Porpoise needs some love

Orca gets all the compressors - Asteroid, Gas, Mercoxit, Moon & Ice. Porpoise gets Asteroid & Gas only. Maybe a medium ice compressor would be nice. Just a thought after reading reddit. You are still gonna want to upgrade to an Orca eventually of course.

3 Likes

yes though thought that would happen

Then there would be no need for an Orca. The Orca boost bonus isn’t that much bigger than the Porpoise to justify the 2 billion ISK cost of an Orca vs 100 million ISK for a Porpoise. At that point everyone would just use a Porpoise…

3 Likes

then make the orca have better traits

2 Likes

I seem to recall that porpoise is for a specific section of space and it was specialized that way. No one ship should be the end all be all. Pick your ship, pick your specialty

5 Likes

The Porpoise can squeeze through frigate size wormholes and is the biggest ship to be able to do so, even without any modules on.

2 Likes

I think the Porpoise is a fantastic ship that can excel in all areas of space, while the Orca is the ugly middle child that only gets by because it’s bigger than most other ships protected by Concord. Buff the Orca if anything. It’s in a terrible spot because it’s been exclusively balanced around its HS gank resistance, resulting in it being a terrible investment for anyone that isn’t tethered to the HS safety blanket.

3 Likes

I’m already annoyed at the porpoise getting asteroid compression since that means it is one more thing less unique about the Orca. I want it to be a great ship that is more than just “porpoise with better numbers” (more tank, better boosts, more ore capacity, more mass, longer align… wait that last one isn’t actually good).

Yeah, the Porpoise is really lacking. I prefere to use a Gnosis over the porpoise, simply because i can fit gas huffers on the Gnosis, and still benefit from boosts. Porpoise really is in need of some attention.

Im gonna share a quote with you

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.