POS BPO Refund?

So CCP, Any comment on when we are finally going to get refunded for all of those old POS BPO’s everyone still has?

With the release of stargates I can’t imagine there is any reason NOT to refund us for those now.

3 Likes

Never…

Because even the demand is outrageous

What, the demand for faction POS modules ?

No the demand for a refund of outdated content ingame…

According to CCP everything will be compensated.

Makes no sense not to.

Right…would be the first promise broken by ccp…
Like f.e. “alphas will NEVER fly bigger ships than cruisers”…

How long you are in the game you say?

1 Like
2 Likes

They will decide what they are doing with them once they release the replacement for the stick itself so for now there is no word, you’ll have to wait

The whole Upwell Structures group is the replacement for the “sticks” and all its modules.

@ Solecist Project

As for all you say i don’t care…it’s just an one dimensional approach.

CCP can do nothing wrong and change away from 2003 is bad(for you maybe) and is blasphemic out of itself…

Pathetic…

They want to be refunded with isk…because they bought it with isk some 200 years ago…

I don’t know…

This whole thread is stupid…this is a game,no real loss is involved,no real money was injured during the shooting of this movie…

And btw…the eula CLEARLY states that ccp can change the game at any time,even unannounced,and that NO refund must be given in any way…

READ what you accepted with installing…

Hell they can even take down the servers for days without refunding anybody…

What i actually SAID is that i do not care about the opinion of you and your 2003’er colleagues because you are pathetic,one dimensional and only focused at keeping your own status and convinience and not focused on what is best for the game.

For the game i care but -again- not for unreasonable opinions…

Again just trying to bite me away because that is all you are able to…will not work,…

Actually it seems to me that YOU have the record problem…because it’s YOU that is actually doing the same over and over again…

think about it…

As a POS BPO owner (sorry yes I’m a player from 2004)… The ISK used to buy the BPO is isk converted to an asset.

CCP making that asset worthless is fine. But I have faith they will reimburse me in some form at some point for making that asset useless now - it is their way, and frankly - the correct way of doing things to stop upsetting players no matter when they began playing.

I’ve also been collecting faction POS blueprints and kit for a little while now too - this I consider a much more risky gamble since CCP will likely convert these assets too, but its very likely these assets will convert to a much less valuable form (like naff faction ECM scripts for upwell strctures) and I’d make a considerable loss. Either way these are just assets which are long term investments you accept when you buy them.

Whatever happens it’ll be a fair amount of work scripting for CCP - going through all these items and having the correct values to convert the legacy stuff into be it ISK, new faction items or materials - ensuring the balance does not wreck the economy (for stuff like PI materials which will take a massive nosedive if towers/etc all just gets auto-reprocessed at once without some new use for that material).

I’d rather they take time getting it right and do it all in one pass rather than rushing it piecemeal and potentially making mistakes - have faith though you’ll get some sort of return on your BPO investment though maybe not everything you want (like 100% of the ISK back). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see this question quickly devolved into a Troll session so rather then getting sucked in, I posted a possible solution in the Features and Ideas section. All non Troll’s are welcome to read and comment there.

2 Likes

Still no date announced. If I’ve been following CCP’s thread on this correctly, they have been waiting to pull the trigger on this until essentially the entire revamp was completed and all of the functionality was replaced by something else.

If I’m remembering right, the last two things that are still not done yet are the “propaganda structure” (though, I don’t know if that’s even still going to be a thing) and the small, portable FOB for day trippers that we’ve heard hints about coming some time this year but still have no solid info on.

So “Soon”, but I think we’re legitimately getting closer to this happening. Don’t scrap those things, but don’t hold your breath either :wink:

2 Likes

Your question has already been answered and there was nothing more relevant to add to this anyway. What’s there to discuss about this? You’re getting a refund in some form, because that’s what CCP does when they remove stuff from the game.

There’s no problem waiting for a solution, you’re just greedy.

1 Like

Sure, but they aren’t actually replacing the core staging feature of the stick, which is the last structure that is needed before the POS that we know and love can be removed entirely, the forward operating base is the last piece of the puzzle and CCP have pretty much said as much

It’s no trolling to mark outrageous demands as what they are…outrageous.

Once we have a date for the removal of Player Owned Starbases from EVE, there’ll also be details on refunds or compensation for structure blueprints and modules that are still currently in the game.

Right now there’s no projected date for this, but once we know there’ll be an announcement.

5 Likes