PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Or be tempted to buy more than they would have as the return is more tempting.

Everyone here but one agrees that more than just two vectors determine price and that none of us have all the data to make an absolute statement.

well I can say that I expirience plex within a demand supply market with added assumption of possibility of tulip speculation. And seeing it’s price I most likely opt to exchange real money for isk, fiscal boosting, a position I miss in Mr salvos and Ms wreckyou argumentations.

Then there is a lack of high income streams for me that allow for a quick increase and entering the plex market from a buyer position. In so far it seems likely that I also pay ccp real Money for the Alpha injectors instead of going for 70 millions which I first had to compare with the real money price for plex.

I completely agree that there may be investors who return who want to sell or purchase right away and therefore fill/purchase from orders. I just don’t think this is the majority, and therefore they are not contributing much to the overall picture.

Based on this hypothesis we could actually gain a lot of insight just based from the mere buy and sell orders alone. The question really is how accurate is the model of the actors.

Another question: Why are you still answering Salvos questions? I know I’m guilty if this myself, but this will stop now. He is completely beyond help. He does not understand even half the things people write. I mean look at my post and his answers. Was my post so completely incomprehensible to justify most of the responses he gave?

I just think he is trolling us to flame him to get us banned. I really think that by now, there is no other explanation other than complete lack of reading and comprehension capabilities. So I just suggest to ignore him, there is really no point in playing his game.

1 Like

No.

Look. You are assuming that there is some sort of relationship between the Buddy/Event (I’m just going to call them BE PLEX for short) and people buying PLEX from CCP. Maybe there is, but it is merely an assumption on your part. It isn’t even an hypothesis you just assume this relationship. Further you have assumed something strange about this relationship namely that for every BE PLEX that enters the in game market the effect is to reduce the number of PLEX bought from CCP (going to call this CCP PLEX) by more than 1-to-1. That is, if somebody puts up a BE PLEX for sale in Jita then that means somebody, one of @Ima_Wreckyou’s PLEX SOURCE players, is not going to only not buy 1 PLEX but 2 or more PLEX from CCP. Why are you assuming this?

If anything the immediate run effect of BE PLEX is to lower the PLEX Price. In the immediate run the supply is highly inelastic–i.e. it is far less responsive than longer run supply. The graph below shows such a supply-demand graph.

inelastic_supply

Note, that no matter how much demand shifts there is zero response from supply. Supply is essentially fixed. Now suppose along comes some intrepid players who have some BE PLEX and they dump them on the market…it would do this:

inelastic_supply2

Oh look, the price went down.

And what happens when we move over to an intermediate run? The same thing, but with a supply curve that is upwards sloping,

demand_supply_intermediate

Oh look, price went down again.

The addition of BE PLEX would reduce the price, all other factors constant.

More for anyone else reading this. If they can get some insights into economics…hopefully that is a good thing. In game and out.

Yes, my problem is seeing economic silliness being posted makes it hard for me to refrain…

4 Likes

LOL.

This guy still doesn’t realise what hes talking about. He does not seem to know plex thats on the market for isk has ALREADY been brought from CCP… I actually dont understand how one becomes this ignorant even after 10 people have tried to explain this to him.

I can’t even confirm that he understands that buying plex from ccp and then selling it for isk is actually part of the plex cycle.

3 Likes

Ive specifically stated and considered that in my posts.
All three of you keep repeating that I have overlooked x or y, whereas I have specifically covered them all in my posts, over and over.

He discounts data that doesnt fit his model as “irrelevant”, and when he has a half baked point to make, he calls it “the interesting stuff”.

Pretty much the definition of bad science, da?

3 Likes

i just want to see the world burn… and with it, the PLEX market.

1 Like

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/a-gametime-donation-contract-please/44892

For christmas!

Please, carry on, I have given up trying to explain anything to you.

You’re just not going to understand.

1 Like

Why people get sucked in to discussions with salvos I just don’t know…

Ok yea I do, I did the same thing with Lucas Kell, till I learned to stop banging my head up against brick walls lol.

Stop banging yet heads, bros. :grinning:

5 Likes

I think the reality of the situation is that PLEX is the life blood that keeps eve-online alive. The income we are providing CCP is what is keeping a gaming application (that isn’t that many years off of celebrating its second decade) in existence…

As more of you don’t pay for the game anymore, the price of of PLEX continues to rise…

2 Likes

I was going to explain all the ways that your math was broken, but everyone else already did.

The thing about this particular line of software work is that your fixed costs (the people who do the work) go up, while your delivery costs go down (hardware and infrastructure). In 2003, the delivery costs were most likely a huge percent of total operating costs. That has dropped dramatically in the “11” years since 2003. It has dropped so much that the team working on EvE has gotten bigger and more expensive, while the price gets lower relative to the economy. Not sure why that’s so difficult to understand.

LOL! Salvos gonna Salvos. Glad to see some things never change, Jenn.

We will see who was right.

Isnt $15 (or in my case ÂŁ10) a month cheaper than it was in 2003, not more expensive?

And that notwithstanding, 2009?

1 Like

You’re right about all of it salvos, we are all wrong.

He’s moved to expound his wisdom to the other PLEX thread now.

Also; I just did something in game that would affect PLEX price without buying new or selling old PLEX;
just churning.

1 Like

Yes. The price is cheaper. Sorry if I wasn’t clear about that.

I was talking about the different types of costs. One of them is what it costs to pay humans to create the product. That only goes up over time. The other is the cost of machines to deliver the product. And that only goes down over time.

Despite the fixed costs increasing (people), the game is still cheaper now than it was at launch by about 23-25%. That’s because marginal costs have plummeted (machines).

But overall, compared to anyone’s paycheck, the price of the game is cheaper today than ever.

2 Likes