Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP

PSA: Inflation is defined as a general increase in the price level. The increase in a single item in the basket of goods used to calculate a CPI (or any other index) is not necessarily inflation. Some even limit the definition to a sustained increase in the price level due to a rise in the quantity of money.

Then pay for a subscription. That is what I do, I pay approximately $0.365/day to play (I buy for a year at a time). Even if you pay month-to-month you are paying only about $0.50/day to access Omega content.

We have absolutely no idea what inequality looks like in the game. Ironically PLEX can be a mechanism to reduce that inequality.

As was asked earlier, how long did you think about this?

PLEX offeres another avenue for obtaining Omega status. This gives players more choices. Yes, the high price makes it hard for some players to avail themselves of this option, but still it is an option for some. So it is better to have it than not.

Further, it allows the mega rich players to trade ISK for game time…with players who may have time to work a good job, but less time to grind. Thus, it may very well flatten out the ISK/Wealth distribution–i.e. move ISK from the mega rich to the non-mega rich.

You need to get rid of this idiotic idea that PLEXing an account is playing for free. It isn’t.

A person who PLEX their account trades time for ISK and then trades the ISK for PLEX to obtain Omega status.

A person who pays via a sub trades their time for RL money, then trades that RL money with CCP to obtain Omega status.

In both cases, people are trading time ultimately for Omega status. Some players have a high opportunity cost of time, others do not. PLEX lets those players come together and make a mutually beneficial trade.

Your posts indicate such a trade is not mutually beneficial to you. Fine. Don’t make the trade. Pay via a sub…which is what you want to force everyone else to do…so lead by example and do it now.

How are the winning Balos?

Then don’t. Stop playing the PLEX game, pay via sub and stop whining like a ■■■■■.

2 Likes