Pls CCP - Multiple jump clones in 1 station

nono, not at all, nothing to do with risk - it’s just a pain in the ass having to go station to station, going through 8 session change timers for the sake of what could be a single button push :frowning:

1 Like

Really dont understand why I can’t buy a vat of 5 clones or have auto clone replacement at a cost. You don’t need to change anything other than manually replacing.

Still could be a cool down. The issue is some of us ise and change clone location,very seldomly its easy to forget to replace after jumping…and the mechanic adds nothing having me manually replacross after every jump.

Not a big deal but would be nice to have a simple check box for replace on use. Idc if its a new skill either.

2 Likes

The RED DOT is totally cool.
But totally stupid it is, to implement such a thing without thinking two cents further, and programming a SIMPLE…VERY SIMPLE ENTRY IN THE OPTIONS MENU->GENERAL SETTINGS->Deactivate RED DOT

…same goes for Tacticals and BLUE DOts around your HUD (its either all ON or NO DOTS and NO Tacticals in Space)…yeah,…totally makes SENSE…for someone not playing the Game.

That would take a team of CCP programmers 6 months to implement.

1 Like

Many asked CCP to allow more than one clone to be installed in the same Citadel … but there is a rumor that this is part of the old-code and it would be very laborious to implement.

CCP could just decrease the “cool down timer” after a jump between clones in different Stations.
How important is a 19 hours “cool down timer” versus 8 hours versus 4 hours ?

What I would like to ask CCP is if it is viable to implement the Citadels jump clone mechanics to NPC Stations … allowing everyone to jump between clones at the same Station without being affected by the cool down timer.

This Topic has been moved to Player Features and Ideas Discussion

Structure proliferation is a problem that I am confident CCP is taking the appropriate steps to correct (upcoming patch is epic in this regard), but in this one case I do in fact believe it would provide for substantially healthier player interactions if players fielded multiple POSes to permit multiple clones in the same system than if a single POS housed many clones. There are numerous reasons I feel this way - I’m not going to enumerate them, but do consider this one use case:

Before: 5x Astrahuses for 5x jump clones
After: 1x Fortizar for 5x Jump clones

Which of the two situations is more OP for the defender? The defender now has a significant tactical advantage by consolidating several weaker POSes into one stronger one that is easier to defend (ie. they don’t have to defend several simultaneously) and more capable of defending itself, and also has the privilege of minimizing fuel consumption. This is just one situation I find to be undesirable.

Just imagine if this translated from Fortizars to Keepstars… the situation from EVE will translate from “POS pollution” to POSes becoming too permanent (since they are upsized and/or easier to defend) and smaller POSes becoming relatively underutilized.

Jump clones are a big deal in EVE… if you want the privilege of having many of them, you better pay for the privilege, and I think multiple POSes are the best solution.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.