Possible Crash on Mac from newer EVE Launcher?

I’m going to preface this with a great big "I DON"T KNOW" as my evidence is purely anecdotal at this point.

I’m running Eve (anywhere from 1-3 clients) on an older 2013 MacPro (Darth Vader’s Trash can). Specs below. I’ve only very recently started seeing an issue where it will suddenly lock up for a few seconds and then shut down completely. The first couple of times this happened I had 1-3 instances of Eve running as well as an Excel spreadsheet (with the Eve add in). On this last instance the only thing that was running was a single instance of Eve.

I’m currently going through and verifying the game files through the client (with no issues being found) and will start running the client with LogLite running to see if I can capture something, This computer, while aged, has handled Eve admirably for years and the only things that’s really changed is the launcher revision so I’m starting there.

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro6,1
Processor Name: 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 12
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 30 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB
System Firmware Version: 474.0.0.0.0
OS Loader Version: 540.120.3~37
SMC Version (system): 2.20f18
Panel Illumination Version: 1.4a6

mmkay…less than 20 minutes after posting this the computer shut down without warning as if the power had suddenly gone out. 3rd time this morning. Loglite caught nothing.

I’ve taken my UPS out of the loop and things “appear” stable. That may have been the issue. I did have one Disconnect, but other than that no shutdowns. Will monitor, but I’m thinking this a hardware issue now.

Sorry for the wasted time.

LOL yeah. Totally a UPS issue. Rock solid the rest of the day. Now go figure out if it’s a battery or (more likely) a control signal issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.