Portrait not showing

I created this character about 24h ago, but the portrait isnt showing ingame nor in the forum. I made other characters with my account months ago, and neither of them has the same issue.

2 Likes

Give it a little time to propagate.
I suspect part of downtime is synchronising things such as images across the various services.

1 Like

Log out and back in on the forums and you should have a portrait. Down time does affect it

1 Like

Nope, doesnt work. Also i cant see it ingame either so its not limited to the forum

1 Like

How much time should it take? I cant see the portrait anywhere.

1 Like

Log out the log back in again.
If that doesn’t work, then wait a few days - there may just be a replication issue on the server side.
If it’s still not working next week, and it’s critically important to you, then raise a ticket - be polite - it may just be a minor issue they’ve not noticed.

I assume that the game is otherwise fine for you?

1 Like

I usually update my character portrait every month or two with new apparel and about a week ago I noticed an issue with portraits not updating.

Basically the character info box, ‘View’ character portrait, chat portrait, Launcher portrait and character selection screen portrait are not updating to show new portrait.

However the ‘View full body’ character portrait option and the character info page full body animation does show the updated apparel.

So yeah, there’s definitely a bug with it. I submitted a bug report on it but unfortunately they don’t really reply to those unless they need more info.

The only thing I haven’t checked is to see if the forum portrait will update to the new one…

EDIT:

Just checked and the forum portrait is also not updating to the new one…

Some dev needs to kick the portrait server into action! This has been an issue at least since last Sunday. Lots of noobs in Rookie Help asking about it too.

1 Like

Yeah having the same issue as well.

Normally clearing the ingame cache works but now it keeps reverting to my old portrait.

Character sheet and view full body show the new hair and apparel though.

1 Like

Yea, those are rendered live, because you see at most one at a time and only when opening that particular window.

The portraits are used much more often, in chat channels and when inspecting other players. The portraits are static pictures stored in a database from where they are loaded and cached for clients for efficient use or used for the forum.

Sounds like the process to render and store those portraits is broken, again.

Hey, I manually flagged your character portrait to be rendered hopefully this will fix the issue.

1 Like

Mine is still not working.

1 Like

Same thing, I noticed it yesterday

1 Like

I am a lonely blank square :frowning:

1 Like

<— 4 days without a portrait now. And I have seen characters in Rookie Chat who are 20 days old and still don’t have one.

1 Like

Reporting same for an alt I created yesterday. I also noticed lots of blank faces in the starting area local.

1 Like

I have the same problem on everywhere: forums, website, luncher and obviously in game nothing works, I even installed EVE on another device. I hope devs will fix it soon.

1 Like

same here…been a few days…no forum portrait and no in game unless i set it every day

1 Like

@CCP_Arcade

Hopefully you can give a little nudge to the bug department and get this issue sorted out…

3 Likes

It seems the issue has been corrected… my in-game portrait is now updated…

1 Like