Possible Ganking Solution

No.

That’s suicide ganking.

2 Likes

You come with a ‘solution’ but fail to specify what the problem is.

Is there a problem that requires this solution?

(Ganking is not a gameplay issue, it’s gameplay. As such, it requires solutions by players, not solutions by the game.)

2 Likes

Identifying gankers is done by looking for flashy players in local. Also you should be wary around players with negative security status and suspects.

Additionally, you can set the known ganking corporations to terrible standings so they always show up as red even when they aren’t suspect or negative security status.

There are many tools to identify gankers.

Identifying gankers based on ‘red safety settings’ is not going to help you, as anyone could be flying with red safety standings. After all, safety settings do nothing, except protect the player themselves from accidentally getting killed by CONCORD.

Relies on the pilot paying attention, not being afk or on AP and putting in actual brain effort. If they could that they’d not be in trouble in the first place.

1 Like

Thats a good point.

Why would you get two if they dont expect you to lose at least one?

2 Likes

What ganking issue ?? There’s NO ganking issue whatsoever. EVE is a game where you will be ganked, it’s part of the PvP experience, EVE is gankland. If you don’t want to be ganked then this isn’t the game for you.
As for that idea of “flashy red” I can’t really apriopriately respond without getting banned from this forum. Atrociously horrible idea is all I’m allowed to say with the censorsship going on everydamnwhere on this planet.
Maybe you want a ganker to PM you to let you know he’s about to gank you, how about that for an idea you can get behind?

2 Likes

No. It’s been in EVE since the game started and is specifically designed for in the game design.

It’s a feature, not an issue.

5 Likes

Now they’re calling it an “issue”, bunch of #@$%&. Next they’re gonna call the cops on you because they lost their precious ship. Wouldn’t be surprised they enact a law against multi-player game PvP.
People who can’t stand to lose pixelated stuff online should refrain from going online.

1 Like

Just because it’s not an issue for you, does not mean it’s not an issue for somebody else.
Again, more toxic BS.

If CCP see it as gameplay and not a gameplay issue then you are correct. Its down to the players to take reasonable precautions not for game mechanics to be altered to counter it.
Have CCP ever posted about this that someone can point me to?

Ganking is part of PvP and PvP isn’t toxic BS. The reality is that people against ganking want to control everyone down to how many times we can have bowel movements per day. Bunch of little tyrants who don’t know what to do with themselves.

2 Likes

LOL

I see you’re playing with a handicap today; just an empty space where the queen should be.

Good on ya.

I agree with Anderpson, it definitely is an issue.

The question should be, however, whether it’s an issue that needs to be corrected.

Now, if so, then I have a list of my own issues (neatly organized on a stack of index cards) that I’d also like corrected in the interest of fairness and parity.

About what ?

Ganking is a base approach in Eve : if you can’t outsmart them, number is a quality in itself.

Suicide ganking is an important part of the eve ecosystem. Only when you are a noob you should not be targeted by it, so only in the beginner systems. Actually on those systems, you should not be griefed at all , by CCP rules.
From those you rules, you can guess that suicide gank, anywhere else than in those beginner systems, is totally fine. The exception that proves the rule :slight_smile: .
Since it’s not fine specifically to be grieffed when you are a noob, then it’s actually fine in the other cases.

completely unrelated. Again, please be sure before you submit a post that your post is on topic.

Yea, sorry about that. I saw a sh- post about ganking and I just saw RED. LOL.
I don’t understand why people who don’t want to be attacked by other players download a PvP game.

Ganking is a feature of the game that the game designers specifically cater for. If CCP wanted it gone, they could completely remove it from the game tomorrow, but they don’t, because it’s a feature, regardless of what anyone personally feels about it.

The irony.

2 Likes

Maybe CCP should add a byline under EVE Online: YOU WILL DIE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.
Then in smaller font under that: No Need To Cry About It, Adapt or Uninstall.

2 Likes

Which does not prevent it from being an issue for newbros.
Exactly the same way newbros have a hard time finding appropriate content (hence the work of CCP on the agency).
Just because you know how to find content in Eve, does not mean it’s not an issue for them. All the time in the help channel people ask what they should/can do.

If people were like you and just saying them “there is no issue with finding content” , those people would be told to be toxic somewhere else. So same for you.

There is no irony. Saying that there is no issue to someone who has an issue, is just toxic behavior.

1 Like

Saying there’s an issue where there is none is toxic behavior.
See how that works?

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter what newbros, veterans or anyone in between, including you or I think. It only matter what CCP want to cater for and if they thought it was an issue, they’d do something about it.

I didn’t say it to someone. I said it in general, so go stick your toxicity meter up your arse (or maybe remove it instead, it might help your brain function).

5 Likes

And they literally forbade griefing newbros in newbros system.
So yes, it is an issue, for newbros.

Yes you did. Your post was an answer to someone asking if ganking was an issue, in a post where someone believes it is one.

wrong and unrelated.