Praxis vs. Faction Battleship

For the Harbinger Navy Issue I’d recommend that you can fit a T2 tank and weapons. You are now flying a relatively expensive ship, spoiling it with poor fitting is inviting a disappointment.

So, this is what I fly:

Harbinger Navy Issue

[Harbinger Navy Issue, Illumination]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Micro Jump Drive
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Computer II
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Beam Laser II
Heavy Beam Laser II
Heavy Beam Laser II
Heavy Beam Laser II
Heavy Beam Laser II
Heavy Beam Laser II
Armor Command Burst II

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Valkyrie II x5
Warrior II x5

Aurora M x6
Gleam M x6
Armor Energizing Charge x300
Rapid Repair Charge x300
Imperial Navy Multifrequency M x12
Imperial Navy Standard M x6
Optimal Range Script x1
Tracking Speed Script x1

It’s a lazy fit for missions really. Thick end of 600dps with Navy Multifrequency. 100 EHP/s repair, but you aren’t going to be brawling - the MMJD is there to let you fight at range. Not that it’s going to be needed much in most Level 3 missions. The best way to reduce incoming damage is “kill 'em quickly”.
The webifier because it’s beam fitted and I quite like being able to kill small stuff easily (hence the tracking computer) - beam lasers, and any of the long range turret types, tend to have poor tracking.
The Reactive Armor Hardener saves me having to make significant changes for each of the missions. As I said, a lazy fit. All up, currently about 275m ISK at Amarr prices.

The quip about T2 fittings is serious. By the time you are thinking of flying such a ship you want to be able to make it work effectively - good weapons, good defence. The basic T1 components, things like Heat Sink I and Heavy Pulse Laser I really are not that good, the Meta items (Heavy Modulated Energy Beam I) are much better. Also, make sure you have the relevant skills trained. All those “3%” and “5%” per level bits do add up. The difference between a New player with minimal skills and me sitting in that with good skills is the difference between 250dps and 550dps from the guns, double the repair rate and a capacitor that doesn’t go pffft when you ask something of it. And if you can’t fit all the equipment in, train the basics (The Magic 14).

Other quick lessons:
Capacitor stability isn’t needed: you won’t be running everything all of the time.
Think about the purpose of the ship and optimise for that.
Fit to the strengths (bonuses) of the ship. Don’t put railguns on a ship bonused for lasers.

Good luck, and feel free to look me up in game.

3 Likes

Praxis works for low skilled players. By the time you are in a battleship though you should not be “low skilled”. As you are starting out, simply choose a battleship you like the look of and develop the skills needed to fly it (including weapon systems and the type of tank you will be using).

Also, FYI, “Faction Battleship” in eve refers to the faction ships you get outside of the singular racial lines (you have to train two racial lines to fly them) like the machariel or nightmare.

Rapid heavy Praxis blows any T1 Amarr battleship out of the water for PvE, not even a contest. Only the Raven, Typhoon and Domi can even hope to compleat with it as far as T1 battleships in general, and it costs like half what any of those do.

You’re wrong. The armageddon can fill the same role as the RHML praxis, with a better tank and fitting to boot. In amarr space the apocalypse or abaddon is absolutely the way to go, with high native resists and the best dps projection when it comes to missions.

1 Like

What about cap stability? I’m flying cruise praxis atm, doing missions in caldari space. Tried to do cap stable apoc/geddon. Those large energy weps eat your cap like there’s no tomorrow

Not amarr related, but similar topic.
The praxis will serve you well breaking into level 4 missions, until you get the skills (and skillz) and isk to get better.

Here’s a dank praxis fit suitable for lvl 4’s … around 4:30 … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CTgDmU4idI&t=1407s

Using t1 amarr bs to do missions in amarr space is pretty awful…at low skills you’ll have cap problems, and in missions with tracking disruption rats you’ll waste so much time waiting around for the rats to stop ewar so you can shoot them back. Best not use gun based t1 or pirate bs at all in amarr space, unless blitzing machariel.
Also, don’t use turrets in amarr epic arc, so many tracking disruption bs’s…

You shouldn’t be in a battleship with low skills.

So you should use a turret boat, or you shouldn’t? There are better ships for certain missions than the machariel. I have long used laser boats in amarr space and been just fine, I didn’t like the machariel for it.

You know that 1/3 of the Amarr battleships is a drone boat right? AND it can use missiles. You seem to have forgotten that throughout your entire post.

1 Like

yes you should, there are many that don’t need high skill levels to be good at pve

Mach only for blitzing cause read it’s bonuses

that’s pretty bad in lvl4’s and made obsolete by rattle

that’s pretty bad in lvl4’s and made obsolete by rattle

Yeah, read the OP; NEW PLAYER, <300m
If he is moaning about 300m he won’t be able to afford a rattlesnake.

Mach only for blitzing cause read it’s bonuses

m8 you flat out said amarr ships are bad because of tracking disruption and then suggested a ship more susceptible to tracking disruption than amarr ships (given that NPC td’s affect optimal+falloff rather than tracking)

yes you should, there are many that don’t need high skill levels to be good at pve

The amount of new ships I have bought for in game friends is astonishing, because they didn’t have the skills to fly the ship. You are ultimately better off flying 4x L3 missions in an hour than 1x L4. If a praxis looks like a good ship because you lack racial skills, then you have low skills and should not be in a battleship.

Frankly I can’t believe I am actually responding to someone who thinks the praxis is better than amarr ships in amarr space.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.