second does not rationally apply to PLEX purchase from CCP instead of a sub., as you falsely claimed otherwise.

Its all there.

Own your ■■■■, bro.
You are backpedalling, hard, and into a corner of your own making.

Man you can’t even read. This is absolutely ridiculous. There is no point in continuing this conversation. I should not have responded to your drivel in the first place, my fault. You have some serious issues Salvos

4 Likes

Nice edits to your previous posts, to try and cover your ass.

This is about why people buy PLEX from CCP, not how other people use them after they are paid for, until they are sunk.

That is the context and relevance, not your contrived and irrelevant point that “Traders” or “Investors” buy them with isk ingame, when someone else PAID for them in RL cash.

Unbelievable how dishonest you are.

Either that, or you are still too stupid to understand the differences between why people pay cash for PLEX from CCP, and how those are traded ingame 2nd hand.

So after about 100 posts you are still out to proof “not all plex is bought from CCP?”

Its getting rather stale man.

2 Likes

Not disagreeing, just would add the investor here. In some cases the Investor may want to transfer his ISK to PLEX as a hedge against possible future inflation. For example, a player is going to take a break due to IRL factors for an indeterminate period of time. In this case the player may not have time to wait for buy orders to be filled, so he just buys straight from sell orders.

Yes, he could lose out if he comes back and PLEX prices are still pretty much the same, but well…that is how things work you have various trade offs and sometimes you have to chose the best of an undesirable set of choices.

Similar to the above, not disagreeing, just noting that a player coming back form a hiatus might see that the buy orders offer him a nice profit and he just doesn’t wan to 0.01 ISK the market, so dump his stock and move on to other things he finds interesting.

If we include the Investor as being a PLEX Sink/Source it gets a bit more complicated, but the question of the “velocity of PLEX” is and empirical one. Think of “velocity” as how many times a unit changes hand. This concept is usually applied to money, but we can apply it to PLEX. There is no reason to conclude it is fixed. Also there is no reason to assume it is “high” or “low”. This would be something that CCP can actually see, and like with the Fed and other central banks it might be nice if CCP Quant added such a measure to the monthly economic report.

If this is the case then who cares if the PLEX price is 3.4 million ISK or 3.4 trillion ISK. Are you deliberately trying to contradict yourself?

No, this player never buys PLEX from CCP (except on rare ocassions perhasp such as a good PLEX sale from CCP). These players are short term speculators.

Again no. These are speculators and other players who want to hold PLEX long term. Again, they are not buying from CCP.

Probably not…:roll_eyes:

Yup, I was right. There could also be a class of players who are so stupid ISK rich they just PLEX their accounts (with ISK) so they can buy more beer while playing…this was your own freaking hypothesis.

So from here on out your conclusions are dubious at best.

See…this right here is dubious. Sure that is possible maybe even the norm, but it need not be true of the entire group. You went after @Ima_Wreckyou’s classifications because they were not completely disjoint sets, but here you are now assuming a completely disjoint set. You flip flop on this kind of crap just to try and score cheap points and stick to your position.

Oh for God’s sake. Value and price are not the same thing, FFS. If I value a skin at say 5,000 PLEX and bought it for 250…I’d be an idiot to sell the PLEX for ISK if that skin does cannot be found on the in game market.

Value is subjective. I could really, really value something and thus be willing to pay a price far higher than you’d be willing to pay. That you and I pay the same “low” price means I get a ■■■■ ton of consumer surplus.

It could also show that given the number of ships that have skins most are bought via PLEX. See, this is resting on an unstated assumption and a lack of appreciation/understanding of what it means when a market is thin.

Seriously, have you ever read the broken window parable by Bastiat. He talks about what is seen and unseen in the market. You suffer from not even being aware there is aspects of this that are unseen. We do NOT see the Skins/PLEX market. That is it is not something neither you nor I have data on. All we can see is the partial result: how many skins are in game. I was watching one guy switch out probably a half dozen skins on his titan one evening. My guess is he is stupid ISK rich, bought a crap ton of PLEX, bought a crap ton of skins.

No. It is a conclusion based on certain assumptions. At best we can say that this is most likely partially true–i.e. it is most likely true for some players who buy PLEX from CCP for sale for ISK.

Which does not fit very well with the actual fact that the PLEX on the market has been pretty constant for the last year. If your argument is that this is due to old stock…that old stock must be absolutely enormous.

This is actually called an hypothesis and it should be checked against data. In fact, that is the only way it can be checked. BTW, if the rate of PLEX being sunk is going down and the rate at which people are buying PLEX from CCP is also going down…that would probably mean the price would not go up, all else held constant.

Of course not. The unstated implication here is that PLEX prefectly elastic on the supply side. That is highly unlikely.

It is likely trivial, your obsession with it not withstanding.

OMG…

Suppose I am stupid ISK rich, but due to [insert reasons] I am IRL cash poor, or I’d rather spend my IRL cash on something else now that I am stupid ISK rich…subbing via PLEX may be completely rational.

See this is where you go off the rails. You should have a friend take a sharpie and right on your forehead the following:

“Value is subjective and relative to the individual.”

Make sure it is backwards so you can see it in the mirror and maybe seeing it until it wears off will help you grasp this point. Sheesh…

1 Like

Event PLEX is not paid for.
Buddy PLEX is not paid for.

The only PLEX that is paid for, is that which a person pays CCP for.

So?

How many event PLEX were there? How many Buddy PLEX were there? Your initial claim, IIRC, was that these things meant people bought less PLEX from CCP to such a degree that the price went up. But that is not necessarily the case or if it is, then it is trivial.

1 Like

Now you are being deliberately obstinate, and false to the point of refuting your own argument.
That event PLEX and Buddy PLEX is not being paid for, means the demand for PLEX as bought from CCP is reduced, thus reducing CCPs PLEX sales. These can instead be bought ingame with isk, without CCP having earned a cent.

You also did not refute that these have not been paid for.

Thank you, Teckos, for introducing me to M. Bastiat and his little tale, and for occasioning an explosion of laughter as I read 'It is likely trivial, your obsession with it not withstanding."! in reference to the ‘Buddy Program’.

I cannot imagine gleaning such gems from a trawl through /r/eve…

1 Like

Sure any one person doesn’t have to buy as many PLEX from CCP, but the higher the ISK value is, the more people that will buy PLEX.