PLEX Just hit a record

Used to be 300m for a 90 day plex back in the day =)

at 3.8M ISK now

1 Like

In percentages: less people making ISK, more bots, more people buying ISK from RMT guys and not selling PLEX on market.

Death knell.

1 Like

Keep posting here until it hits 4mil. Might be worth dumping some Plex then.

Those who sell PLEX on the market finance EVE omega bots, not even knowing it.
Bots use computers to make ISK, that is then sold back to EVE players for cash, cheaper than when players would buy PLEX from CCP.

Thats how PLEX is being converted to money by RMTers.

Solution is to remove Alpha access and PLEX from the game, also nerfing stuff back to before rorqual mining and redesigning anomalies in null.

1 Like

It also help actual players have OMEGA accounts using isk made ingame. Not everybody can afford to pay monthly subs and use this to keep playing the game.

No need to be completely negative.

We know there are bots and we know that plex help keep their account omega as well. I am sure CCP knows more than you about this.

2 Likes

Majority doesnt have to buy PLEX to have omega. People can pay money instead of buying beer or cigs or sugary treats. It would be healthier for them.

And bots would die out, those who would still try to RMT would be banned permanently and they would need to pay money again to CCP if they want back into game, and would be banned again if they try to bot again.

I see no downsides.

1 Like

It is one of the things that keeps many people playing. If they cannot pay with real money because of life choices who are you to judge them?

I don’t pay with plex since I sub my accounts yearly but just because I have the spare cash does not mean the person next me does. You do not know what the financial position is.

But we digress…

Plex at 4mil… come on…

2 Likes

Now PLEX is driving the game into the grave tho. It was good back then, now it isnt. Basically CCP got their game rotten because of pursuit of money that is PLEX. CCP is killing the game because of PLEX. It drove them to this point where CCP doesnt have money to pay proper people. Thats like the last warning for them, but they could have already accepted their fate, which would be sad… fate that is “No EVE forever” and maintenence mode till Hilmar turns off the last node.

1 Like

High price of Plex in ISK is bad for CCP. You can sell one Plex and have close to 2 bil right now. Some time ago it would be 1 bil. So player must bought 2 plexes with RL money. Why player would want to buy 2 plexes now while one may be suficient?

2 Likes

True institutional constraints can drive a wedge into that analysis, but still the (implicit) wage is a pretty good indicator of how much your time is worth. So the above numbers, while not perfect are certainly helpful in understanding, to some considerable extent, how the PLEX market works.

For example, suppose you can make 50 million ISK an hour ratting and you rat for say, 40 hours a month. This means you could, in theory, buy a PLEX for up to 2 billion ISK. Granted this would leave you with no extra ISK. So your reservation price (the price where PLEX is priced at or below that price you buy) could be substantially lower. Say 1.5 billion ISK leaving you .5 billion each month for other uses in game. Once the price goes above 1.5 billion you are priced out of the market. Which is exactly how markets work. So this is indeed a case of “working as intended”.

Has anyone stopped to consider that those 90 day GTCs were wildly underpriced?

Sure. But this is a bad argument. You are saying, “Look some players are abusing a mechanic that benefits lots of other players…” so what? We impose a loss on those players benefiting from PLEX but who are not botting?

Actually PLEX undercuts the RMT ISK markets. Early on I looked at the price of ISK from RMT sites and IIRC it was something like $1 = 50 million ISK (or $20 got you a billion). Now, it appears to be something more like $1 = 220-230 million and PLEX, using the current price of 3.8 million) implies $1 = ~84 million ISK. In other words, ISK sellers have to sell far more ISK to make the same money they were making 11ish years ago, about 450% more ISK.

Why? Because “buying ISK” via PLEX is a sure fire way to get the ISK you want and not get banned. Whereas there is a non-zero probability you’ll get banned if you buy ISK from an RMT site. Yes I can get 250% more ISK from an RMT site vs. PLEX, but I won’t be enjoying that ISK if I am banned.

So PLEX is actually a passive strategy that harms RMTers by driving down their revenues. Once revenues drop below cost, then you stop doing that activity and move on to other things.

Yes, yes. I know you’ll probably say, “RMTers have now costs!!!” That is nonsense. Pure nonsense. Any activity has a cost when choice is involved. You play EVE FFS you understand opportunity cost…apply it here to.

Not necessarily. To the extent that people use PLEX legitmately removing PLEX from the game imposes a loss on those players. If there are more players using PLEX legitmately than those us are using them to engage in botting, then your solution is not a good one. And a better solution is to go after the botters vs. imposing a loss on those who have done nothing wrong.

I find this to be really dubious reasoning. Bots existed in game before PLEX. There is every reason to believe they’d exist after the removal of PLEX. In fact, this looks very much like you wanting to eat your cake and have it too.

That would explain rising numbers of them, and the fact they return constantly. This must be not so much hassle as anybody can think, still “easy money” as someone could say.

Its a matter of severity for everyone else, not for botter, as he can bot multiple games, even EVE going down will not make him stop.

Thats old stuff, but even then the matket for RMT was big:

Actually, it should indicate fewer RMTers. To sell 4.5x more ISK you’d have to run 4.5x more bots. Which also would suggest a greater probability of getting caught.

As for the picture using aggregate statistics to draw inferences for individual components that comprise the aggregate numbers is very, very problematic. Basically, don’t do it.

From reddit reports by people who even had actual talks with botters it seems that they dont care about getting caught so much. The fact that CCP have to ban thousands in spans of months is just business as usual for them. This is actually about null what I have read.

You do know this does not really refute what I’m saying, right?

Yes, botters/RMT operations expect their bots to be banned. They factor that in just as if you were making pencils you’d factor in the cost of graphite. But if their bots are getting caught more frequently that could indicate higher costs (or more correctly lower revenues if they are using some of that botting ISK to say use skill injectors to quickly skill up new characters for bots…that is they are using ISK they could have sold for cash for keeping their botting system going…that is a cost).

I think its just secondary income actually for them. Something extra. Talking about it like it would be business completely focused on one game would be sort of incorrect I think. At least I would not put all my bots in one basket (if I would use them of course, but I dont).

What? No. If they are diverting ISK away form sales for real money that is a loss, not a gain.

Its not loss, its just less profit for time botter is putting the bots in game again, using the funds safely hidden. They still can use machines for other bots, the same game or other. They just make more bots.

:cry:

Why are there less profits? Greater costs.

Ok, the ISK that was confiscated could be lost, but the ISK that was already sold and money payed, its cash in the bank, Botters dont extend networks so much if there is no purchases. I think they would completely die out as RMT bunch if nobody would buy from them. The ones that want their experience to be happening sooner, they will use them tho, so thats why the return of subs only, without PLEX, and without skill injectors and crackdown on bots, only this would make problem very small in comparison to what it is today.

There is only CCP standing on the way to changes. And bots are like cancer, when CCP would want to remove them, they would have to sacrifice so much, its fear of death, but if not treated, the cancer kills. Killed Serenity.