PLEX Just hit a record

Not in IT are you? :slight_smile:

Ms Steak gave an explanation on why that is bad idea.

It like people asking to block phishing mails coming google (gmail). Yeah sureā€¦ I will just block all incoming mails from gmailā€¦

I mean Iā€™m still in high school. My total it knowledge comes from dabbling in python soā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats why client have to be changed at least, with some anti botting stuff going on behind the curtains.

hmm im married, got kids, debts, cant afford to pay the game with my actual cash and my wife would have my head. we donā€™t earn enough to just toss cash away like that.

You shouldnā€™t play (pay)games then. Stick to Facebook trash.

I certainly hope this is not the ceiling! yea Iā€™m a capitalist ā€¦ so sue meh!

Exactlyā€¦which is why botting and anti-botting efforts is a type of arms race and probably one reason Team Security doesnā€™t tell us that muchā€¦When you hit on an effective strategy for identifying bots it will be good ā€œfor awhileā€. That is, after ā€œawhileā€ the bots will figure out that strategy and develop a counter strategy. Telling the ā€œworldā€ that strategy while it is still effective is foolish in that it tells the botters how to beat the new strategy.

When thinking of this overall process it is probably best to put it into the framework of game theory (non-cooperative game theory).

And everyone likes to slag on Team Security, but keep in mind a botter has it easier. They just need to avoid detection. Team Security would ideally like to find the botters, but also avoid false positives. Axing legitimate paying customers is not a good thing.

Then play as an Alpha until you can afford to sub. Donā€™t go down the rabbit hole of ā€œIā€™ll PLEX my account.ā€ Your kids, wife and marriage will likely bear some or most of that cost. It isnā€™t a pleasant answer, but if you have young kids and are just starting outā€¦things can be tight financially, I know Iā€™ve been there.

I agree. The rate plex going up I never sell :frowning: . I fear of selling them cause next day I see how much iv lost if Iā€™d keep em.

But if they tank and you didnā€™t sell them you will keep them because you donā€™t want to have lost potential income.

1 Like

Yes. Plex is horrible :slight_smile: . Luckly I donā€™t have as much as some ppl but still got close to 80k.( so would hurt abit).

Welcome to the world of speculationā€¦an activity that is actually a good thing in the end.

And yet sitting in your vault you gain nothing from them so really you are losing 100% potential income.

Side note, you have 13 years worth of game time sitting?

I never did that calculation but if thatā€™s accurate then yes 13 years for 1 char. But I play with several characters in eve. So maby 2-2.5 years to pay for all.

Cash2play pay pigs are waking up and dropping less money on a game that doesnā€™t reward them for it. Time served and experience much more valuable. Money only facilitates activity.

I just sold some for 4.17 mil a piece :smile:

Closed. Please continue discussion here: Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP