Potential Fix for WHers for the 500mn HIC

do try and realize brisc is trying to do damage control here as best he can, and this fix is the best I’ve heard so far. Ideally the porpoise’s mass would be reduced even further to decrease the chance of getting rolled out, but halving it already gives very good odds of not getting rolled out

1 Like

Have you ever thrown a hotdog down a hallway?

3 Likes

It fixes absolutely nothing, you have to have absolutely no knowledge of the issue to say something like that.

2 Likes

Uh…

The primary problem is not with rolling frigate sized wormholes. I appreciate the proposal for a fix for that issue, but that is not what has the community up in arms. The problem is rolling critical-mass wormholes. Wormholes where the amount of mass left is unknown, and potentially extremely small. A 1Gg porpoise still weighs 10-13x as much as a rolling HIC, with significantly lower hot mass. A Higgsed 1Gg porpoise weighs 20-25x as much, with a comparable hot mass. Either way, the odds of getting rolled out go up significantly.

I appreciate that the CSM is taking our complaints seriously and thinking about how to solve the problem. I think this is the best solution that I’ve seen from a CSM member thus far. I still think it’s a bad deal for wormholers, and that if it’s implemented we will probably never (or at least not for a year+) get a proper fix to the problem at hand.

2 Likes

I don’t think that would be that bad, honestly. But that’s another argument.

1 Like

It is though, if I have to take up to 60 jumps in a character every 20 whs I roll because you allow ccp to ■■■■ the bed this badly, or we start leaving crit connections up and just ■■■■ ourselves even harder. But its really nice to see you still dont even grasp the issues and its so fun knowing CCP are backstabbing and no one in the CSM or at CCP knows how this game works besides nullsec blobs.

1 Like

The decision was made, but it can always be changed. Given the level of pushback so far, I’d be surprised if they don’t push it back again.

But that would mean this is something like the third time they’ve proposed fixing this issue and then backed off. Sometimes you burn your ships so there’s no going back and they have to move forward with a fix.

That’s simply not true. The cold (all bubbles up, no prop mod on) mass of a rolling HIC is < .1 Gg. The cold mass of a higgsed porpoise is 2Gg, as proposed. That is over 20x larger, and that is a direct 20x increase in the odds of getting rolled out.

3 Likes

I’m just gonna leave this here:

2 Likes

It absolutely matters who your representatives and administrators are. Every administration in the US can point to something they did and say ‘do you think my opponent would have done this?’ Usually that includes Supreme Court appointees, who are there for life.

It also matters who is on the CSM, because if you have people who don’t have the first clue about how the dynamics play out in the game, you get CCP getting bad advice. CCP doesn’t know how the masses of players do things, because even if they have all the data, they don’t have the why of it. They can’t be in everyone’s comms. You can’t reconstruct ‘what were they trying to do here?’ from ‘this fleet blew up’.

Add to that, bad CSMs will just be in it for their own bloc. Good ones will listen to the players who know things they don’t know. And even if they can’t say ‘hey, CCP said X, how do you feel about it?’ because of the NDA, they can move more obliquely to get that info out of people.

Personally, I think Brisc’s doing a good job as a CSM member: he’s here, he’s listening, he’s trying to find solutions. He’s offering suggestions to CCP based on those things.

It absolutely matters.

or they could make a focus group with null seccers and wormholers to help them hash out the changes instead of making ham fisted decisions

1 Like

I think your unwillingness to recognize that this is a legitimate issue that folks have been asking for a fix for for a long time (lurch HICs) and your casual throw away line about banning people and hiring devs that are decent does nothing to help move this dialogue along. It’s pointless.

You want to complain about the fix, then help me find a solution. I can go to reddit for bad jokes.

Why would you need to go to reddit when you make threads here?

4 Likes

So ? Plan the changes properly then !!! and do proper Changes. ■■■■■■■ up with Porpoise is what ? professional solution ?

1 Like

3m isk + the time to log out of my main and alts and log in the alpha + the time to get the alpha back into my home system later when we have a decent entrance. It’s not the isk, it’s the time. Time that we can’t spend playing the game because we’re logged into an alpha character dealing with this ■■■■.

Personal opinion; either causing a scramble effect on the HIC when bubbles are activated or disallowing 500MN MWDs entirely on HICs are my favourite solutions to the problem.

The first option from my uninformed view, seems like it would be an easier change to make on CCP’s end having to only change one module type, rather than add an exemption to every HIC.

Is this a viable solution or not?

2 Likes

Memes are funnier over there.

1 Like

So which time were you full of crap here?

Your vote matters. Your vote matters more if you talk with other players and organize to vote for the same candidates. It does absolutely suck that CCP has a system in place that inevitably makes some people feel marginalized or under-represented. They also have a system in place that ensures every player can have their voices heard.

That, by the way, is this one here. Giving feedback.

If you think the CSM go and spend 2 weeks on a godforsaken rock in the middle of the Atlantic where everything costs 10-20x what it does in civilized parts of the world because it’s fun, you’re smoking crack. These are people who really do want to make the game better. They are not looking to screw people over. And they fly out into the middle of nowhere to spend 8-12h a day locked up in a conference room with a bunch of pushy, opinionated, socially-retarded bastards… AND the folks from CCP!

It’s not a popularity contest. It’s an organizational contest. Popularity means nothing if the people who like you can’t get their act together.

ex-init member here init is very closely affiliated with the goons almost like they are married. soo calling you a goon is somewhat accurate like :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like