Porpoise Gets Shafted

CCP says they support the Porpoise to let it do what it always has done. But it not having ICE compression but instead has gas compression, makes absolutely no sense. I used the Porpoise all the time for Ice in low sec. I get why Moon ore compression is denied to it. But it not having ice compression is too punishing for miners. Please bring ice compression to the Porpoise we need it.

I submit the Porpoise Glacial Drift SKIN as evidence the Porpoise was always intended to do ICE.

2 Likes

The Porpoise was made for gas huffing in wormholes, not ice mining. As I’ve said before, if you give the Porpoise the same compression abilities as the Orca, no one will bother using a 2 billion ISK Orca anymore and will instead use the 100 million ISK Porpoise.

Almost EVERY ship has a Glacial Drift skin. You mean to tell me that an Abaddon’s purpose is to mine ice as well?

5 Likes

Any ship that has the Glacial Drift skin fitted should gain the ability to compress ice.

5 Likes

Orcas shouldn’t be allowed in high sec.

And if they are, they should be stripped of all harvesting capacities including using mining and salvaging drones. They are a fleet support ship. Used to buff and compress the ore of a fleet mining barges and exhumers.

2 Likes

Back when I was rehularly mining ice in null sec, I loved using a Porpoise as support ship because of it’s mining boosts, remote repairs to keep the barges/exhumers alive versus NPC pirates, a large mining hold to stay in space longer before docking, good agiliyy (able to do MWD cloak trick with an afterburner) and the most important distinction of all: significantly cheaper than an Orca or Rorqual.

None of that changed when the other two mining support ships got ice compression, the Porpoise is still as good at mining ice as it used to be.

If your mining fleet is big enough that the ore hold of the Porpoise is too small for you without compression, I recommend getting an Orca or Rorqual, but for small scale mining with just a couple of ships, I’d still use the Porpoise. Even when mining ice.

5 Likes

But the Glacial Drift Skin, why are you ignoring the significance of that skin? I demand justice!

1 Like

The Porpoise is great for mining ice.

Again, every f’n ship has that skin.

1 Like

People like you never ever give up on wanting to nerf high sec to absolute oblivion, lvl 5 missions use to be in high sec, nerf, mining, nerf, mission payouts, nerf, roids, nerf, in every aspect of high sec that nerfs have been applied it just unraveled something else which when we look at the state of the game today and still you people push for more nerfs, brilliant.

5 Likes

People like you never ever give up on wanting to nerf high sec to absolute oblivion, friendly fire use to be in high sec, nerf, wardecs, nerf, suspect flags, nerf, bumping, nerf, player bounties, nerf, safety toggle, nerf, mining holds, nerf, barge align vulnerability time, nerf, suspect logi, nerf, battleship vulnerability, nerf, in every aspect of high sec that nerfs have been applied it just unraveled something else which when we look at the state of the game today and still you people push for more nerfs, brilliant.

1 Like

Then just make the orca better

How is this a nerf exactly?

Oh wait, you are threatened by the idea of not being able to play the game afk while making isk and watching netflix.

Removing orcas from highsec is not a nerf. It’s making the game more challenging. Not less.

Good to know that your a botter tho.

I brought this up on an earlier thread. As an industrial command ship (smallest one) I think it should be able to do Ice, Asteroids, and Gas.
The Orca will still be what players want due to boosts, tank, ore hold, but the Porpoise is made for the small crew mining setup.
And I believe it will fit into Shattered Wormholes where there is…ice.

But it is more significant if the porpoise has it, it should get a bonus to ice mining if the skin is used.

It should not.

Skins are purely cosmetic changes and have no effect on the ship bonuses.

2 Likes

For now.

1 Like

the skins that have you on fire

I think that CCP needs to make a deal with netflix that will allow an in game screen.

They (ccp) could offer that as an add on service. Additional 4 dollars per month on too of the omega price.

Like other boosting ships in the “command” line like command destroyers and command battlecruisers, I think the evolution should be:

• Porpoise: Only Non-Moon Ore
  • Orca: Ore(+Moon) and Gas
  • Rorqual: Ore (+Moon), Ice, and Gas

This seems very logical and matches the game design of the other ships.