Potential Fix for WHers for the 500mn HIC

My personal favorite isn’t mine… or at least, I’m not the guy who got rolled out.

We were rolling our static (as you do), and misjudged it, or the +/- came up just… wrong… and the orca came back and… nuthin’. Just critical. This is a C4->C5 static, so we really wanted to get at a useful C5 system to plunder. A couple of us hop into battlecruisers to try to finish it off, and wouldn’t you know it, our CEO gets locked out. He’s got a probe scanner, so he starts working to scan his way out, and we go looking for the new hole.

Turns out, that new hole is occupied, and there’s a lot more of them than us. Also, our best combat pilot is currently trying to scan a route to k-space in a Drake. Soooo, we roll that one, too. This time, successfully, and without mishap. Ok, third hole of the day. This one looks like trash. I mean, absolutely worthless. A joke is made about how it’s as horrible as the one we lost the CEO. Then this happens:

Scanner: “Hang on, someone’s here.”
CEO: “You guys get safe, we can’t afford to have everyone locked out. Besides, I think I’ve found a new route in here.”
Scanner: “On D-Scan, 2au… it’s a… Drake?”
CEO: “Oh, hi, guys…”

Yeah, we called it a day after that one.

Or the time when we had a mining fleet in our daily, and someone marked the time incorrect from the day before… only ship with probes? My Mammoth (not even a DST!).

Had to probe us a route out to k-space, with the barges safe-logging in each new system and me praying I wouldn’t hit a bubble. Got em out, though.

Then one of the barges got ganked in high-sec.

6 Likes